Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 03:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

I posted this in another thread;

I called the congressman's office to find out when he would apologize for his comments.

The guy said he would make no comment during ongoing trial.

I said that didn't stop him from accusing and convicting the marines even before a trial.

He claimed that murtha made the comments in the context of how some marines are stressed and will do awful things in such circumstances.

I told him he was a cowardly SOB.

The guy needs to be booted from office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 04:25 PM

994 posts, read 1,544,575 times
It's Bush And Cheney That Need To Apologize For Lying Us Into This Evil War - Not Murtha!

Old 06-19-2008, 04:30 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Murtha needs to apologize and resign from office IMO

Old 06-19-2008, 07:58 PM

439 posts, read 1,232,498 times
No one is saying killing civis is right, however you can tell me that a congressman calling a grou guilty before a trial is right? Come on. Why are we fighting if we dont even have the simple fact of guilty unitl proven innocent? I think alot of people that get elected into DC lose their roots as seems to be the case. I would think a former Marine would say wait until all the evidence is presented before judegment. Good for these Marines OORAAHHH. Im in the Army so Marines arent my best friends but in the end we all fight the same battles, and I am glad they are free.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:10 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,393 times
Hoorah! Doggie! Thank you for your service!

Old 06-19-2008, 08:55 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
OK, now I've got it. Murtha alleged certain things about what happened at Haditha. Just like Bush, Cheney, Powell, and Rumsfeld et al alleged that Iraq had WMD and we were all going to die any minute.

I recall an interview where Bush was asked by a foreign correspondent if the US should apologize to Iraq and the President was incensed at the question. I haven't seen him or anyone else apologize for that incorrect allegation. So, why the double standard now? Shouldn't someone apologize for placing troops in Haditha to begin with?

Old 06-19-2008, 09:52 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,326,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Media Snoozing Through Another Haditha Development

"Lt. Col. Jeffrey Chessani is the latest Marine to turn out not to be a "cold-blooded killer" that the media and Democratic politicians painted Marines charged with the Haditha "massacre" to be. This two weeks after another Marine was acquitted in a Haditha court martial."

No huevos, no glory, John Murtha!

Media Snoozing Through Another Haditha Development | NewsBusters.org
Here's a great link. The president of the group is a former Navy Seal officer and a friend of mine. Larry Bailey helped bring down John Kerry with the truth about him. Boot Murtha homepage

Old 06-20-2008, 08:26 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,283 times
Why is it that this democratic congressman thinks the terrorists being detained should be considered "innocent until proven guilty" but our own Marines are called cold blooded killers based on a rumor? The Democratic party has lost their way. . . .

Old 06-20-2008, 08:30 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Off topic.

We are discussing how the majority of the Marines hae been found innocent or the charges dropped,although they were already found guilty in the media and by Murtha.
It is off topic but so telling; the typical liberal head in the sand, continuing the smear even when being proven irrefutably wrong.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:33 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
It's Bush And Cheney That Need To Apologize For Lying Us Into This Evil War - Not Murtha!
So you have no problem with an elected official going on a pc witch hunt after our troops? The same troops who give you all the freedoms that you have? That put themselves in harms way so people like you don't have to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies