Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 12:28 AM

39,523 posts, read 27,940,565 times

Advertisements

Are you in california? Just curious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2021, 02:38 AM

9,045 posts, read 3,565,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Why would the left need to? Most of the left agrees with her position. We just don't like the fact that the right likes to use this issue to promote general intolerance toward all trans people in general, something we've definitely seen here in this discussion.
The problem is with the activists within the trans community that like to use the topic to promote general intolerance toward people who disagree with them. By their definition you are a transphobe.

Unfortunately most of the SJW left go along with it despite not believing in it. That's why it will be interesting to see how the navigate the problem of Caitlin.

Old 05-07-2021, 04:26 AM

4,812 posts, read 3,347,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPC324 View Post
It will be entertaining watching the left try to pick apart Jenner's comments on sports inclusion. Not only would Caitlin Jenner be the foremost expert on the subject as a Trans person who is also a former Olympic athlete, but it crushes the typical rhetoric on these issues of "you can't have an opinion unless you've lived her experience."
Is that before or after she decided to run for political office? You do know she did do a 180 on the subject?

Also she never competed as a trans athlete (woops, she did play in a women's golf tournament).

She is not a physiologist, a physician or a sports scientist, making her no more an authority on the issue then any other female athlete, and there are plenty that both oppose and support trans athletes.

Old 05-07-2021, 05:12 AM

59,543 posts, read 27,825,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Excerpt: Caitlin Jenner on Hannity

I originally voted for Hillary over Trump because of her experience in public office.
Trump won. Proved to Americans that he is an American for America.

I voted for Trump this past election over Biden because Trump did more in 4 years than Biden did in 40.
Biden won..........but I still voted based on my convictions.

I follow one's record every time. Never by the way someone looks.

Jenner has relatively little to no political experience.
Will never get my vote against someone who has loads of political experience.
"I originally voted for Hillary over Trump because of her experience in public office."

"I follow one's record every time."

And she NEVER HELD A PUBLIC OFFICE and did NOT have a record to follow, prior to running for the presidency so she had ZILCH experience.

Old 05-07-2021, 05:14 AM

5,207 posts, read 1,820,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palpebrous View Post
Nobody believes you that you don't consider qualification important. Nobody believes that you trust your car or your healthcare or your money to people who are without qualification. It's a stupid lie to attempt to pull off. You lose credibility trying it.

Nobody believes that "trans isn't even an issue" for you. It is the only facet to his public persona. And it is itself disqualifying, just as if he dressed as Napolean or had tattoos all over his face.

Since you mention it, here are the other candidates whose publicity is being suppressed by the national GOP leadership's investment in this sideshow:
- Former San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer. The 54-year-old served as a San Diego City Council member from 2006 to 2014, and as mayor from 2014 to 2020. The fiscal conservative and social liberal frequently touted his ability to get elected in a Democratic city; San Diego was the largest city with a Republican mayor during his tenure. He is tight with mainstream Republicans such as House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy of Bakersfield, which could potentially give him access to a trove of wealthy GOP donors.

- Businessman John Cox. The multimillionaire, 65, made his fortune in real estate, investments and property management. He used his wealth to fund several unsuccessful runs for office — Congress in 2000, Senate in 2002, Cook County (Ill.) Recorder of Deeds in 2004, U.S. president in 2008 and governor of California in 2018. In that last contest, he spent $5.7 million of his own money on the race, and lost by a historic margin to Newsom. The Rancho Santa Fe resident has also unsuccessfully pushed quixotic ballot measures such as vastly expanding the size of the Legislature and requiring lawmakers to wear the logos of their top 10 donors on the floor of the Capitol, as NASCAR drivers display the logos of their sponsors on their cars during races.

- Former Rep. Doug Ose. The multimillionaire made his fortune in real estate and represented a suburban Sacramento district in Congress from 1999 to 2005. When Ose was in the House, he supported efforts to make President George W. Bush’s tax cuts permanent and to stop automatic pay raises for members of Congress. He pledged to serve three terms, but then unsuccessfully ran for Congress again in 2008 and 2014. Ose also briefly ran for governor in 2018 but dropped out after seeing little interest from GOP donors or in the polls. The 65-year-old lives in Sacramento.
Other lesser-knowns are also emerging, such as:

- Sam Gallucci. The 60-year-old Republican started his career in technology, ultimately becoming the executive vice president and general manager of PeopleSoft. The company was acquired for $10.3 billion by Oracle in 2004. Gallucci then turned his attention to nonprofit and spiritual work, becoming the senior pastor of Embrace! Church in Oxnard. He also founded efforts to help at-risk women and children and migrant workers.

I don't even live in California. I'm an independent from NY. I'd take Jenner over Cuomo any day. Newsom is even worse than Cuomo, so...

Great...those are Jenner's competitors. Maybe they are better! I don't think the GOP is conspiring to suppress them in order to elevate a transgendered person because they are transgendered. That obviously alienates the extreme social conservatives in their ranks. Occam's razor says that Hannity did the interview for ratings. If Matthew McConaughey runs for governor of Texas we will see the same thing. Being celebrity-obsessed is a valid criticism.

Of all the criticisms of Jenner, the only one that is meaningless is being transgendered. It's the only one that has nothing to do with governing.

Old 05-07-2021, 05:20 AM

59,543 posts, read 27,825,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I don’t get the obsession some people have with other people’s private parts. If someone is dressing as a woman and wishes to be regarded in her public life as a woman, that’s fine with me and I certainly don’t need to inspect their genitals first.
What gives you the impression it is an "obsession". HE has made it an issue. Are we NOT allowed to talk about it?

You are EITHER a MALE of a FEMALE. PERIOD.

I don't care who they are or what they do, how the dress, etc. but, IF being a male and CLAIMING to be a woman is a lie. So why should I trust ANYTHING they say.
It's funny how so many on the left have no problem delving as far back as they can to find dirt on a repub and blast it all over the place, but is is NOT OK to question a man claiming to be woman!

Old 05-07-2021, 05:38 AM

25,092 posts, read 9,803,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Tribal politics runs deep.

Is Jenner the only other option?
Well she’s wealthy and successful, as are her kids, so why would she need to be a Democrat?

Old 05-07-2021, 07:40 AM
mlb

4,964 posts, read 4,485,164 times
Quote:
It will be entertaining watching the left try to pick apart Jenner's comments on sports inclusion. Not only would Caitlin Jenner be the foremost expert on the subject as a Trans person who is also a former Olympic athlete, but it crushes the typical rhetoric on these issues of "you can't have an opinion unless you've lived her experience."
She’s SUCH an expert. Doesn’t want trans competing in women’s sports.....and yet, she has competed in women’s golf tourneys while taking advantage of all the privileges afforded men at the country club.

Interesting that republicans and folks who support her are soooo interested NOW! in “protecting” women’s sports.

Those that fought for Title IX are rolling their eyes.

Old 05-07-2021, 08:13 AM

4,094 posts, read 2,196,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
She’s SUCH an expert. Doesn’t want trans competing in women’s sports.....and yet, she has competed in women’s golf tourneys while taking advantage of all the privileges afforded men at the country club.

Interesting that republicans and folks who support her are soooo interested NOW! in “protecting” women’s sports.

Those that fought for Title IX are rolling their eyes.
Just curious about what privileges are offered to men at the country club? So women don’t get the same privileges? Did Hannity bring up that Jenner now plays in women’s tournaments?

Old 05-07-2021, 08:17 AM

45,671 posts, read 24,234,762 times
Quote:
But this expert told young athletes to compete as they felt most comfortable.

Hypocritical expert -- is that a thing.

If this is the only choice other than Newsome -- what the heck is wrong with this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies