Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 03:09 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
And now you have a literal segregationist for a president. Congratulations.
I didn't vote for that fool. I voted for Jo Jorgensen.

Welcome to party loyalty 101. If it had been someone else besides Trump at the helm of the GOP, Biden wouldn't be President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2021, 03:34 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

Welcome to party loyalty 101. If it had been someone else besides Trump at the helm of the GOP, Biden wouldn't be President.

By not voting for Trump, you voted for Biden, the segregationist. Congratulations. You got everything you voted for.

Old 05-31-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:
By not voting for Trump, you voted for Biden, the segregationist. Congratulations. You got everything you voted for.
By voting for Jorgensen, my vote didn't go to either Biden or Trump. I think they both suck. I took the 3rd party route back in 2016 as well. Picked Gary Johnson. I found both Clinton and Trump to be reprehensible. If you wanted me to support Trump, forget it, it's not happening. I'll vote for who I see fit, not who you want.

Old 05-31-2021, 03:38 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
By voting for Jorgensen, my vote didn't go to either Biden or Trump. I think they both suck. I took the 3rd party route back in 2016 as well. Picked Gary Johnson. I found both Clinton and Trump to be reprehensible. If you wanted me to support Trump, forget it, it's not happening. I'll vote for who I see fit, not who you want.

Biden the racist segregationist is in the white house because too few people voted for Trump. You did nothing to stop it. Minorities were doing better than ever with Trump in the white house, but apparently, that's not something you are interested it.

Old 05-31-2021, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Biden the racist segregationist is in the white house because too few people voted for Trump. You did nothing to stop it. Minorities were doing better than ever with Trump in the white house, but apparently, that's not something you are interested it.
If minorities were doing better, it was no thanks to Trump. Unemployment rates were dropping as far back as 2013. Trump only gets credit for 1/20/2017 to 1/20/2021. Trump just maintained. And I spent 1/2 of the Trump administration a combination of unemployment/underemployed. I've been at full-capacity employment since 2019. I'm basically not much better off or worse off than under the Obama administration.

My opinion: I don't think you really care how minorities are doing. You're just unhappy that Trump's not in office.

I've learned I can't please anyone, so I'll vote for whoever I please. My vote didn't go to either Biden or Trump. I do not think either candidate would have made a good President. I would hope more people would stop being loyal to a candidate or a party. One of the reasons I would be alright with abolishing the party system.

Old 05-31-2021, 05:57 PM

1,663 posts, read 876,954 times
Quote:
If minorities were doing better, it was no thanks to Trump. Unemployment rates were dropping as far back as 2013. Trump only gets credit for 1/20/2017 to 1/20/2021. Trump just maintained. And I spent 1/2 of the Trump administration a combination of unemployment/underemployed. I've been at full-capacity employment since 2019. I'm basically not much better off or worse off than under the Obama administration.

My opinion: I don't think you really care how minorities are doing. You're just unhappy that Trump's not in office.

I've learned I can't please anyone, so I'll vote for whoever I please. My vote didn't go to either Biden or Trump. I do not think either candidate would have made a good President. I would hope more people would stop being loyal to a candidate or a party. One of the reasons I would be alright with abolishing the party system.
Alright lets look at that then. Black unemployment under Obama never dropped below 8% while he was in office. Under Trump, it dropped all the way to 5.2%, setting several record lows from late 2016 through 2019. The previous record was 7% in April, 2000.
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNS14000006

Hispanic unemployment under Obama never dropped below 5.4%, while under Trump, it dropped to a low of 4%, also setting a number of record lows in 2018 and 2019. The previous record was 5%, in December, 2006. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNS14000009

Asian unemployment under Obama dropped under 3% for one month of his term. Under Trump, it set a record low of 2.0%, with the previous record set in December, 2006 at 2.4%.
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNU04032183

Trump did better than "just maintained."

Old 05-31-2021, 06:05 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,785,956 times
Quote:
No, Biden is in the Whitehouse because Trump couldn't stop himself from saying absolutely CRAZY things on twitter and publicly denying the virus was real. (unfathomable that he did actually think it was real but didn't say it).. if he would have not done those two things and let the experts run the show, he'd be fine.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:12 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Bingo...and they’ll continue to make excuses because Trump. Let them reap what they sow with the new regime as they continue to complain about him.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:15 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
No, Biden is in the Whitehouse because Trump couldn't stop himself from saying absolutely CRAZY things on twitter and publicly denying the virus was real. (unfathomable that he did actually think it was real but didn't say it).. if he would have not done those two things and let the experts run the show, he'd be fine.
Fauci the “expert” said there was “nothing to worry about”, while there was something to worry about from day 1. Because Trump isn’t an “expert” scientist/immunologist like Fauci the fraud is supposed to be.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:20 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:

You are kidding yourself .... you voted for Biden.
Embrace it, don’t run from it. That’s the beauty of the system we used to have ... vote your choice.

Biden voters voted for Crime, Open Borders and Riots/Burnings & Lootings.
They also voted for a Senile Old Man that is barely functional .... you got what you voted for.
Embrace it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies