Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 04:08 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,517,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
But anyone will edit YOU, this making the information ACCURATE.

Did you try to edit last paragraph here?

It is ACCURATE...go for it and try to edit...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivermectin

I already told you this, but you didn't want to hear it. Then you'd have to turn your reality denial t-shirt back in... :

'Nobody should trust Wikipedia,' its co-founder warns: Larry Sanger says site has been taken over by left-wing 'volunteers' who write off sources that don't fit their agenda as fake news

Quote:
Wikipedia can no longer be trusted as a source of unbiased information since the online encyclopedia's left-leaning volunteers cut out any news that doesn't fit their agenda, according to the site’s co-founder.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ger-warns.html

Nobody should trust Wikipedia, says man who invented Wikipedia

Quote:
Larry Sanger, the man who co-founded Wikipedia, has cautioned that the website can’t always be trusted to give people the truth.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1885138.html

Wikipedia Founder Warns Not to Trust It

Quote:
The first thing you hear from your professor after you go off to college is that never reference anything from Wikipedia. Why is that? Isn’t Wikipedia supposed to be an open source for reliable information? Well, it used to be. Now, as a platform where anyone can write anything about anything, you can’t really trust what’s written on there. The situation is so bad that even the guy who made Wikipedia says that you shouldn’t trust the site.
https://wonderfulengineering.com/wik...t-to-trust-it/

Wikipedia co-founder says site is now ‘propaganda’ for left-leaning ‘establishment’

Quote:
Sanger told UnHerd’s Lockdown TV Wednesday that he started the “encyclopedia of opinion” in 2001 purely on the basis it would offer true neutrality and offer “multiple points of view” on “hot button issues.”

Now, he insisted, conservative voices are “sternly warned if not kicked out” if they try to add a different take on establishment views — which Sanger deemed “propaganda.”
https://nypost.com/2021/07/16/wikipe...establishment/

Wikipedia Co-founder I- No Longer Trust The Website I Created

Quote:
This battle of ideas on Wikipedia’s platform formed a crucial part of the encyclopaedia’s commitment to neutrality, which according to Sanger, was abandoned after 2009. In the years since, on issues ranging from Covid to Joe Biden, it has become increasingly partisan, primarily espousing an establishment viewpoint that increasingly represents “propaganda”. This, says Sanger, is why he left the site in 2007, describing it as “broken beyond repair”.
https://unherd.com/thepost/wikipedia...ite-i-created/

Wikipedia is not trustworthy says its Co-Founder Larry Sanger

Quote:
The Co-Founder of Wikipedia, Larry Sanger in a July 2021 interview with LockdownTV claimed that Wikipedia is not trustworthy and is being used to push propaganda. And also claims that Wikipedia’s information on Joe Biden and the Biden-Ukraine conspiracy theory are such examples.

https://craffic.co.in/wikipedia-is-n...-larry-sanger/

Co-founder warns not to trust Wikipedia; says leftists have taken over, cites blatant Biden entry

Quote:
Larry Sanger, who is the co-founder of Wikipedia, is ringing alarm bells warning that the information source has been taken over by leftists who are eradicating any news that doesn’t fit their political agenda and that it can no longer be trusted.

He founded the site in 2001 along with Jimmy Wales and now claims that the project has betrayed its original mission. Sanger says it now reflects the views of the “establishment.” He noted that “teams of Democratic-leaning volunteers” are removing content that does not align with progressive ideals and cited the entries of President Biden and his son, Hunter Biden.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/07...entry-1104431/

Wikipedia Is Badly Biased

Quote:
Wikipedia can be counted on to cover not just political figures, but political issues as well from a liberal-left point of view.

https://larrysanger.org/2020/05/wiki...-badly-biased/

Founder of Wikipedia says ‘don’t trust Wikipedia’

Quote:
When asked whether Wikipedia can be trusted, Sanger told the news website Unherd.com: “You can trust it to give a reliable establishment point of view on pretty much everything”.
https://mainland.press/2021/07/19/fo...ust-wikipedia/

Last edited by MisterShipWreck; 08-22-2021 at 04:20 PM..

Old 08-22-2021, 04:11 PM

46,317 posts, read 27,139,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
I have still had no luck finding any print or video of any fox news host telling people to take this drug, as the OP claimed, many posters parroted, and some links to MSM have claimed (without evidence)

lets assume my browser it faulty and the maytag repairman will get to it tomorrow. Can someone point me to the claimed link?
From this OP and those that follow him/her? Don't expect anyhting different.

Old 08-22-2021, 04:18 PM

15,856 posts, read 6,561,252 times
Well, if somebody doesn't believe in the scientific process or the medical community, perhaps they are in need of de-worming?

<kidding/>

Old 08-22-2021, 04:21 PM

25,798 posts, read 18,848,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You are Not a Cow or a Horse! FDA Begs Viewers Not to Take Cow Dewormer (Ivermectin) Pushed by Fox News to Prevent COVID
Actually, after considering your post further, I've concluded that you are both a bovinophobe AND an equinophobe.

And beings that I identify as a cow, well actually a bull, I guess... I'm extremely offended. You cannot sit there and tell me that I'm not a bull. How is that being inclusive? I AM a bull. I've had the injections and all. Hmmmm, I hope they didn't give me cow injections by mistake.

And what about those people who have become horses? What are you going to say to them? That they aren't horses?

Old 08-22-2021, 04:21 PM

46,317 posts, read 27,139,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post

<kidding/>
Did you really mean this, or just add it to help you look better?

Old 08-22-2021, 04:24 PM

43,156 posts, read 18,318,340 times
Quote:
Let me get this straight, we have a vaccine that has proven to work.

But no..... don't get the vaccine. Get this animal dewormer, it'll prevent Covid. Humans and animals both take it so it must work!

The vaccine is waning. Vaccinated people are getting covid and some are hospitalized.

8 months out in the public is hardly "proven to work".

Old 08-22-2021, 04:30 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,625,370 times
Quote:
Seriously??!! Some of y'all think you can eat horse dewarmer to prevent Covid??!! Fox News viewers are like my untrained puppy - every time you turn around they're doing something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Well, let's see... animals are given the same antibiotics we are given for certain diseases and infections. Are you willing to forgo those antibiotics the next time you are injured and infection sets in? Are you willing to let it go gangrenous and have your leg amputated to champion your political principles? You leftists are definitely showing classic signs of cult behavior.
To quote a certain poster... every time we turn around, little bebop is doing something stupid.

Remind me again, who said that recently?

Old 08-22-2021, 06:27 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,242,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Studies show that the vaccine is not beneficial to covid survivors. So which is it?

Also, India is suing the WHO for "disinformation" regarding Ivermectin. Many could have been saved if they had used it earlier.
Covid survivors are still advised to take the vaccine because it helps. See Trump if you're confused.

Your bolded statement is not backed by science.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Your post/thread should be deleted. You are encouraging people to ignore a medicine with no major side effects and has been around for decades. You are ignoring that there is a human compatible formulation. And meanwhile you are bullying people into taking an experimental “vaccine” that has many documented severe side effects and is not very effective.

You are not a doctor. Quit messing with people’s lives for the sake of politics.

OMG. I love this post.
The vaccine is literally the only thing we know that is effective. All other things are speculative.

If you are trying to make a point, at least be factual. If you say the vaccine has side effects and you don't like risking it, no one will have a problem with that statement. But you said the vaccine is not effective, which is ridiculous.

Also, the Phil Valentine guy who just died of Covid, boasted that he was taking Ivermectin to prevent Covid. He listened to quack scientists and paid for it with his life. This is not fun and games, people.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetGlideSpecial View Post
Someone allowed you to take care of a puppy?
I babysit my Republican relatives sometimes.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies