Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 06:30 AM

29,568 posts, read 22,955,248 times

Advertisements

Yeah right, good luck ever trying to get that one implemented.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/people-wh...110500761.html

Quote:
Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel is ready to step out and party - well, almost.

The chair of the department of medical ethics and health policy at the University of Pennsylvania hasn't been to the theater in over a year and he says he's "dying to go." He's also planning to travel to Switzerland this summer.

But first, he has to sort out a big open question - both for himself, and for anyone he's going to share some air with.

"How am I supposed to prove that I've been vaccinated?" he asks. "What I have now is a CDC cardboard piece of paper, right? It's ridiculous."

Emanuel says it shouldn't be so hard for authorities to develop a reliable, relatively fraud-proof and secure driver's license-style verification system for gauging COVID-19 immunity status. Ideally, such a system could replace the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's white vaccine cards, which are both easy to fabricate and too big to fit in standard wallets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2021, 07:15 AM

6,828 posts, read 2,134,805 times
Since driver licenses are state issue IDs, in my state [Florida] this will never happen. It could happen in California or NYS though.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:31 AM

424 posts, read 177,036 times
Yeah, the cardboard cards are a stupid size and shape. You can't carry them with you easily.

I don't know that we need something like that unless it's for travel, and that would, I assume, be controlled by the federal government just like passports are... but getting a regular driver's license can be a royal PITA, so I can't even imagine what it would be like for everyone to descend upon the DMV to try to get a different little symbol on their licenses next to the star.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:34 AM

45,406 posts, read 26,671,848 times
"dying to go" a telling statement from someone who supports eugenics ( Emanuel)

Old 06-04-2021, 07:42 AM

17,961 posts, read 14,979,342 times
He's an idiot.

He's the one who said people over the age of 75 should just die.

So he should be tickled pink that covid killed all those seniors.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:47 AM

5,207 posts, read 1,811,296 times
Aw, poor Zeke--can't go to the theater until we become a biosecurity state. Do you think maybe this guy has an agenda?

Old 06-04-2021, 07:51 AM

24,818 posts, read 17,567,386 times
Soooo when the states are issuing these official covid vaccine cards can they also issue voter ID cards?

In his own words "Emanuel says it shouldn't be so hard for authorities to develop a reliable, relatively fraud-proof and secure driver's license-style verification system for gauging "voting" status."

I agree.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:54 AM

6,828 posts, read 2,134,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Soooo when the states are issuing these official covid vaccine cards can they also issue voter ID cards?

In his own words "Emanuel says it shouldn't be so hard for authorities to develop a reliable, relatively fraud-proof and secure driver's license-style verification system for gauging "voting" status."

I agree.
If you need a state issue ID card to prove you're vaccinated to rejoin normal activities [like going to the cinema] I'm awaiting what blue states will say for voter id cards

Old 06-04-2021, 07:56 AM

26,659 posts, read 13,869,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yeah right, good luck ever trying to get that one implemented.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/people-wh...110500761.html
The chair of medical ethics has no ethics apparently.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:00 AM

5,207 posts, read 1,811,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

I agree.
I don't think they will. They won't make the connection between voting and vaccination. Different agendas.

We are told that requiring any type of ID 'disenfranchises' people. Except vaccination IDs disenfranchise the unvaccinated. And it won't stop with vaccinations. Incrementally, they will add more health data to these IDs, and each step along the way finding a 'public health' reason for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies