Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 08:30 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,303,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
This is great. Can't wait until you right wingers hear about Armand Duplantis. He is really gonna get your knickers in a knot. LOL.
All Americans should be outraged. Not just right wingers. But since Leftists like yourself have made it clear that you don’t like this country, the only people who do care about the country (and it’s flag) are the only ones that are voicing their displeasure for this person. At one time not even long ago, a traitor like her would be so publicly humiliated and be hated that they wouldn’t even be allowed on the team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2021, 08:41 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,303,294 times
The irony is that this is one of the few countries in the world where she can pull a stunt like that and not be vilified. If she were to go to many other countries and disrespect their flag, the things they would do to her...

Old 06-27-2021, 11:37 AM

12,309 posts, read 9,800,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
The irony is that this is one of the few countries in the world where she can pull a stunt like that and not be vilified. If she were to go to many other countries and disrespect their flag, the things they would do to her...
She and the fast-growing numbers like her today are playing us for fools. And, collectively, that's exactly what we are. Looking the other way from this is just another reflection of our ongoing PC suicide.

Free speech is one thing....and we all agree with the importance of protecting it. But there is no right to represent our country on an Olympic team, much less publicly disgrace it as part of that team. She ought to be booted and replaced....and without hesitation.

Old 06-27-2021, 11:39 AM
gg

26,134 posts, read 26,140,071 times
It amazes me how privileged and entitled this new generation is. They sure are an embarrassing bunch of buffoons.

Ah well. I am not watching it much anyway. I like Winter Olympics, not summer. More class.

Old 06-27-2021, 11:42 AM

31,049 posts, read 19,632,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sheesh, just when you thought you had enough of football and basketball players acting like fools during the national anthem, now you have Olympic qualifying athletes starting to do the same. And she thinks it was a set up.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/tracka...k-field-trials
Our country now sux, we are a crap country so I wouldn't even compete for the USA if it were me. White athletes should treat the USA flag and anthem with the same respect black athletes did in the 1968 Mexico Olympics since we are now a racist nation against white people.

Old 06-27-2021, 11:46 AM
gg

26,134 posts, read 26,140,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Our country now sux, we are a crap country so I wouldn't even compete for the USA if it were me. White athletes should treat the USA flag and anthem with the same respect black athletes did in the 1968 Mexico Olympics since we are now a racist nation against white people.
I feel bad for our country and what the democrats have done to segregate us by race. It is a shame as we just had a black man as president for 8 years and our country is over 72% white. We sure did great in our country and should be so proud. Seems we can't with democrats controlling our media feeds.

Old 06-27-2021, 11:48 AM

8,725 posts, read 7,467,269 times
I cannot even comprehend playing a sport, volunteering to do so, representation a country, but then acting in such a disrespectful manner towards it.

I mean you you think so lowly of the country, then why are you representing it?

Old 06-27-2021, 11:51 AM

13,257 posts, read 22,992,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
She sure didn't mind taking the MONEY America paid for her to train and to be there!
What money does anyone get from hammer? Throws in the USA are a niche events where, unless you’re Ryan Crouser, you’re lucky to get a shoes only contract. IIRC, Berry did something similar at Pan Ams a few years back and USATF knows exactly where she stands already

https://www.espn.com/espnw/life-styl...ake-difference

As for throwers in general, they’re typically a pretty smart and fun crowd that are a blast to go have a beer with if you don’t mind a bit of a Mos Eisley Cantina vibe.

Old 06-27-2021, 11:54 AM

2,740 posts, read 2,280,150 times
She needs to be kicked off of the team.

Old 06-27-2021, 11:58 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 27 days ago)

36,152 posts, read 18,434,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Pull her off the team.
I agree. The Olympics is an international celebration of the human spirit, and countries send teams. If she doesn't want to represent the United States team, the she can go represent another country. It IS done sometimes, when athletes can't make their own country's team, or if their country doesn't field a team of what that athlete wants to participate in.

If you go to the Olympics, you go under your country's flag.

An aside, who the hell even knew HAMMER THROWING was an olympic sport? ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies