Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 09:40 AM

27,892 posts, read 14,088,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Backed by "Tehran", Yemen, Russia, NK, and China too.

Exactly - so basically the enemies of the US and Western World.

Old 05-07-2024, 09:41 AM

3,619 posts, read 2,296,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Exactly.

The only people who really want this violence are the religious fanatics in Hamas, Hezbollah and the numerous other Islamic fundamentalist terrorist organisations around the world, many of whom are backed by the religious fanatics back in Tehran.
Unfortunately, acolytes of this death cult are spreading the world over like cancer. In a few more generations, many Western nations will cease to resemble their current selves. Of particular worry is what this will mean for countries like France and Britain, who may conceivably have Islamist leadership drooling over their newly found control of a thermonuclear arsenal.

Old 05-07-2024, 09:46 AM

27,892 posts, read 14,088,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Unfortunately, acolytes of this death cult are spreading the world over like cancer. In a few more generations, many Western nations will cease to resemble their current selves. Of particular worry is what this will mean for countries like France and Britain, who may conceivably have Islamist leadership drooling over their newly found control of a thermonuclear arsenal.
I don't think France or Britain are any where near that type of scenario, although I do agree that immigration thrughout the West needs to be tightly controlled.

Parts of Russia are however heavily Islamic, and Russia has over 15 million Muslims, and was recently the subject of a terrible Islamic terrorist attack.

Whilst China might back countries such as Iran, in reality they don't tolerate Islam in China, and Muslims are sent to re-education camps.

Old 05-07-2024, 10:01 AM

17,784 posts, read 18,086,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
There are 22 Arab countries in the world. There are 49 muslim countries in the world.

Yet somehow we (Jews) are trying to take over the world, and one tiny little country in the middle east (without any oil) is too many?
And many of those Muslim nations use to have a large population of Christian’s and Jews. However they were forced to convert to Islam, flee the country, or die. Those non-Muslims still living within Islamic countries are like second or third class citizens. Meanwhile in Israel, Christian’s and Muslims are not only citizens, they’re also allowed to vote in elections and hold public elected office. While homosexuals in Islamic countries must hide their sexuality for fear of prison or execution, these same homosexuals have rights of protection in Israel.

Old 05-07-2024, 10:06 AM

3,517 posts, read 2,826,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The Israeli's have to endure numerous rocket and missile attacks as part of every day life, as well as suicide bombings, however the 7th October was just a step to far, and I don't blame the Israeli's for trying to destroy Islamic fundamentalist groups.
Very true. The Israeli's have been pushed to the edge by being attacked for having one country to call home.

Then there's all the antisemitism at University protests. It's funny how despite Russia being at war with Ukraine or the condition of Uyghur Muslims in China, I never hear about hate towards Russians or the Chinese on University campuses and other places. But yet when it comes to the Jewish, it's like open season.

I realize that there is a lot of racism towards Muslims but the Jewish have it much worst.

Old 05-07-2024, 10:14 AM

3,441 posts, read 2,027,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.columbo View Post
This is a perfect Example of 'Joining the Crowd to BELONG to something' --- its classic Rebel without a Cause. 90% of these kids don't even know the Facts --- they are just 'Lemmings' going along with the Crowd !

;(
Yep. More like Rebel without a clue

Old 05-07-2024, 12:27 PM

6,340 posts, read 4,770,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The people worked up about civilian casualties in the Gaza war couldn't care less about civilian casualties in the Ukrainian war or a hundred other war zones. They never complain about those civilian deaths, they just want to complain about deaths they can pin on Jews.
Not true of me. Use this argument on someone who it applies to but that's not what I believe at all. And I've already said that I think it's tragic no matter what civilian bystander ends up as a casualty.

Old 05-07-2024, 01:20 PM

39,536 posts, read 27,999,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Not true of me. Use this argument on someone who it applies to but that's not what I believe at all. And I've already said that I think it's tragic no matter what civilian bystander ends up as a casualty.
You are obviously a compassionate, kind person. However, I think most people (including myself) do not really understand how a war should be fought. My late boyfriend told me, not all Muslims were terrorists when he was a Marine. He STILL lost his life in his very early 20s and I will never "get over" it. He is a very kind soul, but he's also an exceptionally great Marine.

To me, proportionality is an illusion. There is nothing proportional in most conflicts. Many times, you need to act in a way that will discourage any further aggression, especially when your back is against the wall.

The fact that civilians should be protected has nothing to do with proportionality. Targeting civilians is forbidden, however, collateral damage is very difficult to avoid.

I don't believe Palestinian children deserve to die , but I also understand it is a question of legitimate use of means to achieve ends.

As the casualty difference between the two sides became greater, the concept started being used as a propaganda tool by pro Palestinian press. There is absolutely no historical precedent for that concept applied or talked about in any war prior to this.

The low Israeli death rate is due to Israel's massive expenditure of resources to protect its civilian population, with shelters for all, an efficient early warning system, and the iron dome rocket shield.

I think the debate on war has in the recent decade broken down to "good/bad", "right/wrong", "even "left/right". This is not an appropriate way of viewing one of the most important elements of humanity.

War is not a yes or no, always or never decision or circumstance. It is never the same, and always totally dependent on the people involved, the cultures and history of the region as well as the resources in contention.

The point should be that war is a FINAL option. War is not a game.

I lost childhood friend and my first love because of this horrible war on terror. My personal opinion is that you fight to survive. no more/no less.

When Jewish people say, "Never again". They really mean it. Never again.

Old 05-07-2024, 01:54 PM

4,289 posts, read 2,645,050 times
The same Blood Libel which was used in the Middle Ages has taken hold in the GOP. Rep. Greene said:

“Antisemitism is wrong, but I will not be voting for the Antisemitism Awareness Act of 2023 (H.R. 6090) today that could convict Christians of antisemitism for believing the Gospel that says Jesus was handed over to Herod to be crucified by the Jews,” she said. “Read the bill text and contemporary examples of antisemitism like #9.”

In short, she embraces anti-semitic tropes, and yet, no one in the GOP calls her out.

Old 05-07-2024, 02:48 PM

33,151 posts, read 19,768,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
The same Blood Libel which was used in the Middle Ages has taken hold in the GOP. Rep. Greene said:

“Antisemitism is wrong, but I will not be voting for the Antisemitism Awareness Act of 2023 (H.R. 6090) today that could convict Christians of antisemitism for believing the Gospel that says Jesus was handed over to Herod to be crucified by the Jews,” she said. “Read the bill text and contemporary examples of antisemitism like #9.”

In short, she embraces anti-semitic tropes, and yet, no one in the GOP calls her out.
the bills name/title sucks

EVERYONE from the middle-east is a semite

why not actually title bills correctly...... title it: We (the people of the USA) will not stand for the terrorism of Hamas and the trespassing Jordanians who call themselves Palestinians calling for the extermination of all of Israel. The We stand with Israel bill

Last edited by workingclasshero; 05-07-2024 at 03:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies