Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 07:16 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,753,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You can’t be serious. Dog mouth Savannah Guthrie …
The worst is The View, oh man what the hell happened they are basically Leninists at this point except for McCain who is effectively a 1995 Democrat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2021, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The AP is compromised. Not a reliable source of info. Just one example... it has a Hamas problem. The US Government has designated Hamas a Foreign Terrorist Organization. https://www.dni.gov/nctc/groups/hamas.html

How the AP covers for the atrocities committed by Hamas:

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...-story/383262/
AP reports from inside Gaza. In order to have access, Hamas will only provide protection if the organizations reports a certain way. They are definitely compromised in at least that regard. I mean they were sharing an office building with Hamas

Old 06-01-2021, 07:24 AM

78,643 posts, read 60,823,449 times
AP is an amalgamation of reporting members.

As such it's going to have various biases, every outlet does.

With that said, AP is generally one of the better ones but keep in mind that members that run an AP story are picking and choosing. So, one news outlet might run the story about the illegal immigrant killer in Iowa, while another might ignore it...ditto for any number of other stories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associated_Press

Old 06-01-2021, 07:24 AM

3,293 posts, read 1,773,699 times
99% of television "news" is (still) anti-Trump rhetoric despite the fact he's out of office. Now the media's ire has shifted to anti-conservative - anti white - anti religious - anti Jewish, out and out unmitigated HATE & all the while these self defined "champions of freedom" screech about they are being discriminated and repressed.
There are days I want to pull an Elvis and shoot the dang TV.

Oh, and don't gimme any of that "Trumptard" crap I didn't vote for him (Or pedo joe)

Old 06-01-2021, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
99% of television "news" is (still) anti-Trump rhetoric despite the fact he's out of office. Now the media's ire has shifted to anti-conservative - anti white - anti religious - anti Jewish, out and out unmitigated HATE & all the while these self defined "champions of freedom" screech about they are being discriminated and repressed.
There are days I want to pull an Elvis and shoot the dang TV.

Oh, and don't gimme any of that "Trumptard" crap I didn't vote for him (Or pedo joe)
Two things are driving the corporate media:
  1. Solidarity with the establishment politicians to grasp at the last straws of their fading influence
  2. Using Twitter (Frightening!!!) as a barometer for public opinion and framing of their narratives

Old 06-01-2021, 07:29 AM

21,995 posts, read 9,574,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
It's funny because I guess I'm the opposite. I never watched the morning shows but now that I'm working from home and have a TV in my office I turn them on occasionally.

I've never seen politics come up in any morning show. (Note I'm talking GMA, Today, etc. Not "the view" which I don't think this article is referencing).

What are you basing your conclusions on?
I am not talking about them discussing politics. I am talking about the agenda they push. My example above was the fact that they never mentioned how their shows have alienated people because they push liberal policies.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I am not talking about them discussing politics. I am talking about the agenda they push. My example above was the fact that they never mentioned how their shows have alienated people because they push liberal policies.
They're not pushing liberal policy these days, they're pushing communist policies

Old 06-01-2021, 07:30 AM

21,995 posts, read 9,574,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The AP is compromised. Not a reliable source of info. Just one example... it has a Hamas problem. The US Government has designated Hamas a Foreign Terrorist Organization. https://www.dni.gov/nctc/groups/hamas.html

How the AP covers for the atrocities committed by Hamas:

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...-story/383262/
Accidentally repped you.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:36 AM

89,293 posts, read 45,013,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Accidentally repped you.
Why was it an accident? What I posted is true.

Old 06-01-2021, 07:38 AM

78,643 posts, read 60,823,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Two things are driving the corporate media:
  1. Solidarity with the establishment politicians to grasp at the last straws of their fading influence
  2. Using Twitter (Frightening!!!) as a barometer for public opinion and framing of their narratives
The only thing that drives the corporate media is a desperate clawing for ratings as cable and the internet continue to undercut them.

Ratings = Money, just look around at all the job cuts and mass layoffs in the industry.

If you've never read up on the era of Yellow Journalism where desperate competition lead to a dirty, corrupt, often lying or misleading media then you're missing out on the many many current parallels going on now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies