Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 08:08 PM

6,842 posts, read 2,872,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
Why is the left so angry and ungrateful?
Are we? All of us? Are you sure?

I'm,....I'll just leave this here.

Quote:
I am a Republican Moderate, I am fully vaccinated, as are some of my like minded friends and family. It's not cool to paint a broad brush.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:12 PM

727 posts, read 306,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Are we? All of us? Are you sure?

I'm,....I'll just leave this here.
I get what your saying. There are liberals and what I consider the left, like the far left.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:12 PM

865 posts, read 322,458 times
Like 5 year olds screaming for candy. Tantrums that get rewarded result in more tantrums.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:16 PM

6,842 posts, read 2,872,620 times
Quote:
I get what your saying. There are liberals and what I consider the left, like the far left.

Ah. I got ya. Okie dokie. There fer shure are some out there people on the far left.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:17 PM

27,831 posts, read 16,347,162 times
Theyve ruined comedy

Old 06-04-2021, 08:17 PM

13,257 posts, read 22,989,734 times
Why is the right so lazy and unmotivated? The country should be in a cycle of constantly trying to improve itself and make a more perfect union. But they want the fantasy of the 1950s when life was easier if you were a mediocre white guy rather than putting the effort into making America into the best possible entity it could be.

Run a society like a business- total quality improvement goals for all citizens and legal residents.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Ah. I got ya. Okie dokie. There fer shure are some out there people on the far left.
I have no problem with rational liberals, but I do have issues with the far left types and the far right types. I didn't mean to think I was denigrating you, my apologies.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:19 PM

29,920 posts, read 39,580,270 times
Quote:
Nietzsche argued that one of the most powerful forces in society was "ressentiment." Similar to the everyday word "resentment," ressentiment lay at the heart of new kinds of morality. In ancient times, nobility was associated with power. The downtrodden, the poor, the weak, the enslaved were ignoble.

The masses of have-nots, to use a more modern language, resented their plight for understandable reasons. But they were too weak to launch a real, armed revolution. Instead, the powerless resorted to a moral revolution, assaulting the concepts of nobility, goodness and morality and rendering them evil in the popular imagination.
https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion...619-story.html

Quote:
While the noble man lives in trust and openness with himself (gennaios 'of noble descent' underlines the nuance 'upright' and probably also 'naïve'), the man of ressentiment is neither upright nor naive nor honest and straightforward with himself. His soul squints; his spirit loves hiding places, secret paths and back doors, everything covert entices him as his world, his security, his refreshment; he understands how to keep silent, how not to forget, how to wait, how to be provisionally self-deprecating and humble. A race of such men of ressentiment is bound to become eventually cleverer than any noble race; it will also honor cleverness to a far greater degree: namely, as a condition of existence of the first importance; while with noble men cleverness can easily acquire a subtle flavor of luxury and subtlety—for here it is far less essential than the perfect functioning of the regulating unconscious instincts or even than a certain imprudence, perhaps a bold recklessness whether in the face of danger or of the enemy, or that enthusiastic impulsiveness in anger, love, reverence, gratitude, and revenge by which noble souls have at all times recognized one another. Ressentiment itself, if it should appear in the noble man, consummates and exhausts itself in an immediate reaction, and therefore does not poison: on the other hand, it fails to appear at all on countless occasions on which it inevitably appears in the weak and impotent.
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/253...-openness-with

The Frankfurt School
and “Critical Theory”
https://www.marxists.org/subject/fra...hool/index.htm

Last edited by BigJon3475; 06-04-2021 at 08:36 PM..

Old 06-04-2021, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Why is the right so lazy and unmotivated? The country should be in a cycle of constantly trying to improve itself and make a more perfect union. But they want the fantasy of the 1950s when life was easier if you were a mediocre white guy rather than putting the effort into making America into the best possible entity it could be.

Run a society like a business- total quality improvement goals for all citizens and legal residents.
I think over the past year and a half people in general have been lazy and unmotivated due to the pandemic.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:24 PM

30,062 posts, read 25,184,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post

So you think whites had it easier in the 50's than they do today? If so, you are likely mistaken. My grandfather worked in a factory at that time. It was physically demanding. There were no robots, and automation was in it's infancy. Lots of the work was still backbreaking and you had to really put your body into it. I always wondered why my grandfather walked funny. It was because the shops in those days broke a man's body. Few Americans today have any understanding of what that kind of work was like in those days.

There were lots of white folks like my grandfather who were proud, but not too proud to work themselves hard, doing jobs that most Americans today would look down upon. The wages were decent because paying decent wages was and still is the only way you're going to get a man to sacrifice his body working that way. Wages didn't improve in this country because people were lazy and unmotivated. Quite the opposite. They put a lot of thought and effort into their livelihood, and expected to be treated with dignity and respect, and they earned every bit of it. Anyone who thinks that was all just handed to people because of the color of their skin is delusional and completely clueless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies