Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 01:43 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I guess racist to say but they are on average smarter, at least higher IQ's than the other people on the planet.
Eh, be careful of testing bias there. (Meaning whom does and does not get tested)

A lot of life is where someone puts their efforts.

In the US you will often be asked what sports your kids are in, we do not have an academic driven culture like you see in many asian countries. My view on this was that during the wealthy years of the US where any slob could get a decent wage we started to skew hard towards sports and entertainment and viewed the smart kids as "nerds".

180 degree different attitude in other countries and cultures.

Now in the US, because we don't like the results of the lack of effort put towards academics, we just call the tests unfair and racist....apparently the asians didn't get the memo about the tests being racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2022, 01:45 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times
Quote:
I guess racist to say but they are on average smarter, at least higher IQ's than the other people on the planet.
Are they? Or is it that their parents are on their butts all the time about studying, homework, and excelling?

Old 04-01-2022, 01:48 PM

3,605 posts, read 1,655,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtPleasantDream View Post
Yeah, among top 15, only 1 is not Asian (well, the name Noah Walsh is not Asian but we don't know)
Any college with a high number of Asians will be a very good college as they have the highest GPA's and test scores.

Old 04-01-2022, 01:48 PM

1,517 posts, read 540,824 times
Asians prioritize education whereas Americans prioritized sports and extra curricular activity.

Old 04-01-2022, 01:52 PM

30,348 posts, read 19,134,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Are they? Or is it that their parents are on their butts all the time about studying, homework, and excelling?
According to IQ tests they are on average more intelligent and I don't think anyone would deny they outwork everyone else when it comes to studying.

I worked for years in Korea, China, and Mongolia and all evidenced an intelligent populace. The South Koreans also outwork everyone else.

Old 04-01-2022, 02:26 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,579,035 times
Yeah, Humans vary a lot, different peoples have different capabilities.

Shivering, investigate MIT and this nightmarish competition,

signed, Concernedliberal.

Old 04-01-2022, 02:30 PM

844 posts, read 551,809 times
Quote:
According to IQ tests they are on average more intelligent and I don't think anyone would deny they outwork everyone else when it comes to studying.

I worked for years in Korea, China, and Mongolia and all evidenced an intelligent populace. The South Koreans also outwork everyone else.
I heard China banned after-class cram schools, partly because the parents pushed their kids too hard and it is bad for the economy on the long run.
South Korea had done the same, but later allowed them again because rich parents would hire private tutors anyway. Banning cram schools only does harm to poor families.

Old 04-01-2022, 02:59 PM

267 posts, read 91,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtPleasantDream View Post
Yeah, among top 15, only 1 is not Asian (well, the name Noah Walsh is not Asian but we don't know)
Diversity is lacking there. That cannot stand. I bet they all have IQs too. That is not fair or equitable.

Old 04-01-2022, 03:59 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:

1) I'd need a source for the IQ tests.

2) Often when abroad you're dealing with the higher end of the spectrum, domestically most 1st generation asian immigrants are heavily represented in STEM fields and are literally the cream off the top of those countries.

3) Yeah, Korea and China are *tough* competitively and you have to work super hard to get ahead.

Old 04-01-2022, 04:13 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,574,730 times
Just like Kenyans will always dominate marathons, Asians will always dominate mathematics.

I'm mostly Irish, and we dominate the, uh, well, uh, give me a minute....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies