Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2008, 09:44 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,748,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
Well boys, don't like abortion, USE birth control. I'm a bit tired of men complaining about the womens right to choose. Men also have the right to choose by using birth control. Simple isn't it?
Using that logic, I'm not black so I have no say about racism, i'm not a women so the heck with womens rights. I'm not poor so I could care less about the downtrodden. Nice logic.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Until they have the fetus sucking the life out of their body, the man is out of the equation. Why should a woman be held prisoner for 9 months for something she doesn't want?

As discussed in the numerous other threads on a woman’s right to choose, it’s a matter of definition.

I define a fetus as a parasite, it is not viable.
Once it is viable, it’s a different story (for me).

Pretty simple.
Interesting how you don’t respect the choices that others make for their own lives.
How does another person’s actions affect you in any way?
Your definition of viability please?

Old 06-09-2008, 10:41 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,470,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

Aaron, try taking the emotion out of your posts. You are making this stuff up based on your emotions. You’re not making sense, please tell me where you’re getting this information. It’s simply an emotional appeal.

Separate entity from mother. All its chromosomes intact. Grows on its own. It is a child from conception.

There is no such thing as the "anti-choice" movement. Such a name would apply to pro-life if it didn't have anything to do with human right's. The pro-life movement is a pro-human right's movement.

Terms that can be applied. Pro-murderer. Pro-psycho. Pro-infanticide supporter. Anti-compassioners. Pro-okay with making the 'choice' to murder. Pro-deathers. Pro-sick in the head.

You and I don't have the right to murder human beings, therefore that option SHOULD be removed from the table as a "choice." Pro-choice as defined by the pro-abortion movement is an abomination to human rights.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
Reproductive choices are not easy for a woman to make. I have no idea why these extremist anti-choicers think that when a woman has an abortion it's as easy to her as getting her nails clipped, it's not like that at all, it is a very difficult decision that will affect the rest of her life, so let her make it on her own.
Oh yeah, the inconvenience of coming up with 300 bucks must be so difficult for these pro-deathers. These pro-murderers need to come up with a new gig besides the reproductive rights argument, and the difficulty of making the decision.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:47 PM

2,935 posts, read 5,014,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Separate entity from mother. All its chromosomes intact. Grows on its own. It is a child from conception.
Is a fertilized egg cell a child?

Old 06-09-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
Is a fertilized egg cell a child?
Does it have 44 chromosomes? I would be surprised if it did.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:52 PM

If I brush my arm a lot of cells will fall off that have (I think) 46 chromosomes.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:57 PM

Can they grow on their own, and have the huge potential for life, even after three weeks? I'm interested in seeing picture of said cells, that would be cool. Do these cells look like you do?

Old 06-09-2008, 11:03 PM

They can reproduce on their own as long as I leave them in my body rather than scraping them off. Actually the ones I scrape off are already dead, but I have to say that scraping myself from a fall, while painful, wouldn't make me feel like much of a murderer. Most cells have a huge potential for life, otherwise I'd be dead by now since they'd have stopped reproducing. The cells don't look like I do but neither do the fertilized egg cells. I used to look like one but I was sort of a brainless, unfeeling microorganism at the time so I don't really remember what that was like, sort of like when I was a sperm and an egg that hadn't met yet. It's not clear to me what's so morally different between the two scenarios. Maybe Bush should have bombed a Trojan factory to keep them from making all those rubber WMDs.

Last edited by fishmonger; 06-09-2008 at 11:23 PM..

Old 06-09-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
They can reproduce on their own as long as I leave them in my body rather than scraping them off. Actually the ones I scrape off are already dead, but I have to say that scraping myself from a fall, while painful, wouldn't make me feel like much of a murderer. Most cells have a huge potential for life, otherwise I'd be dead by now since they'd have stopped reproducing. The cells don't look like I do but neither do the fertilized egg cells. I used to look like one but I was sort of a brainless, unfeeling microorganism at the time so I don't really remember what that was like, sort of like when I was a sperm and an egg that hadn't met yet. It's not clear to me what's so morally different between the two scenarios. Maybe Bush should have bombed a Trojan factory to keep them from making all those rubber WMDs.
WAS? Sorry, couldn't resist. I keed, I keed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.