Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2021, 08:29 PM

27,215 posts, read 15,393,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Luckily she will never place in the Olympics. This will be her 15 minutes of fame!
Was
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2021, 05:49 AM

33,594 posts, read 18,225,315 times
Obama's administration is running the show today. They hate America because they think that the Europeans are the aliens and the Indians and Mexicans were displaced . This is being taught today.

We have a very high standard of living compared to Mexico yet they prefer us white people not to be here. They want to change America and get rid of white people. So they tell us we are privileged are racists and are bad people. The are teaching this in the schools today.

The hate America movement is poison and the leftists are out of control following this evil teaching. This movement is here to hate all whites . This is poison. This woman is just one of many.

Old 06-28-2021, 06:01 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,754,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama's administration is running the show today. They hate America because they think that the Europeans are the aliens and the Indians and Mexicans were displaced . This is being taught today.

We have a very high standard of living compared to Mexico yet they prefer us white people not to be here. They want to change America and get rid of white people. So they tell us we are privileged are racists and are bad people. The are teaching this in the schools today.

The hate America movement is poison and the leftists are out of control following this evil teaching. This movement is here to hate all whites . This is poison. This woman is just one of many.
No question about it.

This nightmare is all Obama - a 3rd term doing everything he wanted to do, but couldn't while he had accountability for it. Biden is too far gone to care about going out as a fool, ending his career as the worst President in US history.

Old 06-28-2021, 06:12 AM

7,245 posts, read 4,575,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
Maybe cut her from the olympic team, she is representing this great nation. Maybe she would look better in China red.
Agree. There are plenty of Americans who would like a place on the team. She should be disqualified.

Old 06-28-2021, 06:55 AM

17,021 posts, read 12,632,414 times
I was looking forward to the Olympics. Given that many athletes from many countries have promised to protest, I am sadly not going to watch a bunch of self righteous uber children living an elite life bloviate about various left of center causes.

Sad but more healthy than watching the poison and getting angry.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:13 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,527,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I was looking forward to the Olympics. Given that many athletes from many countries have promised to protest, I am sadly not going to watch a bunch of self righteous uber children living an elite life bloviate about various left of center causes.

Sad but more healthy than watching the poison and getting angry.
I live for the Olympics. Every two years we turn the TV on the Olympics and watch them non-stop for weeks.

I feel very ambivalent about the Tokyo Games. Between transgender athletes trampling on women’s competition and pigs like Berry using her privilege to make an ass of herself, the spirit of the Games feels lost to me. It’s turned into an angry freak show that puts athletics second. It’s a goddamn shame.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:25 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,665,400 times
Yep, REAL Americans should all goosestep in lockstep to rousing rendition of Trump Uber Alles. Anybody dissenting should be sent to an interment camp with Arbeit Macht Frei over the gate and a large group shower building. Yep thats what the greatest generation fought for, to make America safe for fascism.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:26 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 26 days ago)

35,751 posts, read 18,101,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I live for the Olympics. Every two years we turn the TV on the Olympics and watch them non-stop for weeks.

I feel very ambivalent about the Tokyo Games. Between transgender athletes trampling on women’s competition and pigs like Berry using her privilege to make an ass of herself, the spirit of the Games feels lost to me. It’s turned into an angry freak show that puts athletics second. It’s a goddamn shame.
We'll see how the networks cover it. I'm guessing there are a LOT of discussions going on right now about what to focus on - and I'm betting you can find media that will focus only on the positive - the Cinderella stories, the triumphs of the spirit, the camaraderie, the surprises, the fantastic athleticism, etc. and then of course the cases of the agony of defeat. The usual stuff that make the Olympics so captivating.

I'm still looking forward to it, a lot.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:36 AM

52,804 posts, read 34,710,167 times
this is what happens when you’re not that good.. but you want all the attention.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:04 AM

20,366 posts, read 19,986,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
Yep, REAL Americans should all goosestep in lockstep to rousing rendition of Trump Uber Alles. Anybody dissenting should be sent to an interment camp with Arbeit Macht Frei over the gate and a large group shower building. Yep thats what the greatest generation fought for, to make America safe for fascism.
There's a time and place for everything. Why take a public, political s**** at the Olympics of all places?

That's what family reunions, funerals, birthdays and street corners are for if you're that obsessive about your beliefs.

It's the height of smug, self-righteous arrogance to think the world gives a rat's ass as to what you believe because you've got talent in some areas. (Lookin' at you Rapinoe).

Oh, and get a new schtick. The old "Trump supporters are NAZIs" meme is so unimaginative and boring to the point of being laughable.

Even some of CD's lefties cringe when they see it, I would imagine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies