Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 06:53 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,365,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Can you give me an example?

Trump wants his name to go down in the history books. He truly wanted to be the greatest president of all time. Which is why he constantly attempted to make parallels between himself and Ronald Reagan, Abraham Lincoln, etc. The most devastating thing that ever happened in his entire life was losing the election to Joe Biden. Which is why he can't let it go.

Pretty much everyone who runs for political office has narcissistic personality disorder. Same for people in the media and Hollywood. Why do you think people want to be rich? Why does Warren Buffett and Bill Gates get out of bed in the morning? To pay the bills? They're all narcissists and sociopaths. All of them.

I don't like any of these politicians, but claiming that Trump was destroying the country is complete political hack nonsense. As this thread clearly shows, the term "destroying the country" doesn't mean anything. To some "destroying the country" simply means lower wages for low-skilled laborers. To others it refers to more homeless people in San Francisco, or higher real-estate prices.

I hate to spoil your fun, but America wants high real-estate prices. We do everything we can to maintain and inflate the housing bubble. The worst possible thing that could happen to America is for real-estate prices to drop.
Dont know how you fouled up the quotes like that but none of those were in my posts and are so far polarized from my views Id say I was offended if I didnt believe this was an honest mistake.

Old 07-07-2021, 08:00 AM

35,721 posts, read 21,087,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A religious, devout Christian doesn't break laws and take from others what doesn't belong to them. Those who help illegal aliens aren't true Christians either including groups like Catholic Charities. They are aiding and abetting this illegal invasion when they should be helping Americans instead.

I don't know why you are bringing legal immigration into this discussion they aren't the problem. If you claim you don't know that most illegals here by far are Latinos from south of our border then you really are ill-informed. Those who help them certainly know it and many times have ethnic ties to them.

God said to obey the laws of the land. You aren't doing so by aiding and abetting law breaking illegal aliens. No viable Christian religion teaches that to help immigration law breakers is ok. So no, you are not more religious than I am. Leave religion out of this anyway as this is about our laws not religion. If you were truly a Christian you would be helping American citizens not immigration law violators who are stealing from our own citizens.
Won’t find that piety in out churches anymore. Let’s not get God involved- it’s truly the same coin with two sides, and scriptures can be found by both. God sees the intent of the hearts - I leave it there. He is the ultimate owner and can suck 1/2 of the USA in a sinkhole tomorrow if so wish.

Old 07-07-2021, 09:23 AM

15,460 posts, read 7,516,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Insane post of the day nominee.
What was factually wrong with what I said?

Old 07-07-2021, 11:29 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,218,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Dont know how you fouled up the quotes like that but none of those were in my posts and are so far polarized from my views Id say I was offended if I didnt believe this was an honest mistake.
I must have been trying to respond to you, Oldglory, and WRM20 in the same post. And I copy and pasted your quote header into a response I was making to WRM20, which was broken into multiple sections.

Sometimes I post when I should be sleeping and my brain isn't working very well. And other times I leave this open for hours if not days because I'm busy doing something else, and I forget who exactly I'm talking to. Sometimes after rereading what I write the next morning, I delete pretty much everything and rewrite it. But yeah, I've never made such a glaring mistake before. The post I was actually responding to is a couple pages back(in fact you replied to it).

https://www.city-data.com/forum/61378511-post189.html

Funny thing is, the person I was responding to then replied to my comment to you. So maybe it was some kind of server glitch? Dunno.

Old 07-07-2021, 11:50 AM

33,587 posts, read 18,183,766 times
With everyone walking over the border we have another variant coming here which makes the India variant look mild.

https://www.washingtoninformer.com/n...ientists-fear/

New variant from Peru spreading in Latin America and the most deadly called Lambda . So far it is not detected here but with opened borders it could be here and undetected . We are just sitting ducks with opened borders with all these variants coming here one after another .

https://nypost.com/2021/07/05/fears-...t-to-vaccines/

Old 07-07-2021, 03:05 PM

1,929 posts, read 560,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
With everyone walking over the border we have another variant coming here which makes the India variant look mild.

https://www.washingtoninformer.com/n...ientists-fear/

New variant from Peru spreading in Latin America and the most deadly called Lambda . So far it is not detected here but with opened borders it could be here and undetected . We are just sitting ducks with opened borders with all these variants coming here one after another .

https://nypost.com/2021/07/05/fears-...t-to-vaccines/
That will be more air time for Biden to rattle off his quota figures. He will double down. (now that he has permitted immigrants to go across the country)

Old 07-08-2021, 05:18 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,559,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What makes it even more infuriating is that these brainwashed liberals who voted for this mess STILL consider themselves the smart, morally superior people and continue to mock and insult those who voted for Trump.
If you thought you actually had the moral upper hand, rather than the people you are mentioning above having the moral upper hand, you wouldn't care one whit they (people who you would then see as being wrong) thought about anything....and you obviously do care (you point blank admit above that you find their attitudes infuriating).

Last edited by RMESMH; 07-08-2021 at 05:33 PM.. Reason: corrected one character typo

Old 07-08-2021, 05:30 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,559,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A religious, devout Christian doesn't break laws and take from others what doesn't belong to them. Those who help illegal aliens aren't true Christians either including groups like Catholic Charities. They are aiding and abetting this illegal invasion when they should be helping Americans instead.

I don't know why you are bringing legal immigration into this discussion they aren't the problem. If you claim you don't know that most illegals here by far are Latinos from south of our border then you really are ill-informed. Those who help them certainly know it and many times have ethnic ties to them.

God said to obey the laws of the land. You aren't doing so by aiding and abetting law breaking illegal aliens. No viable Christian religion teaches that to help immigration law breakers is ok. So no, you are not more religious than I am. Leave religion out of this anyway as this is about our laws not religion. If you were truly a Christian you would be helping American citizens not immigration law violators who are stealing from our own citizens.
^^^^^

The first and third paragraphs of this post, combined with who wrote it, make it quite possibly the most ironic post I've ever read on CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies