Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 09:55 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,837,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
These shots were not intended to stop transmission. They were intended to reduce severity of the disease.

The key thing here is that the same data you discuss shows that those who have the shot are much less likely to be hospitalized and/or die.

The reality is that we'll all get the virus and it's important we do. You should look up herd immunity. Stop trying to avoid it by hiding in your basement and trusting Facebook.
The shots absolutely were meant to stop transmission. When it turned out they didn’t, the narrative changed.

Old 02-05-2022, 10:00 AM

15,987 posts, read 6,682,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
In my day, vaccine meant stopping transmission, either by preventing infection or attenuating the infection so the person is not as transmissible. This is why we give vaccines to healthy people, and sometimes mandate vaccines.

These vaccines are showing negative efficacy for Omicron. Instead of stopping transmission, they're promoting it. The age tables show the vaccinated have twice the amount of infections as the unvaccinated, when adjusting for population.

There is no severe disease to prevent from Omicron. It's the common cold.
Remember, the first vaccines were designed for the initial COVID-19 variants, and the vaccine did prove effective against those. Omicron is a heavily mutated version, so the conditions have changed. The vaccine companies are working on a variant for Omicron, so we'll see how well that does.

The common cold usually doesn't cause long-term, sometimes debilitating symptoms. This is a different disease.

Old 02-05-2022, 10:02 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,837,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Remember, the first vaccines were designed for the initial COVID-19 variants, and the vaccine did prove effective against those. Omicron is a heavily mutated version, so the conditions have changed. The vaccine companies are working on a variant for Omicron, so we'll see how well that does.
The current vaccine does not work for omicron and the vaccine makers knew that covid mutated rapidly. The idea that we could vaccinate covid away was asinine.

Old 02-05-2022, 10:07 AM

2,284 posts, read 643,032 times
Quote:
These shots were not intended to stop transmission. They were intended to reduce severity of the disease.

The key thing here is that the same data you discuss shows that those who have the shot are much less likely to be hospitalized and/or die.

The reality is that we'll all get the virus and it's important we do. You should look up herd immunity. Stop trying to avoid it by hiding in your basement and trusting Facebook.
Then explain the purpose of mandates Einstein.

Far from reducing transmission they’re promoting it!

Old 02-05-2022, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
The vaccinated unknowingly fell for the instant gratification propaganda. I say unknowingly, because most people couldn't tell you what "blunted CD4 T cell response" is, let alone what it can mean in a year.

Now here we are less a year after the vaccines were even available to the general public & many have had 3, some even 4 doses. Their vaccines gave them a false sense of security to "enjoy" 2021. But they kept catching it & spreading it & the virus mutated & a year later ... it's still here. With a vengeance; it's still here.

And now millions won't have the CD4 T cells to fight ... anything.
And now millions have turned off that "thingy" in their cells (called DNA damage repair) that stops tumors from forming.
And millions are experiencing atypical microglia activation in their brains, leading to Schizophrenia Major Depression & Alzheimer's.
And yes, ADE is rearing it's ugly head.

But they just go marching on, chanting "The vaccine is safe & effective!", like the children of Hamelin, following the Pied Piper away.
I’ve seen data where when adjusted for age and comorbidities, hospitalization is higher among the vaccinated than unvaccinated for Omicron. However this is a weak signal partly because the Omicron barely hospitalizes anyone.

Old 02-05-2022, 10:24 AM

43,637 posts, read 18,696,973 times
SC's latest hospital report (12/15-1/15) shows 53% of those hospitalized are vaccinated.

https://scdhec.gov/covid19/covid-19-...lly-vaccinated

Old 02-05-2022, 10:36 AM

2,039 posts, read 898,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
Why? The unvaccinated are not catching Omicron. I’m unvaccinated my partner is vaccinated. She caught Omicron 1 week after New Years. Me nothing. Maybe the vaccinated need to look at Ivermectin because all you guys are getting sick at once.
That's ridiculous. The problem with covid is that they don't know why someone contracts covid and someone else does not. I went to a family Christmas party with 20 attending. Four family members got it. Some vaxed, some not. The vaxed that caught covid were not boosted. I was vaxed boosted and had on a mask. I was lucky, did not get it. The rest in attendance, some vaxed, some not, did not get covid...go figure?

Old 02-05-2022, 10:37 AM

37,300 posts, read 41,549,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
SC's latest hospital report (12/15-1/15) shows 53% of those hospitalized are vaccinated.

https://scdhec.gov/covid19/covid-19-...lly-vaccinated
How much of the population is vaccinated. If it is more than 53% the vaccinated are under represented compared to the unvaccinated.

Old 02-05-2022, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Our whole unvaxxed family caught it. It was cold/flu like. I know tons of vaccinated people who caught it as well.

I agree people need to look at ivermectin. I didn’t take anything beyond vitamins for it but would have considered ivermectin if I had easy access to it.
I was exaggerating. Obviously the unvaccinated can get Omicron but from U.K. data it suggests vaccinated catch it at twice the rate. Why that is we can only speculate. But in a bit of karma, the vaccinated seemed to catch it the first week of January at once.

I’m still COVID free. Taking care of your health and proper nutrition is many times more effective than vaccines. And someone has to explain why we inject the antigen past your mucousal membranes stimulating systemic immunity (IgG) when the immunity that counts here is mucousal (IgA).

Old 02-05-2022, 10:43 AM

43,637 posts, read 18,696,973 times
Quote:

Yes they were. Go back and read the initial announcements from big Pharma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies