Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 04:58 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times

Advertisements

Sooo....are we entering the world of the star bellied sneetches with the vaccinated being allowed to ditch the masks and the unvaccinated wearing them? How is this going to play out? Will my kid be singled out at camp? Will the liberals at the gym give me a hard time?

I have not decided to NOT get the vaccine. I just haven't decided TO get it yet. And you be damn sure I am not giving it to my teenaged girls until more data is in with regards to safety, especially fertility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2021, 05:04 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
I actually think there is a *conspiracy-theory* aspect to all of this. But, that aside, my basic response to all of this is, *blank* off.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes, and whether or not small businesses will be paid off or however else influenced, but it seems to me that if you're going to cut off half of your customers/income, that won't make much sense.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:05 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
How is this going to play out?
Take the vaccine and you won't have to worry about it.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:09 PM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Take the vaccine and you won't have to worry about it.
Would you take it in a house?
Would you take it with a mouse?

Old 05-31-2021, 06:11 PM

18,717 posts, read 7,597,559 times
After everybody has had a chance to get the vaccine, we soon won't have to wear masks any more. If some people decide not to get the vaccine, fine, that's up to them, they'll endanger nobody except themselves. They can even keep wearing masks if they want to.

My whole family has been vaccinated. California still has laws in place saying everyone must wear masks in stores, schools, and other indoor areas other than our own homes. So I'll keep wearing one when I go to those places, mostly so I don't get those people in trouble for letting someone without a mask.

Soon as California repeals that law (I believe it's June 15), we're having a mask-burning party here. Then none of us have to wear masks any more. As I said, people who don't want to get the vaccine don't have to. And people who want to continue wearing masks, can if they want to. I'll pass.

https://covid19.ca.gov/masks-and-ppe...20you%20choose.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:15 PM

5,573 posts, read 6,498,880 times
Who is going to know if you have had the vaccine or not, unless you tell them. People will assume you are among the vaccinated if you go without a mask.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Who is going to know if you have had the vaccine or not, unless you tell them. People will assume you are among the vaccinated if you go without a mask.
And your point is....??

Old 05-31-2021, 06:18 PM

795 posts, read 407,349 times
Quote:
Sooo....are we entering the world of the star bellied sneetches with the vaccinated being allowed to ditch the masks and the unvaccinated wearing them? How is this going to play out? Will my kid be singled out at camp? Will the liberals at the gym give me a hard time?

I have not decided to NOT get the vaccine. I just haven't decided TO get it yet. And you be damn sure I am not giving it to my teenaged girls until more data is in with regards to safety, especially fertility.
I’m not worried about it. Nobody is actually checking vaccine statuses and if they are, they won’t for long. No business is going to pay someone to stand at the door all day looking for proof you got stuck. This whole vaccine no vaccine thing will fade out soon enough. I’m not stuck and not planning to be any time soon either. Not enough data or information yet and they have not been fully tested or approved. That said, I’m done with the face diapers and will not be wearing them any longer, vaccinated or not. If someone asks me, it’s none of their business.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
I’m not stuck and not planning to be any time soon either. Not enough data or information yet and they have not been fully tested or approved.
That's certainly your choice, I have no problem with it.

That said, Covid-19 has been pretty thoroughly "tested" for more than a year now. Some half a million people have died from it in this country alone.

From that, and from the testing that's been done on the vaccine for the last year, I figured I (and my family) have less chance of dying if I take the vaccine, than if I don't take it. So we all did.

My decision is up to me, just as yours is up to you. I believe I've made the right decision.

Last edited by Roboteer; 05-31-2021 at 06:43 PM..

Old 05-31-2021, 06:24 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:

I'm pretty sure the microchip Bill Gates had me injected with will relay via my bluetooth that there is an unvaccinated covid spreader nearby.

Then I can avoid the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies