Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 198 39.52%
No 254 50.70%
Unsure 49 9.78%
Voters: 501. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2023, 04:44 PM

47,069 posts, read 26,175,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
I wouldn't be so sure. Publications are coming out saying the EU will unfreeze Turkey's EU bid. It's going happen...
Nah. Membership in the EU comes with a laundry list of obligations, quite a few of which Erdogan couldn't possibly stomach. But it IS a nice carrot for him to dangle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2023, 04:54 PM

8,188 posts, read 3,746,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Nah. Membership in the EU comes with a laundry list of obligations, quite a few of which Erdogan couldn't possibly stomach. But it IS a nice carrot for him to dangle.
I think he knows that, could be just to score some political points inside the country.

Besides, even if somehow they could satisfy all the requirements and obligations (they can't, I agree) I can think of at least two countries that would more than happy to slap a veto

Old 07-10-2023, 04:58 PM

39,173 posts, read 51,463,345 times
Quote:
Soo - with the return of the Azov defenders - another move that must have made Moscow rather unhappy - it looks like Turkey is done trying to play both sides. Always interesting when the fence-sitters start to make up their minds.
Priggy's Rebellion shows Putin is weak. His days as Russia's dictator may be numbered and so may be Erdogan's hedging. Interestingly, these developments follow the Erdogan-Zelensky meeting last week.

Old 07-10-2023, 05:07 PM

26,867 posts, read 22,725,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G in MP View Post
Oh Erasure, you just ramble on and on, blah blah blah, deflect deflect...but the fact is, Ukraine is a sovereign and independent nation.

Remove all Western funding and see how "sovereign and independent" Ukraine is.

Quote:
And as that, Ukraine has agency to request training, equipment, and joint ventures with anybody regarding anything, and that includes getting that from NATO members.

If Russia doesn't like that, their agency is to whine about it, refuse to sell gas or whatever, do stuff like that....what they DON'T have agency to do is to launch an invasion.
Apparently that's precisely the agency they've had, and not to just "whining" about whatever they were concerned with.

Quote:
If NATO forced itself into Ukraine and forced it to join NATO, then you could talk, Erasure.
I have the "agency" to talk, so my personal opinion is that Ukraine could push for whatever they like, but to be ready for whatever comes as the result of it.

P.S. And oh, regarding that "refuse to sell gas to Ukraine," remember what happened to that pipe when Russia REFUSED to sell gas to Ukraine?

Yeah...Someone had an "agency" to blow it up.

Now whose "agency" that would be?

Last edited by erasure; 07-10-2023 at 05:38 PM..

Old 07-10-2023, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
1) I never claimed the formula always works. I said when a revolution occurs, it was because of that formula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsgdN17ZiH0

2) Navalny has to be on the CIA payroll. He was literally doing his part in the RAND corporation plan prior to being thrown in jail. And there are many others like him.

https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RB10014.html

In any case, Arestovich explained how the Russian government might be overthrown in the video I've linked a hundred times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xNHmHpERH8
Interviewer - Under what conditions can the power in Russia be replaced?

Arestovich - If there is an intra-elite conflict and that part of the elite that believes what is the continuation of Russia's policy of winning the Cold War and the collapse of the EU and NATO there, and in general, being an outcast in the West and fighting with the West is not profitable, and it will gain enough strength to eliminate the group that is set up for the USSR-2 project, then yes.
And Oleg Tsarov talked about what he called "TechCamp" which was training Ukrainian activists/revolutionaries to use social media to manipulate public opinion and to organize protests/revolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9hOl8TuBUM

I am aware of all that, since I follow Tzarev on a daily basis - he is one of my favorite politicians out there.

With that being said, I'll repeat my question - "How do you instigate a "color revolution" in the country, that hates its oligarchs and looks with suspicion at anyone connected to big money and the West?"

So with other words, how do you instigate the "color revolution" specifically in Russia?

Quote:
3) The NED would gladly give money to Prigozhin to overthrow the Russian government because it would almost certainly lead to Civil War. The Russian elite overwhelmingly do not prefer Prigozhin to Putin.
Right.

But who is going to stick for the current "Russian elite" in this supposed "civil war?"

Truth to be told - "civil war" that's what's going on now between Russia and Ukraine.

Last edited by erasure; 07-10-2023 at 05:39 PM..

Old 07-10-2023, 05:25 PM
bu2

24,159 posts, read 15,018,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
That pretty much sums it up.
In a nutty conspiracy theorist sort of way. We are insignificant in Syria.

Old 07-10-2023, 05:31 PM

8,188 posts, read 3,746,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
In a nutty conspiracy theorist sort of way. We are insignificant in Syria.
I have to say, I don't know about the Syria's oil issue but in regards to the weapons what's incorrect.

Old 07-10-2023, 05:34 PM

1,192 posts, read 423,815 times
Quote:
Ouch.
Hungry haven't said yes . So just because Turkey said yes doesn't mean that Hungry will say yes as well

Old 07-10-2023, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Priggy's Rebellion shows Putin is weak. His days as Russia's dictator may be numbered and so may be Erdogan's hedging. Interestingly, these developments follow the Erdogan-Zelensky meeting last week.

That's my opinion too.

That's why I think that change of power will proceed in Russia smoothly, with no "revolutions."

Putin will just quietly step down as I've already said before.

That's my impression.

Old 07-10-2023, 06:05 PM

4,963 posts, read 2,742,254 times
Denys update...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmQuZ9AR4jE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies