Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 07:44 PM

29,857 posts, read 24,982,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
"Unpaid" my ass. Did the household a SAHM mom occupies and all the resources she uses to maintain it fall out of the sky or something, or is there a man working to provide those things for her?

That's not the way the lame stream media wants us to view this. They want folks to believe that men were always holding women back from achieving their true potential... As if giving rise to the next generation is now considered some form of menial labor.

The people that lefties have been looking up to for advice on how to live have woefully misled an entire generation. They have them believing a bunch of junk that leads to societal collapse, not a prosperous future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2021, 07:48 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,257,659 times
what kind of ingenuous ******* posts a 3 year old article?

Old 05-09-2021, 07:48 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,271,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyDoesIt View Post
It’s a society. Kids happen. Kids are the future. We need to keep future pilots of this ship healthy to continue its journey.
And it’s nobody else’s responsibility to pay for them. Can’t feed em don’t breed em.

Old 05-09-2021, 07:50 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,271,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Another study from 2018 showed that women retire earlier than men.
https://www.nber.org/system/files/wo...429/w24429.pdf

Then they complain that they don't make enough money.
Funny how folks love to blame others and expect them to take responsibility for their own self inflicted problems. Muh entitlement at it’s very finest.

Old 05-09-2021, 08:14 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,431,898 times
I just did a deep cleaning and organization of my garage today, took a few hours. I guess that is "unpaid labor" lol.

Old 05-09-2021, 08:55 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,090,769 times
I have loved being a stay at home mom. I was able to volunteer at my children’s schools as well as home school for a few years. I could go shopping, out to lunch, take naps in the middle of the day, read books, work on projects, etc. Heck, I get to hang out with you peeps all day if I like.

I haven’t had to impress the boss, deal with meetings, meet sales quotas, etc. Pretty much all that my husband asks that I do (besides child care) is fix dinner and wash the clothes. He does plenty of work around the house. Although I do get bored from time to time, that is my responsibility to deal with, and I’m sure people get bored at work as well. Overall, I think I’ve gotten a really good trade off.

Having said that, I don’t think being a SAHM is for everyone. I think my daughter will definitely need to work outside the home to satisfy her intellectual curiosity.

Old 05-09-2021, 08:57 PM

6,004 posts, read 2,256,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Blah blah blah.

Don't have kids then.
I think that is what is happening.
US birth rate is tanking.

Old 05-09-2021, 09:01 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 24 days ago)

35,721 posts, read 18,073,030 times
Articles like this make my eyes cross. 8:31 pm? Man, what a luxury that would have been! I was up at 6:30ish, and done with parenting kids at 10:30 pm when they were little, and the wee hours of the morning when they were teenagers.

I really didn't think humans could survive so long on so little sleep. BUT, am blessed to have done it. Just got off a ZOOM with all my kids, and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

But yes. The old saying a man works from sun to sun, but women's work is never done certainly defined my experience. And what a joy it was.

Old 05-09-2021, 09:09 PM

26,439 posts, read 46,696,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Correct, I specialize in demographics and population age structure changes over time, and there are always surprises that the demographers don't predict or foresee. One major one is the population is aging at a much faster rate than predicated 10 years ago, even factoring in the large Boomer generation, of which the youngest cohort will all be turning 65 in the next 7 years or less. In many counties in the US, there are a much higher percentage of the population over age 65 than under age 18. Even with remote work and people moving to more rural areas, that is a trend that will not be changing in the short-term.

Old 05-09-2021, 09:11 PM

17,554 posts, read 14,738,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
The people who should be having kids, aren't.

The people who shouldn't, are.

We are screwed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies