Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2021, 08:43 AM

1,819 posts, read 938,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
I bet your Dr told you that prior to Omicron, which seems to reinfect at a higher rate.

Your symptoms do match Omicron, which only 1/2 the people end up getting a fever but sore throat, stuffy/runny nose, headache, body aches and fatigue are the more common Omicrom variant symptoms. Some have a cough and some don't with Omicron.

The good news is Omicron seems to be less severe that prior variants but this doesn't mean it's this way for everyone. Hoping that your antibodies from prior Covid will also make it less severe (if you have Covid now).

There are now 2 new prescription pills approved for Covid. If you test positive you can contact your doctor about getting an Rx for those pills if you are concerned about it getting worse.

Sending positive thoughts that it's not Covid. Or if it is Covid, that it's mild and you get better quickly and that you didn't infect family members that are elderly and/or with comorbidities that are unvax'd or unboosted.

You should contact your relatives that you saw yesterday to tell them of your condition so they take precautions immediately(isolate, mask, test).

Contact your doctor for any needed guidance.
Omicron isn’t anything more then getting a seasonal cold. A little cough, a couple of sniffles. 3 days and it’s over. Quit sucking up the fear.

Old 12-25-2021, 08:55 AM

585 posts, read 503,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
Omicron isn’t anything more then getting a seasonal cold. A little cough, a couple of sniffles. 3 days and it’s over. Quit sucking up the fear.
But I have a temp. Funny my throat and nose feel a little better but my body aches. My pulse is elevated.

Old 12-25-2021, 08:58 AM

46,141 posts, read 27,827,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I’m not anti vax but I had Covid a year ago in Nov and decided I didn’t want the vaccine yet. I’m just nervous to get it because several people I know had ailments that were exasperated after the second shot and or the booster. I’ve known many people to have Covid and feel pretty miserable even after being vaccinated and having a booster. My one friend got it at a wedding as did many others. It was a vaccinated only event. She recently had the booster and has Covid again. Last night I went to relatives house for Christmas Eve. On the way home my throat all of a sudden started to hurt. Like it felt swollen when I swallowed. I was hoping it was a false alarm like it usually is when I feel like I’m coming down with something. Went to bed around 10 and around 12 woke up feeling achy, throat hurting and nose completely stuffed up. Took Tylenol which took and hour to kick in. Usually only takes a half hour but I’ll chalk that up to all the crap I ate last night. Was crying and my husband seemed annoyed. Feel back asleep a few times but kept waking up gasping for air since my nose was blocked and mouth so dry. It’s been 7 hours since I took Tylenol and my throat is better but I’m still achy and stuffed up. I sound like I have a frog in my throat when I talk. Afraid to take my temp. I just don’t want to know. I feel so guilty now. I could have infected many people. I didn’t test yet for Covid but what else could it be? I had antibodies as of a few months ago but I just can’t imagine it being a cold or flu or another virus. My husband co worker was diagnosed with Covid a week ago but he works in a different office and only comes in once a day. My dr even said the chances of getting it twice are rare.

When I had Covid a year ago I didn’t get a cough and my taste and smell was only altered from my nose being stuffed up (like it is now) but the 99-101 temp lasted 11 days. And I got exhausted just doing normal things like showering or laundry. Exercising took about a month to feel like I was back to normal. I can’t go through that again. If I make it that is. I’m 47 and have some comorbitities.
Sounds like the flu you had for last year.

The flu got lumped in with COVID to enhance the numbers.

The PCR test can't tell the difference between the flu and COVID. One week remaining for the PCR until the recall is in effect.

Follow your instincts with regards to the vaccine.

Right now, the COVID zombies (those who are vaccinated and are spreading the latest COVID around) are infecting everybody right now.

My quick suggestion is to drink a bottle of water (all at once like you are taking medicine) every couple of hours for at least 4 or 5 applications and try to flush out whatever you got. I did it back in August when I had lung tightness and felt it creeping up into my throat - but I never got totally sick - never tested positive. I did the water thing for at least two weeks consistently when I felt I needed it, and do it lightly when I am feeling OK.

Vitamin D deficiency is also a big deal - at least do Vitamin D and K supplements if you aren't already. It may or may not work, but it won't hurt you.

Old 12-25-2021, 09:01 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,859,250 times
While the vaccine won't keep you from getting Covid, it's known to make it treatable and help with recovery.

Old 12-25-2021, 09:15 AM

2,367 posts, read 923,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Yes, it is Karma, in the original meaning of that term (see here):

https://ideapod.com/heres-great-expl...-improve-life/
This article explained it pretty badly.

Old 12-25-2021, 09:20 AM

37,312 posts, read 41,830,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Sounds like the flu you had for last year.

The flu got lumped in with COVID to enhance the numbers.

The PCR test can't tell the difference between the flu and COVID. One week remaining for the PCR until the recall is in effect.

Follow your instincts with regards to the vaccine.

Right now, the COVID zombies (those who are vaccinated and are spreading the latest COVID around) are infecting everybody right now.

My quick suggestion is to drink a bottle of water (all at once like you are taking medicine) every couple of hours for at least 4 or 5 applications and try to flush out whatever you got. I did it back in August when I had lung tightness and felt it creeping up into my throat - but I never got totally sick - never tested positive. I did the water thing for at least two weeks consistently when I felt I needed it, and do it lightly when I am feeling OK.

Vitamin D deficiency is also a big deal - at least do Vitamin D and K supplements if you aren't already. It may or may not work, but it won't hurt you.
No, flu did not get "lumped in" with covid. They are two entirely different viruses and there are tests for both of them.

Old 12-25-2021, 09:27 AM

19,324 posts, read 28,040,883 times
Well, listen to what your prophets tell you:

https://newtube.app/user/Fragalicious/fHSzU5g

Old 12-25-2021, 09:28 AM

19,324 posts, read 28,040,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No, flu did not get "lumped in" with covid. They are two entirely different viruses and there are tests for both of them.

And there is literally no flu cases diagnosed.
And how so? Hmmm....
Oh, I know, I know! Because hospitals and doctors are incentivized for treating a COVID patient - but not a flu patient? And, symptoms are so temptingly identical? And, you are encouraged to write off any patient with such symptoms as COVID? And, there is NO commonly used COVID specific test? As PCR is for ALL of viruses in that group and that is fact from PCR test developer himself.

Old 12-25-2021, 09:31 AM

18,024 posts, read 14,033,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
Your natural immunity is far stronger then this faux vaccine. Get out and start exercising and living life.
Johns Hopkins says different...

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...u-need-to-know

Here are recent research studies that support getting vaccinated even if you have already had COVID-19:

Vaccines add protection.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released a report on Oct. 29, 2021, that says getting vaccinated for the coronavirus when you’ve already had COVID-19 significantly enhances your immune protection and further reduces your risk of reinfection.
A study published in August 2021 indicates that if you had COVID-19 before and are not vaccinated, your risk of getting re-infected is more than two times higher than for those who got vaccinated after having COVID-19.
Another study published on Nov. 5, 2021, by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) looked at adults hospitalized for COVID-like sickness between January and September 2021. This study found that the chances of these adults testing positive for COVID-19 were 5.49 times higher in unvaccinated people who had COVID-19 in the past than they were for those who had been vaccinated for COVID and had not had an infection before.
A study from the CDC in September 2021 showed that roughly one-third of those with COVID-19 cases in the study had no apparent natural immunity.

I know that you will claim that the CDC is providing "faux" research results... but would be interesting if you could provide links that dispute this being that you made the opposite claim in your post.

Old 12-25-2021, 09:33 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,965,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't believe in Karma, God's plan, etc....fate.

I believe in a chaotic life where stuff happens to people. Some of us dodge some bullets, others aren't so lucky.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies