Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 01:58 PM

29,819 posts, read 24,891,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I used to believe that. But the salivating glee at being able to pounce on bad news because your guy isn't at the controls is telling. As is the rewriting of the narrative when it doesn't fit your purpose.

Actually, I just want the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 02:04 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,928,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Liberals have been rejoicing over employment "estimates" for January.

However, the ADP jobs data, which measures actual jobs lost and gained from payroll data (REAL EMPLOYMENT NUMBERS) SHOWS A LOSS OF 310,000 JOBS!

The democrats are pulling out the stops trying to present more fake data in a failing attempt to salvage the disaster that is the Biden "presidency".

Look for more liberal desperation and fake numbers as the midterms approach. However, people living in the real world know what is going on, despite democrat lies. The dems can try to spin anything they want, but when families are suffering from higher inflation, higher gas prices, and product shortages, they believe their own eyes, not a lying fed report.
So now suddenly you believe ADP and not BLS?

Old 02-05-2022, 02:22 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
We didn't have Psaki drawing attention to the job numbers at that time. People were paying much closer attention to this last number because she warned everyone the numbers were going to be concerning.... And the ADP numbers were ugly. But the BLS literally changed the way they arrive at these numbers, so we got exactly the opposite of what was expected.

I don't get into the job number reports, so it's not something I consider myself an expert at. But I do trust Mish on these kinds of things, since he is not a partisan hack. He is always willing to give Biden credit when credit is due.

https://mishtalk.com/economics/bls-j...-total-garbage

Most of us want to see the nation succeed, and for real. Not fake prosperity printed by the government, or digitized prosperity, since that crap won't keep my belly full or stave off hunger pangs. That crap never works and never will, without totally and completely brainwashing 80% of the population and plundering the globe like modern day villains and ghouls.

Do it the right way. Get all the bums off the street. Get people working and producing, so we can be a nation of plenty again. Today, what we are doing is baffling the world with BS since we can't dazzle them with brilliance.

BLS has made population adjustments since the reports have been coming out. This happened when Trump was President, when Obama was President, when Bush was President, and so on... This is nothing new. Last month when the ADP #'s were far better than the BLS's #'s you didn't see all this clamoring about the ADP #'s. Why do you think that is?

Old 02-05-2022, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
BLS has made population adjustments since the reports have been coming out. This happened when Trump was President, when Obama was President, when Bush was President, and so on... This is nothing new. Last month when the ADP #'s were far better than the BLS's #'s you didn't see all this clamoring about the ADP #'s. Why do you think that is?

The negative ADP number came as a shock to many people. Before that, Psaki alerted everyone that the job report numbers were going to be funky. That's why so many people, including me, were paying attention to this most recent jobs report. It was much talked about and anticipated.

Everyone expected the BLS report to be ugly, and then it wasn't. Naturally, people wanted an explanation as to why that was. There is nothing wrong with asking questions. It doesn't mean you are rooting against Biden or America. A lot of people on Wallstreet that have no interest in politics take in interest in this kind of stuff. They too were curious and surprised. Not disappointed.

Old 02-05-2022, 02:51 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Quote:
The negative ADP number came as a shock to many people. Before that, Psaki alerted everyone that the job report numbers were going to be funky. That's why so many people, including me, were paying attention to this most recent jobs report. It was much talked about and anticipated.

Everyone expected the BLS report to be ugly, and then it wasn't. Naturally, people wanted an explanation as to why that was. There is nothing wrong with asking questions. It doesn't mean you are rooting against Biden or America. A lot of people on Wallstreet that have no interest in politics take in interest in this kind of stuff. They too were curious and surprised. Not disappointed.
Again these questions were not being asked last month when the ADP #'s were far better than the BLS #'s. Not to mention a difference exists between asking a question and making allegations that the #'s are somehow fake and manipulated. Someone who simply asked a question would then easily see how these #'s often do not line up. In some cases the BLS #'s are better, in other cases the ADP's #'s are better. This happens across the board regardless of who is President.

Old 02-05-2022, 03:10 PM

21,830 posts, read 25,114,712 times
Quote:
Actually, I just want the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
Trump lost.

Old 02-05-2022, 06:02 PM

30,059 posts, read 18,656,690 times
Quote:

It's obvious why the ADP numbers are so far off from the DOL numbers-

ADP numbers are ACTUAL JOBS MEASURED and not subject to as much manipulation as the DOL numbers.

It is a cynical and desperate attempt to salvage Biden's dying presidency and his sagging economy. However, trying to "convince" people that things are going great when they are down on their knees from rising inflation, rising energy costs, and product shortages does not fool anyone.

The democrats assume that the citizens are a bunch of idiots and will believe some BS government report, rather than their own eyes.

Old 02-05-2022, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It's obvious why the ADP numbers are so far off from the DOL numbers-

ADP numbers are ACTUAL JOBS MEASURED and not subject to as much manipulation as the DOL numbers.

It is a cynical and desperate attempt to salvage Biden's dying presidency and his sagging economy. However, trying to "convince" people that things are going great when they are down on their knees from rising inflation, rising energy costs, and product shortages does not fool anyone.

The democrats assume that the citizens are a bunch of idiots and will believe some BS government report, rather than their own eyes.

We have democrats claiming there are huge mobs of people breaking into stores at night to steal bread to feed their families. Yes, that is their excuse. Now, I'm not going to argue with them about that, but I will ask... If things are so great, why are people resorting to stealing a loaf of bread, as AOC put it... They (democrats) can't have it both ways. Either things are great, or they are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Again these questions were not being asked last month when the ADP #'s were far better than the BLS #'s. Not to mention a difference exists between asking a question and making allegations that the #'s are somehow fake and manipulated. Someone who simply asked a question would then easily see how these #'s often do not line up. In some cases the BLS #'s are better, in other cases the ADP's #'s are better. This happens across the board regardless of who is President.

I've already explained it. They weren't asked because nobody cared at the time. They were ordinary job reports and nobody had any reason to pay attention.

This time, everyone was paying attention because Psaki told them this was going to be a very unusual report, and the ADP number was negative. As I've already explained, these reasons are why so many more people were paying attention this time. And they were caught off guard by the sudden positive number from the BLS, after a negative number from the ADP. When you have a negative job number report, people IMMEDIATELY start paying attention.

Old 02-05-2022, 11:57 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Quote:
But there is no doubt that the numbers can be manipulated and tweaked to serve political objectives. China does it all the time, and China Joe is in office, so put two and two together and what do you get.
A big fat fallacy in logic?

Old 02-06-2022, 12:48 AM

1,014 posts, read 479,166 times
And Joe Biden's plan for a stimulus or unemployment is....? I'm wondering what will Joe Biden do to alleviate the economic affects from the unemployment compensation being made from the job loss? What do you think he'll do? He could go to China and relax and visit the Olympics. That may help kill some time before they ask him how to fill in the missing paycheck for all the unemployed workers. I'll bet you that's it. He'll take a vacation first, then get to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies