Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 10:56 AM

37,121 posts, read 41,309,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
I was exaggerating. Obviously the unvaccinated can get Omicron but from U.K. data it suggests vaccinated catch it at twice the rate. Why that is we can only speculate. But in a bit of karma, the vaccinated seemed to catch it the first week of January at once.

I’m still COVID free. Taking care of your health and proper nutrition is many times more effective than vaccines. And someone has to explain why we inject the antigen past your mucousal membranes stimulating systemic immunity (IgG) when the immunity that counts here is mucousal (IgA).
No, the vaccinated are not being infected at higher rates.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/9191880002/

"'Because of the immune evasive mutations possessed by the omicron variant, those who are fully vaccinated – and even those who are boosted – are still likely to contract COVID-19,' Dr. Amesh Adalja, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, said in an email. 'However, they are not more likely to acquire the infection than someone who is unvaccinated.'"

Perfectly healthy, well nourished people are catching the virus.

Old 02-05-2022, 10:58 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,965,856 times
You are missing the point of being vaccinated. It prevents serious symptoms and hospitalizations and death if you get covid. My son was vaxed and boosted and was in Europe a few weeks ago and caught covid. He only found out he had it when he tested positive at the airport. He had to quarantine and delay returning for three days until he got a negative test result. His symptoms were so mild he didn't even know he had it until he got the positive test result at the airport.

Of course as more people get vaxed then not, the rates of people who get covid will be higher for people who are vaxed. The question is, if/when you do get covid do you want to be very ill or hospitalized, or just quarantined a few days with very mild symptoms.
Quote:
Visit the UK gov website here: https://assets.publishing.service.go...eek-2-2022.pdf

Go to page 43, table 12.

Cases reported by specimen date between week 50 2021 and week 1 2022.

The numbers are reported per 100,000 meaning they're rates, and it does not matter more Brits are now vaccinated vs not.

For 18-29 year olds, the vaccinated have a rate of 8,926.0 (/100,000) infections whereas the unvaccinated have only 4,058.9.
For 30 to 39 year olds, the vaccinated have a rate of 7,618.8 compared to 3,268.8.

And so on, view the table for yourself, it's shock.

They do caution you not to attempt to compute Vaccine Efficacy (which would be negative) with the following disclaimers:

So they try to explain twice the infections of among the vaccinated as they simply test more because they're more health conscious?

Since this is age adjusted, and vaccine rates are high among the age groups provided, point 2 won't make a big difference.

Point 4 is the only valid one, but then, doesn't that show that prior to infection is again far superior to vaccinated immunity? CDC disagrees!

Last edited by bobspez; 02-05-2022 at 11:09 AM..

Old 02-05-2022, 11:15 AM

2,022 posts, read 871,203 times
Quote:
If you end up in the ICU from Omicron you’d end up there from just about any respiratory virus. Omicron is statistically milder than the influenza viruses we get. What you’re seeing is

1)effects of Delta
2)Incidental hospitalizations due to our retarded definition of a hospitalization (anyone with a suspected or + case whose in the hospital even if they’re in the hospital for a broken leg)
I can agree with everything that you said except for your last statement. Incidental hospitalization of covid will not make it to the ICU. You need to educate yourself on what constitutes the level of sickness that would elevate a patient to ICU status, because obviously you don't understand.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:22 PM

2,284 posts, read 638,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
You are missing the point of being vaccinated. It prevents serious symptoms and hospitalizations and death if you get covid. My son was vaxed and boosted and was in Europe a few weeks ago and caught covid. He only found out he had it when he tested positive at the airport. He had to quarantine and delay returning for three days until he got a negative test result. His symptoms were so mild he didn't even know he had it until he got the positive test result at the airport.

Of course as more people get vaxed then not, the rates of people who get covid will be higher for people who are vaxed. The question is, if/when you do get covid do you want to be very ill or hospitalized, or just quarantined a few days with very mild symptoms.
You don't know what a rate is. It doesn't matter how many people are vaccinated, because we're dividing by the population. We're not talking total cases (among the vaccinated).

Old 02-05-2022, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
I can agree with everything that you said except for your last statement. Incidental hospitalization of covid will not make it to the ICU. You need to educate yourself on what constitutes the level of sickness that would elevate a patient to ICU status, because obviously you don't understand.
Yes, they will. Nothing magical happens. If you test + for COVID, and are in the ICU, you will be counted in those figures of ICU beds occupied by COVID patients.

And yes, you're getting surgery, you test + for COVID, complications arise during surgery, wind up in ICU (an example), CDC counts you as a ICU COVID patient. In this case, obviously incidental. What you should be asking yourself is what is the % of incidentals COVID in the ICU. I don't have data, but I know incidental deaths from COVID maybe as high as 50% and way above 50% for those under 12.

That's not to say that no one died of COVID, but that 900,000 figure on CNN etc is just garbage. It's around 50% of that.

Since Omicron infected just about every vaccinated person at once, naturally whoever was going to die that week would be counted as a COVID death. Take it up with the CDC, even the WHO is more stingy with counting COVID deaths.

People wonder why America's death rate is so high? This is it.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:36 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,659,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Our whole unvaxxed family caught it. It was cold/flu like. I know tons of vaccinated people who caught it as well.

I agree people need to look at ivermectin. I didn’t take anything beyond vitamins for it but would have considered ivermectin if I had easy access to it.
It's already been well looked at. I wouldn't have much hope for Ivermectin because a widespread try at using it in Brazil is considered a failure.

Brazil's tragic ivermectin frenzy is a warning to the US, experts say: https://www.businessinsider.com/braz...experts-2021-9

Old 02-05-2022, 12:37 PM

117 posts, read 39,252 times
Quote:

There is literally no way you can prove that not being vaccinated causes greater risk of severe infection. Do you understand why? I am guessing no.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:39 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,965,856 times
Quote:
You don't know what a rate is. It doesn't matter how many people are vaccinated, because we're dividing by the population. We're not talking total cases (among the vaccinated).
Maybe not, but if 100% of the people were vaccinated, then 100% of the new cases would be vaccinated people and zero percent would be unvaccinated people. So you could say vaccinated cases were higher than unvaccinated cases.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerlyinFlorida View Post
There is literally no way you can prove that not being vaccinated causes greater risk of severe infection. Do you understand why? I am guessing no.
Around 20-50% of people are asymptomatic for earlier (and deadlier) strains of COVID19 according to various studies. That was before the vaccines. Supposedly this is why some Democrats go all Karen over masks.

Omicron is just one of the hundreds of hundreds respiratory viruses that cause symptoms of the common cold.

Yes, frail people can die of any virus.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Maybe not, but if 100% of the people were vaccinated, then 100% of the new cases would be vaccinated people and zero percent would be unvaccinated people. So you could say vaccinated cases were higher than unvaccinated cases.
If 100% of the people were vaccinated, we could not calculate rate for the unvaccinated. You realize we would be dividing by 0? Basic math skills?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies