Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2021, 01:58 PM

5,303 posts, read 5,291,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
It's remarkably similar to the cult-of-personality people put on Obama.
Not even close...no Obama supporters would have ever plotted to storm the capital and kill the GOP speaker of the house or the VP.

Old 06-01-2021, 01:58 PM

21,991 posts, read 15,805,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I will be the first to admit that, for a short time, there was indeed a fair amount of Obama cult worship among some progressive types who thought he would be some sort of progressive savior. But it lasted maybe 2 or 3 months into his presidency, after which point it became obvious that he was just going to be another establishment-type democrat, and then the cult largely died.

Trump, on the other hand, is a whole 'nother story. Worship of Trump goes far beyond anything I've ever seen in any US politician, and what's more, it matters not what Trump did or does. He could literally kill somebody on 5th Avenue in plain sight, and his worshippers would still worship him.
It goes further than that. His supporters think any Trump spawn is automatically qualified to be president. They love the idea of Don Jr. or Ivanka in the White House. Why? Because they carry the Trump name. The GOP claims of opposing dynasties after Bush and Clinton grew silent at the thought of a Trump dynasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Not even close...no Obama supporters would have ever plotted to storm the capital and kill the GOP speaker of the house or the VP.
Exactly. The same party that loves to promote "Blue Lives Matter" see no contradiction at the video of Trump supporters beating police at the Capitol. They shrug at the video of Trump supporters screaming "Hang Mike Pence" or the gallows built on the Capitol grounds. There is no comparison whatsoever.

Old 06-01-2021, 01:59 PM

11,250 posts, read 8,380,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I personally know a lot of conservatives and not one of them worships Trump. This is a figment of warped liberal mind.

I do know plenty of liberals that have an unhealthy obsession with Trump and should consult a mental health professional.
That's because Trump is not a conservative.

I agree with your statement, but there is a HUGE faction of people who are not Conservatives, who do not believe in, or understand what it means to be American, and they DO still support Trump.

So what if they are misinformed about their own Conservatism, call them what you want, they are a problem for our country.

I don't think about Trump until I see people starting to defend him and his lies, then I will be the first to admit, it brings out a side of me that I don't like. I get that way when people threaten my country.

Old 06-01-2021, 02:00 PM

13,309 posts, read 8,567,295 times
I politely disagree that Trump's in your face with judgmental and antagonist ego deserves 'respect'. Respect carries value. Those tactics are not of positive value.

I listened for awhile.. even attempted to walk a mile down that road of discord to understand the foundation of these bootlickers. There just isn't any reason to go into that arena. Nothing good came from that fellowing. Not one thing. Hopeless.

Old 06-01-2021, 02:02 PM

79,289 posts, read 61,380,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy84 View Post
I don't get this cult-of-personality that people place upon Trump. You know what kind of countries have this unfettered worship of their leaders? Dictatorships.

How is the worship of Trump any different than the North Korean worship of the Kim family? Nazi Germany worship of Hitler, Iran worship of the Ayatollah, Iraq worship of Saddam and so on. For the people who stormed the capital in the name of freedom and democracy they sure seem to want to surrender to a dictatorship where instead of "we the people" its more along the lines of "him the leader"

DO you want to live in a dictatorship?

If Trump came in and revoked the constitution and set up the country similar to a North Korea or a Christian version of Iran would you be happy?

If 5, 10 20 years from now Trump passes on would you want people arrested for not mourning properly like some of these countries do?

Should we take an oath to America or to Trump?

One January 6th a small percentage people removed American flags and raised Trump flags? Did you feel a surge of patriotism when OUR flag was disrespected?

I get it, you like his policies, you like his in your face attitude, I can respect that. But people who still fly flags that say Trump 2020 or the new news today that trump will be "reinstated" as president by August and Michael Flynn calling for a military coup that's just way to far.

I mean if you think this overboard attitude of Trump is somehow "owning the libs" just a newsflash we just kind of feel sorry for you at this point. We all know that by 2024 whomever the GOP nominee is you will act the same towards him/her the same way you act towards Trump now and and by 2024 will be saying "Donald who?" and distancing yourself from him like you did with Romney, McCain, Bush 1 & 2, Nixon and all other GOP presidents and nominees (except to a degree Reagan) because that's what you do, you're sheep.

If you are not acting this way to "own the libs" and genuinely feel this way and not some follow the sheep kind of thing like the others, just curious. Why?
The only thing crazier than Trumpers are threads started after a guy got voted out of office crying about dictators and Nazi's with reference to the guy that is gone.

Old 06-01-2021, 02:04 PM

10,249 posts, read 11,239,600 times
I don't get why Leftist Start Threads about Those - who supposedly worship Trump.

Why do you start threads, constantly about Trump if you hate him so much. Why do you care?

Personally - I don't care what Trump does. Remember, he's not the President.

When will the Left move on from Trump????

Old 06-01-2021, 02:05 PM

6,860 posts, read 3,445,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Apparently you missed the other post from the person in FL who drove by a Trump rally this weekend? Yes definitely a figment of a warped mind somewhere....
Except that you liberals can't it through your heads that supporting someone does not equal worship.

Do you worship the creepy pedophile Biden? Did you worship at the altar of the golden Obama? No one on this planet is worthy of worship.

You liberals don't even know what "worship" really means. There are these things out called dictionaries. You should try one some time.

Old 06-01-2021, 02:06 PM

4,367 posts, read 1,601,404 times
Usually the people at the center of a cult of personality have a concrete vision/set of policies. There's very little concrete with Trump. He shifts to whatever position he thinks he can get people to donate/vote for him.

It's quite a unique movement in American politics IMO and while I long for the day that the American political system isn't ruled over by the DNC or RNC, I can't help but feel a demagogue is in no way beneficial.

Old 06-01-2021, 02:07 PM

40,998 posts, read 18,377,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
What about if you are still starting threads about him?
Bingo...and the threads are endless, lol.

Old 06-01-2021, 02:07 PM

4,367 posts, read 1,601,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
When will the Left move on from Trump????
People seem to think he'll run again. I'd argue, he's still relevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.