Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2021, 11:59 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,761,650 times

Advertisements

It's really only karma if you rail against the vax, push fake information, twist facts about the vaccine, and convince otherwise gullible people who can't do their own research that the vaccine is dangerous. Then, if you get COVID and die, it's probably "karma" (which I don't believe in) because you've most likely harmed way more people than yourself.

Old 12-25-2021, 12:03 PM

8,451 posts, read 4,651,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
It's really only karma if you rail against the vax, push fake information, twist facts about the vaccine, and convince otherwise gullible people who can't do their own research that the vaccine is dangerous. Then, if you get COVID and die, it's probably "karma" (which I don't believe in) because you've most likely harmed way more people than yourself.

Get rid of the mandate and you can flap your gums all you want about twisting this or that. Making it required gives your side teeth and our side no choice. See the problem?

Last edited by clutchcargo777; 12-25-2021 at 01:21 PM..

Old 12-25-2021, 12:10 PM

15,785 posts, read 9,685,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Can't he karma because no one has said being vaxxed means yu won't catch Covid. It means it is way less likely you end up dying in an R somewhere hooked up to a ventilator unable to say goodbye to your loved ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Our president did. Why do you folks keep forgetting that?
Do you have a link to that?

Old 12-25-2021, 12:28 PM
Status: "Democracies tend to decline into despotism. (Aristotle)" (set 7 days ago)

16,227 posts, read 11,452,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
is it karma if a person gets terminal cancer, limb loss and heart attacks due to diabetes, or other health crushing diseases because of their choices to eat themselves to obesity? over a third of americans are obese or morbidly obese.

some seem to relish a future where government controls citizens' personal health choices. be careful what you wish for.....
I had a relative -- a well-educated and engaging man. He was a strict (ovo-lacto, non-Vegan) vegetarian, took a truckload of supplements every day. He was to live to the age of a few days short of 92, but developed diverticulitis, and ended up living on vtiamin pills and mashed root vegetables.

Only he could say if it was worth the effort.

Old 12-25-2021, 01:06 PM

21,034 posts, read 9,783,905 times
New Hampshire: A COVID surge fueled by the unvaccinated is overwhelming this New Hampshire hospital
Indiana: Yes, most patients hospitalized because of COVID-19 are unvaccinated
North Carolina: 100% of Duke Health patients in ICU or on life-saving treatment are unvaccinated, hospital cases rising
England: Covid patients in ICU now almost all unvaccinated, says Oxford scientist
Chicago: Chicago Hospitals Struggle With Staffing, Beds As Omicron Surge Hits, With Majority Of Cases Among Unvaccinated
Connecticut: YNHH hospitalized COVID-19 patients double, 90 percent unvaccinated
Indiana again: Experts: “People who are unvaccinated are 11 times more likely to die from COVID than those who are vaccinated”
From that last article:
Quote:
As of Tuesday December 21, there are currently 70 COVID-19 inpatients at Eskenazi hospitals. Of those admitted, roughly 25-30 patients are in the ICU on ventilators and roughly 95% are unvaccinated.
But go ahead and continue believing conspiracy theories if it makes you happy. Enjoy.

Old 12-25-2021, 01:10 PM

117 posts, read 39,769 times
You don't get COVID. You take a very sensitive that is positive if you have a bit of a runny nose, and that is all. COVID is just a blanket term for a wide variety of respiratory illnesses and not a unique illness.

Old 12-25-2021, 01:16 PM

15,785 posts, read 9,685,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerlyinFlorida View Post
You don't get COVID. You take a very sensitive that is positive if you have a bit of a runny nose, and that is all. COVID is just a blanket term for a wide variety of respiratory illnesses and not a unique illness.
Wow. You are seriously misinformed!

Old 12-25-2021, 01:20 PM

26,524 posts, read 19,406,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
Is it Karma if you get Covid and not vaccinated?
No, It's me getting a disease. I've had some over the years. I understand that it is part of life. In this case, the danger is miniscule in comparison to other much more deadly diseases that I am much more likely to get. I make mountains out of mountains, not out of molehills.

Old 12-25-2021, 01:24 PM

22,618 posts, read 12,219,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
is it karma if a person gets terminal cancer, limb loss and heart attacks due to diabetes, or other health crushing diseases because of their choices to eat themselves to obesity? over a third of americans are obese or morbidly obese.

some seem to relish a future where government controls citizens' personal health choices. be careful what you wish for.....
You do realize that those ailments happen to thin people, also. You also know that there are overweight people who don't have serious health woes.

Old 12-25-2021, 01:28 PM

8,451 posts, read 4,651,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Do you have a link to that?

You've got to be kidding me. I could link you to the entire internet or google but I'll give you one.

Biden flubs answer on foreign policy work, falsely says you WON'T get COVID if you have the shot | Daily Mail Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.