Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM

4,548 posts, read 4,074,582 times

Advertisements

Pedophile man good. Orange Man bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM

39,112 posts, read 51,361,697 times
Chinese ev's will still come. They will just be twice as expensive for Americans consumers like washing machines and other goods that are now subject to tariffs. As a further consequence, American manufacturers, freed of competitive pressures will fall behind in innovation, technology and quality and ultimately lose what market share they do retain because of the leveling of costs.

Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM

38,132 posts, read 22,262,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Typical democrat, just forget whatever they said yesterday, and believe whatever they say today, and then forget everything they've ever said when they contradict all of it by what they say tomorrow.

Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM
Status: "Wasting time in the internet. Just like you." (set 18 hours ago)

1,211 posts, read 631,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
You sound like a bitter woman after breaking up with her man with whom she had multiple episodes of actions together but then turned sour and started bad mouthing the man who gave her what she was looking for …chinese products in general are made to meet the needs of mostly people in need or wanting to make the best bang for their buck. You won’t ever hear people of Zuckberg class complaining how bad/cheap Chinese products are. People with options will likely not betting their luck on a Chinese car after 1-2 bad experiences… but you stick to it 5 times…doesn’t sound too smart
You sound like a person who hasnt done a lot of overseas work travel requiring rental cars and to stay within a certain budget to get around.

Most rental car companies price by class, not car brand.
If the middle east countries I worked in had car rental agencies stock Chinese brand cars, that is what I got.

I have experienced Chinese car products, and have been less than impressed. Give me a Japanese or Korean model sure, but I can see Chinese cars are low quality with poor or weird design.

Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM

45,568 posts, read 60,845,911 times
I'm still waiting for the outrage about these tariffs like a few years ago:
https://www.france24.com/en/20190824...oods-trade-war
https://www.brookings.edu/articles/m...-hurt-america/

Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM

34,282 posts, read 18,661,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Biden weighed the profitability of another term as president against the current level of bribes he receives from China and decided now is the best time to support additional Chinese tariffs.
He's already told China the tariffs will go away when he's re-elected. They'll pretend to be outraged over the tariffs to sell the scam, as they laugh behind our backs.

U.S. car manufacturers already are buying EVs from China and rebadging them under their brands. Look for this to increase dramatically as more EV mandates and ICE restrictions are put into place.

Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM

38,132 posts, read 22,262,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I'm still waiting for the outrage about these tariffs like a few years ago:
https://www.france24.com/en/20190824...oods-trade-war
https://www.brookings.edu/articles/m...-hurt-america/
No such chance. There are just too many examples of dems doing the same things, or even worse, and yet their voters never give a rat's ass. Only when a repub does something do the dems ever care.

Remember when the dems crucified Bush as a warmonger for years over Iraq and Afghanistan. Even though Bush spent months going on TV before the UN, and the American people and getting signed permission for Congress. The dems even forced Bush to get authorization from the US Senate twice.

But the same people were silent when Obama suddenly went to war against Libya on a Friday, went golfing over the weekend, and only on Monday did he deign to mention it to the American people. He never spoke to Congress, much less received authorization from Congress.

Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM

25,987 posts, read 12,998,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Desert Guy View Post
You sound like a person who hasnt done a lot of overseas work travel requiring rental cars and to stay within a certain budget to get around.

If the middle east countries I worked in had car rental agencies stock Chinese brand cars, that is what I got.

I have experienced Chinese car products, and have been less than impressed. Give me a Japanese or Korean model sure, but I can see Chinese cars are low quality with poor or weird design.
^^^...for instance...China owns Lotus. I was looking at buying a Lotus until I learned it was CCP owned.

While researching the Lotus rear engine Emira model, I came across video's online pointing out the engineering goofs...

The engine is made by Toyota (turn off when trying to buy a Brit exotic), & is at the rear behind the cockpit.

The front "bonnet" should be like today's Covette, or 911, able to hold some cargo...but not the Lotus...no storage in the bonnet at all.

The only storage is in the rear behind the engine...like the Corvettte's rear "boot". Problem is, if the Lotus gets wet, & you raise the rear trunk, all the water falls into the trunk, & onto your stuff...like groceries.

I'm not buying any CCP car...not even the Volvo, which is a much better car than the Lotus.

disclaimer: I lived in Dearborn MI, home of Ford Motor Company, so I'm biased. I saw lots of men lose their jobs during the Japanese invasion, & things got very ugly in Dearborn...nightmarish...I'm still trying to forget the things I saw.

Last edited by beach43ofus; Yesterday at 03:57 PM..

Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM

9,968 posts, read 4,720,866 times
By targeting evs that's almost a backdoor admission that their ev agenda is not going the way they want. If it was really that important to them they would be doing anything to get US drivers into evs especially with cheap evs compared to discounted or subsidized ones.

Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM

5,178 posts, read 5,007,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Desert Guy View Post

In that case, it was your budget limiting you to choosing low end chinese cars. the quality/design of rental cars sold to the ME markets could differ hugely from cars entering the US market because they likely sell higher end cars based on the purchasing power of the American market. There are youtube videos you can watch to learn about the design/quality/performance of current models from top Chinese EV makers. They are not exactly Tesla, but for the price they will steal of a lot of customers from Tesla if Biden doesn't close the door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies