Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 12:31 AM

3 posts, read 8,207 times

Advertisements

I'm mestizo and look white. Spain is like england to us Mexican Americans. We have the best of both worlds. I'm Spanish and tarahumara Indian but more on the Spanish side. My ancestors drove your ancestors out of Mexico because we didn't need u anymore. What has Spain accomplished other than raping indians and hiding behind a cross when u brought evil to the new world

Old 06-15-2011, 12:53 AM

I'm proud of my heritage but spanish people from Spain are soft. Look at pau gasol. He's like a woman in a mans body. I hear that people in Spain don't have any regard for the mestizo race. U guys suck at war and haven't done **** for 500 years. Oh they won the world cup. Soccers a pansy sport. We mestizos are stronger than the native Spanish will ever be. I'm a 5th generation American. The greatest country on earth and Mexican Americans have fought for and sacrificed alot for our country. Spain is not a factor in this country. Your military sucks and the U.S. already kicked your ass once. so please don't ever for a second, think u spaniards are better than us mestizos. Because your track record proves otherwise. Viva estados unidos y viva Mexico tu Pinche ******es!!

Old 06-15-2011, 01:04 AM

My comment was directed for a previous American bashing guy from Spain who offended me with his choice of words. Throw a tomato at me if I hurt your feelings

Old 07-20-2011, 01:15 PM

132 posts, read 304,735 times
Default Why do Americans think Spanish people (aka Spaniards aka Europeans) are non-white?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne007 View Post
It's funny how the media portrays full blooded Spaniards like Antonio Banderas, Penelope Cruz and Julio Iglesias as non-whites.

There are many native Spaniards with blue eyes and blonde hair, but just because most have brown eyes, dark hair an a tan, dfoesnt mean they aint white.

I mean most Americans would consider them non-white.

The same Americans would say Christiano Ronaldo (portugese), Al Pacino (Italian-American) and Monica Belucci (Italian) are white.
I think there are so many Latinos in the world that people forget about the Spanish colonizers. Also many people up until recently use Spanish to describe Latinos who are often a mixture of black/indian/spanish.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:32 PM

132 posts, read 304,735 times
Default Why do Americans think Spanish people (aka Spaniards aka Europeans) are non-white?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Spaniards are white.

I don't see how one could consider the Spanish non-white, but consider Italians or Greeks white. They are all Mediterraneans.
As white as snow. Who do you think the Indians were calling white man when the Spanish came over?

People from Europe are white, period. All of the indigenous folks over there be they from Norway, Germany, Denmark, France, Romania, Albania, wherever.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:13 PM

127 posts, read 277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
What's so great about being white? Everybody envies you and then calls you a racist to boot. I mean, why is everybody so sensitive about whether or not they are in the white 'category'?
or they assume if you are white then you are rich.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:06 PM

2,597 posts, read 4,661,517 times
Default boredatwork

Because theres are no pure races in the world today ....back in the early evolutionary days humans stocks were mixed up to create the races we see today ...some mixed more than others...the only races that represent the oldest original races are black ppl (isolated in Africa) and asian ppl(chose Asia) and even they are descended from descendents who were already mixed....even so called "white" ppl show so many varying characteristics is bc they've been mixed early on in evolution with ppl in and around the Mediterranean and located to Europe ...Then the continents and glaciers started to shift causing races to never even make contact with each other for half million years..African-American and Africans arent two different races one is just more mixed up than the other through evolution

Last edited by boreatwork; 07-20-2011 at 05:19 PM..

Old 07-20-2011, 11:51 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,786,073 times
the American population in general is racist and stupid.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:52 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
the American population in general is racist and stupid.
plus Americans couldn't tell the difference between a Spaniard and an avocado!

Old 07-21-2011, 11:43 AM

1,278 posts, read 2,623,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Md080808 View Post
I'm proud of my heritage but spanish people from Spain are soft. Look at pau gasol. He's like a woman in a mans body. I hear that people in Spain don't have any regard for the mestizo race. U guys suck at war and haven't done **** for 500 years. Oh they won the world cup. Soccers a pansy sport. We mestizos are stronger than the native Spanish will ever be. I'm a 5th generation American. The greatest country on earth and Mexican Americans have fought for and sacrificed alot for our country. Spain is not a factor in this country. Your military sucks and the U.S. already kicked your ass once. so please don't ever for a second, think u spaniards are better than us mestizos. Because your track record proves otherwise. Viva estados unidos y viva Mexico tu Pinche ******es!!
Please do us all a favor and S T F U .

Signed,
Mexican-Americans of the world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies