Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 06:51 AM

21,953 posts, read 9,537,615 times

Advertisements

So recently, some liberal claimed that AP is completely free of political bias so from now on, when I see it, I am posting it here. Please don't move this to the media forum where no one will see it.

Here is the first example. It talks about the eroding ratings of MSM morning shows. It mentions Covid, people getting up later and a couple of other reasons. It leaves OUT a huge reason. Politics. Never even mentions it.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/en...on/5075090001/

Morning shows extend the day to cope with viewer erosion

Yet who cares about the traffic and weather if you're not leaving the house?

Viewership is down at all three programs, although to be fair, it is for television in general. But for the morning shows, the loss hits hardest among viewers aged 25-to-54 —- working people. In that age group, viewing dropped 22% between the first three months of 2020 and this year at “Today,” 24% at “Good Morning America” and 16% at “CBS This Morning,” the Nielsen company said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2021, 06:59 AM

17,687 posts, read 6,947,274 times
The number one reason I refuse to watch the MSM is because it is nothing but liberal propaganda.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:02 AM

21,953 posts, read 9,537,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The number one reason I refuse to watch the MSM is because it is nothing but liberal propaganda.
Same. I used to watch Today.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:03 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,773,316 times
How many decades have "conservatives" been crying about this while their media bubble spews 24/7 manufactured outrage?

Never gets old does it?

Old 06-01-2021, 07:07 AM

17,687 posts, read 6,947,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
How many decades have "conservatives" been crying about this while their media bubble spews 24/7 manufactured outrage?

Never gets old does it?
It never gets old because it’s a fact that unfortunately never changes.

25,853 posts, read 16,552,727 times
The recent headline about the Canadian Residential Schools and the 200+ children’s bodies they found buried-the story I read indicated the Canadian Government was mostly to blame with definite involvement of some kind by the Catholic Church.

Left wing story linked on Reddit “Catholic Church run schools…”. Dangerously biased our media of today.

19,061 posts, read 12,736,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post

Never gets old does it?
Well the final nail in corporate media's coffin was last year, not just parroting Fauci's endless flip flops on masks and COVID but on refusing to cover the riots and calling out the violence.

I mean for God's sake, a leftist mayor in Seattle ceded an entite police precinct to the mob rather than reign in the violence and allowed seditionists to take an "autonomous zone"

"Summer of Peace", the media said - Reputation permanently destroyed

Old 06-01-2021, 07:10 AM

5,347 posts, read 3,226,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post

Here is the first example. It talks about the eroding ratings of MSM morning shows. It mentions Covid, people getting up later and a couple of other reasons. It leaves OUT a huge reason. Politics. Never even mentions it.
It's funny because I guess I'm the opposite. I never watched the morning shows but now that I'm working from home and have a TV in my office I turn them on occasionally.

I've never seen politics come up in any morning show. (Note I'm talking GMA, Today, etc. Not "the view" which I don't think this article is referencing).

What are you basing your conclusions on?

Old 06-01-2021, 07:13 AM

25,853 posts, read 16,552,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
It's funny because I guess I'm the opposite. I never watched the morning shows but now that I'm working from home and have a TV in my office I turn them on occasionally.

I've never seen politics come up in any morning show. (Note I'm talking GMA, Today, etc. Not "the view" which I don't think this article is referencing).

What are you basing your conclusions on?
You can’t be serious. Dog mouth Savannah Guthrie …

Old 06-01-2021, 07:15 AM

89,083 posts, read 44,917,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
So recently, some liberal claimed that AP is completely free of political bias so from now on, when I see it, I am posting it here. Please don't move this to the media forum where no one will see it.
The AP is compromised. Not a reliable source of info. Just one example... it has a Hamas problem. The US Government has designated Hamas a Foreign Terrorist Organization. https://www.dni.gov/nctc/groups/hamas.html

How the AP covers for the atrocities committed by Hamas:

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...-story/383262/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies