Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 03:33 AM

2,828 posts, read 829,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
It works both ways!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2021, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
If women feel the need to complain about the demands of child rearing or the fact that they don't pull a salary for raising those kids, they shouldn't have gotten knocked up.

Easy peasy.

Is it a surprise to anyone that raising kids is more than a full time job? And one that's unpaid at that?

If this shocks you, you're probably too stupid to be having kids anyway.
Or have an abortion, since many modern women believe in it.

Old 05-10-2021, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
what kind of ingenuous ******* posts a 3 year old article?
Whats the difference if the subject still holds true.

Old 05-10-2021, 03:54 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,906,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I wrote a personal message and got "you cannot rep again so soon". Ugh.

Short version: You see the big picture. None of us get out of life alive and well, you do your thing. Much respect. Peace.
Thank you for the kind words. I try to see that not everyone is ending the game as fortunate as I am. I got really lucky, my wife is absolutely brilliant, she is the rock we all lean on. My girls , no dad could ever have asked for better kids. I can count on 1 hand how many times either one of them disappointed me in any way or caused me to be angry. My bot was the challenge and he he challenged me daily for a few years. Now he is an amazing man, self reliant, a gifted machinist and a skilled welder.

Our compensation is our children, if you do your job right they will be your reward. That is the nature of life for humans. Im sorry but expecting to be paid to be a parent? To me that means that it was never about love of family or child. Our kids make us better people.

Old 05-10-2021, 03:56 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,906,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
It sounds like your kids are very lucky to have you.
No the opposite is true. I am lucky to have them.,

Old 05-10-2021, 05:31 AM

15,949 posts, read 12,339,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I work full time and am the primary care giver to 2 children. My spouse makes more than I do, has a worse commute, gets home later, has to finish up work at home, always "on the clock"...all that takes time and has a value. We designed it that my job is lower stress, flexible, and close to the schools so that we both wouldn't be running around crazy. I was a sahm for a few years too. Being a sahm does not compare in any way to working full time, dealing with actual work situations, commuting, etc and therefore I didn't expect any "help" on my end because being in casual clothes all day doing whatever I wanted with my kids was the greatest joy ever. The only downside to being a sahm is lack of adult interactions and loneliness but work, it is not. A lot of young mom's out there are quite insane and make being a mom hard work. They need to chill the heck out.

We agree on something. For most stay at home moms the social element is what they miss most. As an introvert, it's the thing I'd miss the least.

Old 05-10-2021, 05:41 AM

21,380 posts, read 7,991,011 times
Any one who wants to get paid to raise a child should be a foster parent.

Some do. Some make it a business. It's how they earn a living.

See how the kids fare. Great model right? When the govt gets involved with pay to raise kids?

No words.

Old 05-10-2021, 06:10 AM

1,729 posts, read 819,426 times
Women bring a lot of it on themselves.

"Honey, please _________"

Hubby does _________

Wife -"you didn't do it right". And instead of accepting what was does does it again herself when in fact hubby did fine.

Old 05-10-2021, 07:42 AM

1,707 posts, read 640,936 times
Being a stay at home mom is the easiest "job" in the world. Putting Jr. to sleep for nap time and watching Maury is not difficult. I guess loading the washing machine twice a week is a little time consuming, sorting clothes and what not.

Old 05-10-2021, 08:25 AM

15,669 posts, read 10,445,215 times
deciding to be a parent is reward and/or consequence just like every other decision we make in life.

I was a working mother. My mother was a working mother. we both were married and raised productive citizens. I enjoyed my children and my mother says the same.

we chose to bring children into the world. it was our responsibility as parents of these children to raise them, make sacrifices for them, love them, care for them, teach them good values, etc.

parenting is not an easy job, but it was my most rewarding job. my husband and i are happy we made the choice to be a parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies