Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 03:39 AM

2,911 posts, read 1,262,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Perhaps because I’m a fairly smug and secure individual, and I expect my countrymen to act accordingly.

If Americans really believe that the United States “is the best,” there should be no need to reaffirm that notion to oneself while being inside of these borders. I mean, what’s the point? No one cares if Americans think that the United States is the best, and you’re certainly not convincing anyone outside of this country of our greatness by chanting a bunch of jingoistic slogans. Makes you look like you’re not so sure when you’re constantly feeling the need to reaffirm your own greatness to yourself. It’s cartoonish.

Oh well. Prepare for a funeral then. Because I’d do it all over again the exact same vote.
So when the Field House International Ice Rink in Lake Placid, New York burst into roaring chants of U-S-A, U-S-A back in 1980 as the US Hockey team defeated the dreaded CCCP. that was 'cartoonish?' How about when everyone spilled into the streets and that chant could be heard all over Lake Placid deep into the night? Still 'cartoonish?'

Let's face it. Like most left Democrats you hate this country and would like to turn it into something it was never intended to be. Try as you might it will not happen. The people you saw and heard in the video showing President Trump's entrance outnumber you and will continue to outnumber you. Despite the best illicit attempts of the dirty Democrat Party the true voice of America will be heard and will not be silenced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2021, 08:32 AM

15,153 posts, read 11,689,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
They're obviously not very bright - for multiple reasons.
Wow...pot meet kettle.

Subtle is not your strong suit.

Old 07-12-2021, 11:24 AM

21,422 posts, read 7,533,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Because Trump stands for and defends America and it's ideals. ...
Helsinki.

Old 07-12-2021, 02:24 PM

42,121 posts, read 75,720,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Absolutlely. Dems hate their country and they hate Trump because Trump loves the country.
LMAO. This must be the Trump apologists' safe place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Trump Always Loved America.
Trump always loved Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Like most left Democrats you hate this country and would like to turn it into something it was never intended to be. Try as you might it will not happen. The people you saw and heard in the video showing President Trump's entrance outnumber you and will continue to outnumber you. Despite the best illicit attempts of the dirty Democrat Party the true voice of America will be heard and will not be silenced.
Wow, you Trump apologists have some vivid fantasies, I'll say that for ya.

Old 07-13-2021, 01:27 AM

2,911 posts, read 1,262,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Wow...pot meet kettle.

Subtle is not your strong suit.
Nor is accuracy.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:31 AM

15,953 posts, read 12,407,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I watched the fights on and off and never heard any mention of Trump. I missed his entrance too.

This is one reason I don't take any of these progressives seriously. Their self proclaimed moral and intellectual superiority and how they look down on the half the population who voted for him.

Old 07-13-2021, 05:51 AM

33,744 posts, read 12,898,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Man F...orget this Guy and his Brain washed Followers Too.
He's going to be reinstated on August 13 lolololololo
He's going to win 2024 ROFLROFL
Please Note we are Laughing at you.
Oh and I have at least 10 Republican buddies that have all stated in private that they would never vote for him again after getting Americans killed on Jan 6th
So you can you Trumpsters Please take that Crap back over to Parler, Thanks?
It shouldn’t have taken that to make them come to that realization.

What justification did they give for supporting him before that ?

Old 07-13-2021, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Perhaps because I’m a fairly smug and secure individual, and I expect my countrymen to act accordingly.

If Americans really believe that the United States “is the best,” there should be no need to reaffirm that notion to oneself while being inside of these borders. I mean, what’s the point? No one cares if Americans think that the United States is the best, and you’re certainly not convincing anyone outside of this country of our greatness by chanting a bunch of jingoistic slogans. Makes you look like you’re not so sure when you’re constantly feeling the need to reaffirm your own greatness to yourself. It’s cartoonish.

Oh well. Prepare for a funeral then. Because I’d do it all over again the exact same vote.
^^^^^

Yep .

And Trumpers reaffirm their insecurity with their arms flailing, red in the face posts every day here on CD.

Old 07-13-2021, 06:55 AM

Quote:
So when the Field House International Ice Rink in Lake Placid, New York burst into roaring chants of U-S-A, U-S-A back in 1980 as the US Hockey team defeated the dreaded CCCP. that was 'cartoonish?' How about when everyone spilled into the streets and that chant could be heard all over Lake Placid deep into the night? Still 'cartoonish?'

Let's face it. Like most left Democrats you hate this country and would like to turn it into something it was never intended to be. Try as you might it will not happen. The people you saw and heard in the video showing President Trump's entrance outnumber you and will continue to outnumber you. Despite the best illicit attempts of the dirty Democrat Party the true voice of America will be heard and will not be silenced.
^^^^^ Wrong.

People have different views re what they think makes the country great, and criticizing the country for falling short/not being the best it can be re the critics personal opinion of what is great isn’t unpatriotic.

My previous sentence and patriotism are two separate issues.

Two fellow Americans I know provide a decent example of this.

These two men disagree about just about everything society wise and politically, except about serving in the military. Both did so.

And they are in just about complete agreement re family and work. Same great attitude and love re their wives. Same great attitude, love, re raising their kids (long grown in both cases) with love and discipline. Same dedication to their professions. And these men had respect and love for each other, despite their differences on issues and re some institutions.

The one who leans left is a lot like how DD comes across in his posts. The rightward one was (he passed away right before Trump declared his candidacy in 2015) more conservative than you ever hope to be, and patriotism, to him, wasn’t defined by jingoistic flailing. He was a lifelong Republican, but I think he would have sat out both the 2016 and 2020 elections. He would have despised Trump as a candidate, both for his cowardly attitude about military service, and his overall amorality and lack of character.

I agree with DD completely about Trump, but not about Biden. I’m not a Democrat (nor a Republican), I would never vote for Biden, and I disagree with DD on other things. But I would never question DD’s patriotism (patriotism and being sincerely critical of the country/wanting the country to be the best it can be as defined by the critic can co-exist, except in the mind of someone who is stuck…in this example in jingoism), and I, at this point, perpetually question Trump’s patriotism.

Old 07-13-2021, 12:35 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,391,120 times
Quote:

We were playing a sport against a foreign foe. Don’t be silly.

At this particular Trump appearance, were we playing a sport against the Soviets?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies