Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 07:52 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,095,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Hello fellow thread-shreders. I have just been browsing around a lot of different threads and posts and one thing I see a lot of is the dislike of one people for another group of people. I have really done a lot of soul searching over the years and have truly come to the conclusion that I LIKE EVERYBODY! I cannot pinpoint a single kind, group, color, or race of people that I have any problem with what so ever. Not to say that I have never had a disagreement or problem with someone of another race or creed. Just that when those problems arose, race or creed never had anything to do with it. All I see are people, wonderfully diverse people with the common goal of living happy, fruitful lives. And that is what I want to!! We are all flesh and blood, and we can all learn things from each other if we just let our guard down a little. I bet if everyone really thought about it, they would see that they really did not have a problem with the people they had chosen to dislike. Just think about it, then tell me what you think. I am not trying to make anyone like me, I just think that in this instance, it is the best way to live. Basically, with arms wide open. Thanks for reading!
Thanks for this post I personally do not dislike someone because of a group, although I may dislike personally some paticular group. I think you have a wonderful outlook on life.
I usually have an idea if after meeting someone if I have a good feeling about them or an instinct that they may not be someone I would like, it is usually a vibe I get from them.
I think the way you are going about it, you will be open to many new friends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 08:17 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,650,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Thanks for this post I personally do not dislike someone because of a group, although I may dislike personally some paticular group. I think you have a wonderful outlook on life.
I usually have an idea if after meeting someone if I have a good feeling about them or an instinct that they may not be someone I would like, it is usually a vibe I get from them.
I think the way you are going about it, you will be open to many new friends
Thanks for your post. I hope my attitude will be catching. And so far I can honestly say that all the posts so far on this thread have been free of racial or religious bias. That is exactly what I am looking for. I know people will have problems. But if we can keep it on a level ground where all are equal then we will have effectively done away with hate. Well, at least a little anyway. I know this all sounds corny, but hey, I'm an optimist!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies