Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2008, 11:03 AM

10,654 posts, read 18,727,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
How many of these women have also been abducted by aliens? Ultrasound is routinely available at Planned Parenthood clinics. It is an important tool in prenatal care and also in assuring that IUD's are properly placed within the uterus. If a unit is for whatever reason not operational, or if a woman's pregnancy is too far advanced for the machines they have to analyze properly, a referral to an alternate site is provided. Back-fence gossip and rumor do not much of an argument make...that's the sort of garbage that convinced some people that we needed to invade Iraq...
From personal experience - Planned Parenthood uses Ultrasound, and private clinics also use Ultrasound.

Unless it is a VERY early medical abortion, fetal age must be determined before providing an abortion. Especially in later abortions (as per topic of thread) - they MUST use ultrasound to ensure they are following the law.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:06 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,166,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
From personal experience - Planned Parenthood uses Ultrasound, and private clinics also use Ultrasound.

Unless it is a VERY early medical abortion, fetal age must be determined before providing an abortion. Especially in later abortions (as per topic of thread) - they MUST use ultrasound to ensure they are following the law.
What is very early?

Old 06-15-2008, 12:16 PM

The timeframe where a medical (pill) abortion can take place. Before 7 weeks gestation.

Although, I just discovered, ultrasound is also used in those cases as well to ensure you are that early.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:20 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,166,738 times
Quote:
The timeframe where a medical (pill) abortion can take place. Before 7 weeks gestation.

Although, I just discovered, ultrasound is also used in those cases as well to ensure you are that early.
I asked because I didn't see one.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
I asked because I didn't see one.
Was it prior to 7/8 weeks? How long ago was the abortion performed? Was it at PP, a private clinic, or a private doctor? Did you ask about an ultrasound? Were you provided the mandatory pre-abortion counseling?

My knowledge only dates about about 12 years - I don't know how things were done before then.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:43 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,596,689 times
What it comes down to is this in my opinion:

How do we view a life and when does it begin? Clearly, those of you who favor abortion and have had one, I will obviously assume that you are of the group who think of a fetus as a "blob" as one of you shared earlier, and that's fine; you're entitled to your opinion.

I believe that life does begin at conception, and that all life is precious and a gift from God. Unfortunately we as humans have decided what determines life. We have taken the drivers seat and have told God, "you are not in control of my life, I can do whatever I want and I'll show you."

What's the worst that can happen if a woman brought a child into this world? How selfish some must be to think only of themselves and not of others around them who might be begging for a child, but can't have one because of medical complications.

I think because of this disregard for life, our society as a whole has drifted away from our basic beliefs of life, and death, and we're seeing the fruits of that now in our everyday life. It's not governments responsibility to necessarily outlaw abortion, but it definately shouldn't use taxpayer money to fund those groups that suppport abortion.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
What it comes down to is this in my opinion:

How do we view a life and when does it begin? Clearly, those of you who favor abortion and have had one, I will obviously assume that you are of the group who think of a fetus as a "blob" as one of you shared earlier, and that's fine; you're entitled to your opinion.
And you are entitled to yours, thats why no one will force you to have an abortion, it's your choice not to.

Quote:
I believe that life does begin at conception, and that all life is precious and a gift from God. Unfortunately we as humans have decided what determines life. We have taken the drivers seat and have told God, "you are not in control of my life, I can do whatever I want and I'll show you."
I do not believe in God, so why should he dictate my life?

Quote:
What's the worst that can happen if a woman brought a child into this world? How selfish some must be to think only of themselves and not of others around them who might be begging for a child, but can't have one because of medical complications.
There are 1 million children in the system already, why haven't those children been adopted yet by those people?
Quote:
I think because of this disregard for life, our society as a whole has drifted away from our basic beliefs of life, and death, and we're seeing the fruits of that now in our everyday life. It's not governments responsibility to necessarily outlaw abortion, but it definately shouldn't use taxpayer money to fund those groups that suppport abortion.
Do you think that Planned Parenthood should have their funding cut simply because they offer abortion, in addition to family planning and prenatal care?

Old 06-16-2008, 08:50 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,685,701 times
Quote:
There are 1 million children in the system already, why haven't those children been adopted yet by those people?

As has been pointed out numerous times, the millions in the system that are not adopted is because most are unadoptable. In other words, parental rights have not been terminated. And for those that have had their parental rights terminated, they are oftentimes older children with a lot of emotional baggage. I for one knew myself to be unequipped to deal with those issues (RAD for instance). I wish I could, those kids have been shafted by thier parents and then the foster care system that believe blood trumps all.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
As has been pointed out numerous times, the millions in the system that are not adopted is because most are unadoptable. In other words, parental rights have not been terminated. And for those that have had their parental rights terminated, they are oftentimes older children with a lot of emotional baggage. I for one knew myself to be unequipped to deal with those issues (RAD for instance). I wish I could, those kids have been shafted by thier parents and then the foster care system that believe blood trumps all.
Ok, the estimate I read says 400k out of 1M are adoptable.

Who is going to adopt the 400k that are already waiting?

If there are no abortions, what about the ones that are born handicapped or drug addicted? Who is going to equipped to adopt them?

Old 06-16-2008, 09:18 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,685,701 times
Quote:
Ok, the estimate I read says 400k out of 1M are adoptable.

Who is going to adopt the 400k that are already waiting?

If there are no abortions, what about the ones that are born handicapped or drug addicted? Who is going to equipped to adopt them?
Alright...who are the 400,000 that are adoptable? I would hazard a guess that they have emotional problems brought on by their parents and excasberated by the state. Have you heard of family reunification? By the time a child is finally able to be adopted, they are oftentimes 9 + years of age, a lot are teenagers. All states prescribe to this social theory, without giving a rats ass about the children it hurts.
The children in foster care is a seperate issue from abortion as foster care has damaged them as much as their abusive parents have done.
If giving your child up for adoption no longer had the stigma attached to it, I believe some women would go that route then abort. And there are families who would adopt domestically -- very happily without care to the race of the child. But as it stands now, foster care is keeping children in bondage while the state give the parents every chance (and then some) to clean up their act. And the child pays the price.
But this is probably better suited to its own thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.