Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2023, 02:38 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times

Advertisements

It appears Donald Trump will be spending most his leisure in the courtroom.

Quote:
Former President Trump’s trial in a case for alleged rape and libel is set to begin next week after a judge on Monday rejected Trump’s request for a one-month delay of the proceedings.

The civil trial stemming from author E. Jean Carroll’s allegation that Trump raped her in a New York department store in the 1990s will begin as scheduled on April 25. Trump has denied that the rape ever happened.
https://thehill.com/regulation/court...pe-allegation/

Old 04-17-2023, 02:45 PM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
This all sounds fishy. I can't believe that a woman could be raped in a changing room at a swanky NY department store and she says nothing until now?

This is like the Blasey Ford allegations that Bret Kavanaugh was holding drunken Rape parties. If that was really happening wasn't it her duty as a woman to come forward then and protect other women? At the very least the word would have gotten out in the community not to go to those parties were girls are being attacked.

This is all a continuation of the Witch Hunt against Trump.

Has any attorneys reached out to Tare Reade? She has just as much of a case against Biden as this Jean Carroll does with Trump.

Old 04-17-2023, 03:54 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
This all sounds fishy. I can't believe that a woman could be raped in a changing room at a swanky NY department store and she says nothing until now?

This is like the Blasey Ford allegations that Bret Kavanaugh was holding drunken Rape parties. If that was really happening wasn't it her duty as a woman to come forward then and protect other women? At the very least the word would have gotten out in the community not to go to those parties were girls are being attacked.

Has any attorneys reached out to Tare Reade? She has just as much of a case against Biden as this Jean Carroll does with Trump.
Yep, and in the end, it will all be thrown out and Trump will sue the state for damages.

Old 04-17-2023, 03:57 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Did she ever pick a year that this allegedly happened?

Old 04-17-2023, 04:23 PM

507 posts, read 344,288 times
His main defense was "she's not my type" but then during deposition he was shown a picture and asked do you recognize this woman. He said "that's Marla, my wife." It was a photo of the victim, E. Jean Carroll from the 90s.

Old 04-17-2023, 04:25 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
I heard today that she's a serial (and presumably false) accuser. She's made this claim against lots of wealthy men in NYC.
Quote:

The suit is being financed by a Leftist billionaire, the owner of LinkedIn.

Old 04-17-2023, 04:34 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
It appears Donald Trump will be spending most his leisure in the courtroom.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court...pe-allegation/
Do you have a link to the police report? If she went in to the emergency room after the rape, they will have done a rape kit, so there should be no question or not whether Trump raped her. Surely this wouldn't be another ploy to try to keep Trump from campaigning for his win in 2024.

Liberals need a lobotomy, or maybe the problem is that they already had one!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/19/polit...ial/index.html

"Carroll, a former magazine writer, alleges Trump raped her in a New York department store dressing room in the mid-1990s. She first sued Trump for defamation in 2019 after he denied the rape, said “she’s not my type” and alleged she made the claim to boost sales of her book."

So, does she have "special needs", as it took her about 30 years to realize she was raped in a dressing room in the mid-1990s. Honestly, if I were raped, I would remember the exact date and time! Also, there would be a police report, and a report from the hospital.

I'm thinking "raped in a dressing room"? I would have been screaming, kicking, biting and "kneeing", so everyone for a block would have heard me. Yeah, as a woman, I'm calling her just another liar in line to try to knock Trump out of the competition for POTUS.

I wonder who else the libs have up their sleeves!

Old 04-17-2023, 04:35 PM

3,271 posts, read 1,415,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
I heard today that she's a serial (and presumably false) accuser. She's made this claim against lots of wealthy men in NYC.
The suit is being financed by a Leftist billionaire, the owner of LinkedIn.
Just curious….what if it’s true, that he did in fact rape her? Then what?

Old 04-17-2023, 04:53 PM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Yep, and in the end, it will all be thrown out and Trump will sue the state for damages.

And the damage will be done because just like with Kavanaugh there are people that still believe he ran those drunken rape parties. With Trump this woman could come and say that she made it all up and the rape never happened and there would be people that still believe he is guilty, guilty of something, but then again they would never vote for him anyway.

This is the new way to disgrace your political opponent. You accuse them of something and then you let them waste their time, energy and money defending themselves while they get hung by the media in the court of public opinion.

The Democrats are either brilliant to do this or they are really really dirty fighters.

Old 04-17-2023, 05:13 PM

3,271 posts, read 1,415,606 times
Quote:
And the damage will be done because just like with Kavanaugh there are people that still believe he ran those drunken rape parties. With Trump this woman could come and say that she made it all up and the rape never happened and there would be people that still believe he is guilty, guilty of something, but then again they would never vote for him anyway.

This is the new way to disgrace your political opponent. You accuse them of something and then you let them waste their time, energy and money defending themselves while they get hung by the media in the court of public opinion.

The Democrats are either brilliant to do this or they are really really dirty fighters.
I dunno. A few things cross my mind: (1) You are correct….these are allegations and they may not be true. I don’t understand the legal process but I assume a judge must have found the allegations and evidence credible enough to allow a trial to go forward….maybe I’m wrong and there is no opportunity for judge to insert him/herself in these matters pre-trial, or maybe it’s a low bar to get to trial.

(2) I am a bit dubious that someone would pursue a case for purely political or financial reasons….first, Trump has deep pockets and he has the resources to put up a robust defense; and second because of who Trump is, this woman knows she is going to get A LOT of crap from the MAGAs, the MAGA press. I can’t imagine it is going to be pleasant and to put oneself through that just to politically get Trump or hope to make a buck seems unlikely to me. But again, I don’t know her or her motivations…maybe she is a liar and has really thick skin.

(3) My own impression of Trump is that he is not a man of traditional values….the general manner in which he appears to regard/treat/address women does not impress me. Again, I certainly have no first hand knowledge, but I’ve read about a number of claims where at a minimum his behavior could be described a boorish, and at worst as sexual assault. He doesn’t strike me as some choir boy. Again, it doesn’t mean he is guilty of anything, but I don’t get good vibes.

Given all of the above, I’m not convinced that he is being railroaded or being falsely accused for political or financial gain. Seems plausible to me he could be guilty. Having said that, it certainly hasn’t been proven to the standard required in a civil trial. Seems to me going before a jury and letting them sort this all out isn’t unreasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.