Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 04:06 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,917,416 times

Advertisements

Didn't know where to post this....found on another website.

Watch the video first.........

Revolutionary Politics » Blog Archive » FOXNews-12 yr old SanFrancisco Girl to Russian Troops: Thank You

by Mike Whitney

13/08/08 "ICH" --- - The American-armed and trained Georgian army swarmed into South Ossetia last Thursday, killing an estimated 2,000 civilians, sending 40,000 South Ossetians fleeing over the Russian border, and destroying much of the capital, Tskhinvali. The attack was unprovoked and took place a full 24 hours before even ONE Russian soldier set foot in South Ossetia. Nevertheless, the vast majority of Americans still believe that the Russian army invaded Georgian territory first. The BBC, AP, NPR, the New York Times and the rest of the establishment media has consistently and deliberately misled its readers into believing that the violence in South Ossetia was initiated by the Kremlin. Let's be clear, it wasn't. In truth, there is NO dispute about the facts except among the people who rely the western press for their information. Despite its steady loss of credibility, the corporate media continues to operate as the propaganda-arm of the Pentagon.

....more

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle20508.htm

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 04:36 PM

45 posts, read 134,357 times
I loathe the corporate media as much as anyone, but I seriously doubt that the Georgian army went into South Ossetia and killed 2000 civilians, not to say that civilians weren't killed. It's undisputed that Georgian forces fired the first shots in South Ossetia with the intent to reclaim the territiory and push back the Russian forces into Russia.

The intentions of BOTH sides are impure. When South Ossetia broke away from Georgia, Russian govt personel quickly rushed in to issue Russian citizenship to South Ossetia civilians; setting up the frame work for their argument of using force in South Ossetia and Georgian territory to 'protect' RUSSIAN civilians who were being harmed by the Goergians.

It's a ****ing sham. The truth is that Russia doesn't like the Western influence in Georgia(i dont blame them). The U.S has adopted the strategy of encircling Russia with Western controlled(puppets), former soviet satellite states. The US isn't suporting Georgia because they give a crap about Democracy; we've been accumulating power and influence under the guise of spreading domocracy for some time now.

To tell you the truth, there has been no need for NATO since the demise of the Soviet Union, it serves as a device to gain influence. Russia doesn't give a crap about Georgia's sovereignty, they would love to annex them, along with all the former Soviet sattelites in a heart beat. That's why whenever a piece of Georgian territory breaks way, even if it's not recognized by the international community, Russia jumps in to gobble it up.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:58 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,229,470 times
Added some content to the thread title

Old 08-14-2008, 05:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Here's another link (outside the US) that supports this thread:

Russia battles Georgia over breakaway region of South Ossetia | World news | guardian.co.uk

"The Russian incursion began after Georgia launched a major military offensive to retake control of South Ossetia, which has enjoyed de facto autonomy since the early 1990s but officially remains part of the country."

Old 08-14-2008, 05:50 PM

113 posts, read 496,393 times
Think oil might be involved like in Iraq?

Old 08-14-2008, 05:54 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG_HRD View Post
Think oil might be involved like in Iraq?

Yeah, Russia's next on our list...

Old 08-14-2008, 07:51 PM

251 posts, read 880,859 times
Yes a friend of mine told me about this and he was pissed because the jew news network decided it could not the truth come out and cut the woman off, she hit it right on the head when she said i know you do not want to hear this, she knows how the msm media is like, run by the ones who want us to attack russia.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:22 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,678,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlack View Post
Yes a friend of mine told me about this and he was pissed because the jew news network decided it could not the truth come out and cut the woman off, she hit it right on the head when she said i know you do not want to hear this, she knows how the msm media is like, run by the ones who want us to attack russia.
White Power! No War But Race War! Sieg Heil!

Old 08-15-2008, 02:11 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,917,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlack View Post
This is censorship, reporting news nationally/worldwide has serious implications............

Who polices the media from reporting incorrect information???????

Old 08-15-2008, 04:37 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Who polices the media from reporting incorrect information???????
We do. "The media" makes its money with advertising dollars. If you don't like the job they're doing, you're welcome to change the channel, pick up a different newspaper or click over to a different website. If you really don't like the job they're doing, you can loudly boycott their sponsors. If enough people feel the same as you, the advertisers will stop advertising with them and "the media" will change.

For now, most people don't really care. They want entertainment and sensationalism from their news outlets, and the news outlets deliver. Don't blame them for giving the majority what they want. They're in business to make money, not to gain your approval for a job well done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies