Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 07:04 AM

17,442 posts, read 14,680,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
I agree that 1-3 delay in period is no big deal (heavier menstruation could be) but this all begs the question why earlier on in the vaccine drive when many women were reporting this issue, our health care agencies, random “experts”, and “fact” checkers were shooting these anecdotes down as “false” and “anti-vaxxer misinformation.”

When you lie about the small things you will lie about the big things too! This is another pattern of our “trusted” authorities lying then admitting it but adding on it’s a nothingburger. If it’s a nothing burger, why lie?

PS law of averages. Saying that women’s period was delayed by 18 hours is just an average. More probably some women experienced this delay as a few days and other women no delay.
Exactly.

This and the breastfeeding news that came out in the last couple of days (things that people were talking about when the vax came out but were told to sit down and shut up) bothers me to no end.

Not because of more and more info about what the vaccine has actually done - but because people were told to get the vaccine or lose their job. Or not be able to go to a restaurant. Or go to a concert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2022, 07:05 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,967,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
No vaccine
No booster
No Covid
No worries
You forgot one. No periods for you.

Old 09-28-2022, 07:15 AM

23,580 posts, read 17,253,889 times
Also, women way past post menopausal, have reported bleeding!

Old 09-28-2022, 07:19 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
This naturally occurs in about 10% of women.

Old 09-28-2022, 07:19 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,967,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Link?

Old 09-28-2022, 07:22 AM

None of the data suggests any significant change.

Too many other factors can influence cycles.

Old 09-28-2022, 07:23 AM

17,442 posts, read 14,680,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Link?
https://www.univadis.com/viewarticle...2D19%20vaccine.

Old 09-28-2022, 07:35 AM

Number of studies have been done and showed some changes but changes were small and temporary, and within the range of pre-vaccination variability.

It's important to track but to date -- a less than one day, temporary, shift is not enough for concern.

Old 09-28-2022, 07:41 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,583,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I'm not here to argue for or against the vaccines and I had read this article with interest myself yesterday.

You do realize that this was a "study" of data within a commericial app on people's phones where they voluntarily track their menstrual cycles. The women involved already used this app and it was just data mining.

They found that after one vaccine there was an average increase in the length of a menstrual cycle by less than one day. It was something like a .71 day delay (or approximately 18 hours). If a woman had two vaccines between two periods, that could shift to a longer interval; however, there wasn't enough data on that to get anything conclusive.

The authors were quick to note that any stress to the body (be it in the form of a vaccine, mental distress, a cold, etc) also causes menstrual cycles to shorten or lengthen.

So while this is interesting and can/should be looked at further (like do other vaccines cause this?). I mean I cut my hand really bad, had a tetanus shot, and my period was 3 days late. So it's worth doing a control and probably easily done.

What the "study" did not address was all the reports of women reporting much heavier menstrual bleeding. That issue would be the more interesting one as that generally doesn't change on a healthy woman without uterine issues. The timing, by a day here or there, generally is very susceptible ot outside influences.
The point isn't that peoples lives are disrupted by a .71 day change but that SOMETHING unforeseen is happening inside the body. I wonder if the 8 mice they used to study the new vaccine gave any indication of this.

Old 09-28-2022, 07:44 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,583,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Well yes, triggering your body's immune system is going to have some short-term impact on your physiology. That means it's working.
Omg. I had forgotten about THAT excuse. "So, I've been laid up sick for 3 days and can't work after my vaccine... That means it's working!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies