Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2021, 08:45 AM

39,278 posts, read 27,677,316 times

Advertisements

Do anybody really care about Jenner's gender identity?

She still looks like an older man, although that lipstick (lip gloss actually) color is pretty amazing.

Caitlyn Jenner vows to do 'absolute best' to end 'sanctuary' policies in California, for this alone, I will call Jenner a she, and if I have to call her the most beautiful woman in the world, I would do just that.

I am strongly against allowing Transwomen competing in women's sports teams, but even this is a minor issue .
Priority, folks.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 05-07-2021 at 08:57 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2021, 12:26 PM

2,400 posts, read 785,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
So I watched the interview. You know, if you close your eyes, Jenner seems like the most sane person in the entire disaster that is the state of California.

But then you open your eyes and go WTF?

I’m conflicted here. I don’t know what to think. I’m sure there are people on the left confused as well. Their woke idealism is in direct conflict with the message that is being spoken.

I wonder how this will play out? Anyway, I’m not a Californian (thankfully), so it’s just a passing interest to me.
M. Jenner IS the only sane one around, or very nearly so. Wish him well.

Old 05-07-2021, 01:28 PM

1,215 posts, read 629,979 times
If I lived in CA I would most definitely vote for Jenner. I don't care that she's transgender, it's her priorities that are important. She sounds like she really cares about CA in which from my observations is not doing too good for certain people. That said, people are moving from CA to Texas, why is that?

Old 05-07-2021, 03:10 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,459,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Just curious about what privileges are offered to men at the country club? So women don’t get the same privileges? Did Hannity bring up that Jenner now plays in women’s tournaments?
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...603-story.html

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/caitlyn-j...-league-272229

Old 05-07-2021, 03:36 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,239,039 times
I didn’t think it was a very substantive interview. She didn’t really talk about anything in detail and very little of it was California specific. You can say “oh I want to bring businesses back” okay but how are you gonna do it.

And LOL at “I am a patriarch for this country.” A little ironic, even though she meant to say patriot.

If I still lived in California I might lean towards voting for her but she needs to be pressed on details and needs to be able to articulate her positions better especially on California issues. You can talk about how horrible the immigration system is but the governor of California can’t do much about federal law. What are you going to do to lower taxes, address the homeless/drug issue, etc?

Old 05-07-2021, 03:56 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,071,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
M. Jenner IS the only sane one around, or very nearly so. Wish him well.
That's kind of sad. There is no other GOP candidate that would be better?

Unbelievable.

Old 05-08-2021, 12:10 AM

6,240 posts, read 3,621,442 times
Yes she sounded like a perfectly reasonable candidate in that interview, but hopefully independent and conservative-leaning voters in California will look beyond that one segment. I remember seeing her on Hannity years ago when she was Bruce, ranting about Obama during his first term. Now her wealth and fame, along with the novelty of being trans, are drawing attention away from more qualified candidates like former San Diego Mayor Kevin Falconer.

I did not live in CA during Arnold's tenure, but I foresee an inexperienced person like Jenner making the same mistake of thinking 'I'll go to Sacramento and magically reverse everything that's wrong because I'm an outsider.' I think it's tougher than that, and requires someone who's held office before. Falconer got elected as a Republican in a city where the majority are registered Democrats. His is the only city in the state whose homeless numbers went DOWN. I also don't trust Jenner on immigration. She's better than Newsom, but the sob story about giving citizenship to the illegal who'd been here 17 years is giving an inch to people who'll take a mile.

I do give Jenner credit for going the full monty; I can't take these men seriously who slap on lipstick and a dress and are "I'm a woman NOW!!". And kudos to her for standing up for biological girls' rights in sports.

But lest anyone forget, Jenner KILLED someone in a car accident on the Pacific Coast Highway a few years ago. Boy was that swept under the rug! She wasn't criminally charged and settled with the families, but she did rear-end someone, which pushed them into the car before them. The person in the car that Jenner hit died at the scene (four cars involved). Malibu is a small community and anyone who thinks Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner didn't receive special treatment was born yesterday.

And I know parents don't want to hear this, but I do think children are partially a reflection of their parents, especially when it comes to what they do in their teens and early twenties. If your daughter is obsessed with flashing her surgically sliced, diced, and filled face and butt every chance she gets (referring to his bio daughter Kylie, not his stepdaughter Kim) then I question what values you instilled in them as they grew up. Attention and adoration at all costs? The narcissistic apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Old 05-08-2021, 05:15 AM

59,277 posts, read 27,456,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Yes she sounded like a perfectly reasonable candidate in that interview, but hopefully independent and conservative-leaning voters in California will look beyond that one segment. I remember seeing her on Hannity years ago when she was Bruce, ranting about Obama during his first term. Now her wealth and fame, along with the novelty of being trans, are drawing attention away from more qualified candidates like former San Diego Mayor Kevin Falconer.

I did not live in CA during Arnold's tenure, but I foresee an inexperienced person like Jenner making the same mistake of thinking 'I'll go to Sacramento and magically reverse everything that's wrong because I'm an outsider.' I think it's tougher than that, and requires someone who's held office before. Falconer got elected as a Republican in a city where the majority are registered Democrats. His is the only city in the state whose homeless numbers went DOWN. I also don't trust Jenner on immigration. She's better than Newsom, but the sob story about giving citizenship to the illegal who'd been here 17 years is giving an inch to people who'll take a mile.

I do give Jenner credit for going the full monty; I can't take these men seriously who slap on lipstick and a dress and are "I'm a woman NOW!!". And kudos to her for standing up for biological girls' rights in sports.

But lest anyone forget, Jenner KILLED someone in a car accident on the Pacific Coast Highway a few years ago. Boy was that swept under the rug! She wasn't criminally charged and settled with the families, but she did rear-end someone, which pushed them into the car before them. The person in the car that Jenner hit died at the scene (four cars involved). Malibu is a small community and anyone who thinks Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner didn't receive special treatment was born yesterday.

And I know parents don't want to hear this, but I do think children are partially a reflection of their parents, especially when it comes to what they do in their teens and early twenties. If your daughter is obsessed with flashing her surgically sliced, diced, and filled face and butt every chance she gets (referring to his bio daughter Kylie, not his stepdaughter Kim) then I question what values you instilled in them as they grew up. Attention and adoration at all costs? The narcissistic apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
"Yes she sounded like a perfectly reasonable candidate"

Correction, a WANNA BE she. "she" still has a penis. You CAN"T be a "she" with one. sorry.

Old 05-08-2021, 11:49 AM

7,833 posts, read 4,580,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post

I was going to ask if this is the same Jenner who killed someone in 2015 and that the police wanted to charge vehicular manslaughter but the DA declined to pursue, so I guess it is the same Jenner who killed someone in 2015.

Old 05-08-2021, 02:21 PM

30,209 posts, read 11,863,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Repubs: “Trannies are mentally ill, they should be shunned! I don’t want them in society!”

A trans Republican runs for governor: “The only sane person in California!”

You really can’t make this up. Republicans have no idea what is going on, just flailing in the wind.
One more reason I am Libertarian.

Dems don't like Caitin because as a trans person she needs to be a Democrat. Lock step. They get upset when black people get out of line and are GOP. Look at Kanye.

GOP do not like her because she needs to be a he and not a she. Perhaps they should stop worrying about optics and start worrying about winning elections and issues.

There have been several Libertarian trans persons running for office. You don't hear much about it because for our party being yourself is most important. Its not that hard to just show her some respect. She has accomplished more in life and is more financially successful than 99% of those showing her disrespect here in here. Perhaps 100%. Perhaps they are jealous?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies