Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 209 40.04%
No 263 50.38%
Unsure 50 9.58%
Voters: 522. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2022, 01:32 PM

9 posts, read 4,251 times

Advertisements

Regarding Ukraine I think it’s a very sad thing what has been happening in Ukraine in the surrounding area but I can tell you that it goes way beyond the years that the news is reporting it goes all the way back to World War II and even before that but before that let’s just stop there and let’s just deal in the past 10 years!

Ukraine is known as the breadbasket of that side of the world being one that provides a lot of agricultural goods but also they have a lot of petroleum in those things that are under the earth and also they were used by the United States and other countries for laundering money no one likes to talk about those things because it reflects to us here in America!

What lotta folks don’t realize is that there’s a lot of things happening here in America the destroying of our food processing the destroying of beef cattle the destroying of poetry and does it use manufacturing for food products a lot of those things are being destroyed here in America!

The Russians were to protect those folks against those with the neo-Nazi or Nazi type mentality ruthless people and they were in the Ukrainian military and a lot of it’s been covered up by our main stream media which is owned by primarily six major corporations! And of course anytime you own something you can be as biased as you want to be let’s look at Fox News did they not call the election before it was finished in Arizona there’s been a lot of manipulation here in America!

Like did you know that the greatest petroleum reserve or oil where we can harvest it is right here in America and it’s right in the center of America under the Rocky Mountains and that’s surrounding area hard to believe well it’s true geodetic survey’s proves this but did the news people talk about it, no!

Well I speak in generalities but I can get so specific as I used to be a long long time ago and air traffic controller and I thought the school for two solid years working myself up to being a master instructor in on the subject matters of air traffic control I see this just to let you know that the airplanes did not knock down the twin towers at building seven or all the others! We have a lot of TRAITORS here in America it’s hard to say that because I am a veteran of nine solid years with other years like over 30 in the promotion of our national security!

Best to be praying for America we are under hard times now and they cheated on elections besides other things so I leave you with just this Ukraine is in better hands under the guys ship of Russia!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2022, 02:05 PM

5,125 posts, read 2,809,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
LOL! Ukrainians "retreat" or "flee", while Russians "are constantly rotated for rest and replenishment".
What a crock!
Just standard military procedure used by most armed forces, even when advancing. If in a position to do so. Certainly not a crock.

Old 06-18-2022, 02:14 PM

1,737 posts, read 934,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
But looks like Ukrainians do have a chance. We haven't even gotten to the insurgency phase
The insurgency angle is interesting. I do wonder why the Ukrainians behind Russian lines haven't gone the route of insurgency. Could it be the large Russian population in these areas are less hostile to their mother country? Are the Ukrainians just not interested in an insurgency? European nations are not Middle Eastern or South Asian countries in nature, meaning religion is not a high motivational factor in fighting that would convince someone to put it all on the line. Maybe it's just they have faith that the Ukrainian forces will come to the rescue. I'm generally curious.

Old 06-18-2022, 02:17 PM

5,016 posts, read 2,786,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandpaDaddyG View Post
Regarding Ukraine I think it’s a very sad thing what has been happening in Ukraine in the surrounding area but I can tell you that it goes way beyond the years that the news is reporting it goes all the way back to World War II and even before that but before that let’s just stop there and let’s just deal in the past 10 years!

Ukraine is known as the breadbasket of that side of the world being one that provides a lot of agricultural goods but also they have a lot of petroleum in those things that are under the earth and also they were used by the United States and other countries for laundering money no one likes to talk about those things because it reflects to us here in America!

What lotta folks don’t realize is that there’s a lot of things happening here in America the destroying of our food processing the destroying of beef cattle the destroying of poetry and does it use manufacturing for food products a lot of those things are being destroyed here in America!

The Russians were to protect those folks against those with the neo-Nazi or Nazi type mentality ruthless people and they were in the Ukrainian military and a lot of it’s been covered up by our main stream media which is owned by primarily six major corporations! And of course anytime you own something you can be as biased as you want to be let’s look at Fox News did they not call the election before it was finished in Arizona there’s been a lot of manipulation here in America!

Like did you know that the greatest petroleum reserve or oil where we can harvest it is right here in America and it’s right in the center of America under the Rocky Mountains and that’s surrounding area hard to believe well it’s true geodetic survey’s proves this but did the news people talk about it, no!

Well I speak in generalities but I can get so specific as I used to be a long long time ago and air traffic controller and I thought the school for two solid years working myself up to being a master instructor in on the subject matters of air traffic control I see this just to let you know that the airplanes did not knock down the twin towers at building seven or all the others! We have a lot of TRAITORS here in America it’s hard to say that because I am a veteran of nine solid years with other years like over 30 in the promotion of our national security!

Best to be praying for America we are under hard times now and they cheated on elections besides other things so I leave you with just this Ukraine is in better hands under the guys ship of Russia!
gee....thanks for that....nice to meet ya..

Old 06-18-2022, 02:26 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,769,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
The insurgency angle is interesting. I do wonder why the Ukrainians behind Russian lines haven't gone the route of insurgency. Could it be the large Russian population in these areas are less hostile to their mother country? Are the Ukrainians just not interested in an insurgency? European nations are not Middle Eastern or South Asian countries in nature, meaning religion is not a high motivational factor in fighting that would convince someone to put it all on the line. Maybe it's just they have faith that the Ukrainian forces will come to the rescue. I'm generally curious.
The focus is simply on conventional warfare combat right now.

Old 06-18-2022, 02:43 PM

25,860 posts, read 17,633,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandpaDaddyG View Post

What nonsense.
Russia has weaponized fuel in the past and now has weaponized food by holding grain shipments hostage in hopes of getting sanctions lifted. The fact that this move will cause hunger in North Africa is of no interest to them and, in fact, will work to their advantage as it will cause a migratory stampede of refugees into Europe.

Russia is still an axis of evil and must be destroyed economically now while there is a chance.
If Russia is not destroyed now they will gain permanent control of both food and fuel supplies to Europe.
No one with a brain could possibly think that is a good idea.

The Russia Black Sea fleet should be destroyed.

Old 06-18-2022, 03:03 PM

19,276 posts, read 27,986,171 times
Russian Ministry of Defense: four Ukrainian platoons with American M777 howitzers destroyed

Yekaterina Zaytseva

Reuters
The Russian Defense Ministry reported the destruction of four platoons of 155-mm M777 howitzers in the DPR.
The howitzers were destroyed by air-launched missiles in the areas of Lastochkino, Ocheretino, Vodyanoye and Zhelannoye.
Four platoons of multiple launch rocket systems "Grad" were also hit in the areas of Avdiivka, Keramik and Zhelanny.
Russian air defense systems shot down a Ukrainian Su-25 aircraft and a Mi-24 helicopter in the DPR. Eight more drones were shot down in the LPR, Kherson, Kharkov, Zaporozhye regions.

Old 06-18-2022, 03:07 PM

19,276 posts, read 27,986,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
What nonsense.
Russia has weaponized fuel in the past and now has weaponized food by holding grain shipments hostage in hopes of getting sanctions lifted. The fact that this move will cause hunger in North Africa is of no interest to them and, in fact, will work to their advantage as it will cause a migratory stampede of refugees into Europe.

Russia is still an axis of evil and must be destroyed economically now while there is a chance.
If Russia is not destroyed now they will gain permanent control of both food and fuel supplies to Europe.
No one with a brain could possibly think that is a good idea.

The Russia Black Sea fleet should be destroyed.

18 June 2022, 19:38
Former German Chancellor Merkel: Russia did not use gas and Nord Stream 2 as

weapons

Markus Schreiber/AP
Former German Chancellor AngelaMerkel said the Russian Federation did not use gas and the Nord Stream 2 pipeline as a weapon. This is reportedRIA Novosti with reference to RedaktionsNetwerk Deutschland.
“I did not believe in change through trade, but in a connection through trade with the second largest nuclear power in the world,” Merkel said, commenting on the decision to build a gas pipeline.
According to her, such a step was quite difficult, because at that time there was a thesis that the Russian Federation would stop pumping fuel through Ukraine after the launch of Nord Stream 2. As a result, the West achieved the preservation of transit.
Merkel added that at the time of the start of the special military operation of the Russian Federation on the territory of Ukraine, the gas pipeline was not launched.
“In that sense, the gas was not a weapon,” she said.
The ex-Chancellor of Germany added that it was profitable for Germany to purchase pipeline gas from the Russian Federation, and not liquefied natural gas from the Middle East and the United States.
Previously Merkelstatedthat she would be able to mediate in the negotiations between Russia and Ukraine in the future.

Old 06-18-2022, 03:56 PM

9,022 posts, read 11,913,897 times
Why Putin must be removed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57oNZbBI3yw

Old 06-18-2022, 05:04 PM

5,125 posts, read 2,809,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
The Ukrainian insurgency should have been started immediately in areas that have been overrun by Russian forces. This would have helped the Ukrainian regular forces by creating mayhem in Russian held areas, interfering with Russian supply lines, and forcing the Russians to send more forces in there to combat the insurgents, forces that could have been used at the front. It is interesting to note that this hasn't been done yet, perhaps for the reasons listed by Ice Major.

An insurgency after Ukraine is defeated would be less effective since Russian frontline forces would be available to combat that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies