Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 10:12 AM

5,045 posts, read 2,424,760 times

Advertisements

At least she made real money at it. It makes my laugh when people say Biden or Bernie are so rich after 50 years in the senate. They are around $10 million counting their main house and a couple retreats. I would be embarrassed to be in the senate that long and not have at least $100 million. That’s rookie numbers I want Putin levels of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 10:25 AM

23,645 posts, read 17,346,582 times
Not to worry, the dem controlled DOJ is on the job. Waiting to hear, 'no lawywer would prosecute this case'.

When a dem responds with 'no one is above the law', they are auditioning for a spot on comedy central.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:32 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,938,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Lets not pretend it's a one sided issue. Both sides do it. It's gross. Needs to be made illegal.
I do agree, people should focused on who in office is making money by policies that promotes a spouses business.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:36 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,938,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
At least she made real money at it. It makes my laugh when people say Biden or Bernie are so rich after 50 years in the senate. They are around $10 million counting their main house and a couple retreats. I would be embarrassed to be in the senate that long and not have at least $100 million. That’s rookie numbers I want Putin levels of money.
So you believe it’s ethical to vote in policies that makes their spouses rich? They are supposed to be working for the American people, policies that will promote their lives, like the blue collar and poor Americans they claim to represent

Old 04-14-2021, 10:43 AM

3,558 posts, read 1,673,044 times
If the rare candidate without at least $1M in assets got elected, he would be well in excess of that even after one term. I agree with a previous poster, that anybody elected to office is either barred from trading stocks or has to put all assets into a blind trust.

And those poor souls worried about Pelosi graft were defending Trump not disclosing his assets or tax records. They excused his peccadillos, both financial and other...

Hey I am for strict disclosure and ban on stock trading FOR EVERYBODY OF BOTH PARTIES. No excuses for any politician. I will take right wing being worried about Pelosie seriously when right wing holds their own politicians to account also.

Honestly wouldnt bother me to ban anybody with more than $1M in assets from running for office or serving in government in any capacity above dog catcher or weed control officer.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:46 AM

43,572 posts, read 18,640,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
If the rare candidate without at least $1M in assets got elected, he would be well in excess of that even after one term. I agree with a previous poster, that anybody elected to office is either barred from trading stocks or has to put all assets into a blind trust.

And those poor souls worried about Pelosi graft were defending Trump not disclosing his assets or tax records. They excused his peccadillos, both financial and other...

Hey I am for strict disclosure and ban on stock trading FOR EVERYBODY OF BOTH PARTIES. No excuses for any politician. I will take right wing being worried about Pelosie seriously when right wing holds their own politicians to account also.

Honestly wouldnt bother me to ban anybody with more than $1M in assets from running for office or serving in government in any capacity above dog catcher or weed control officer.
Insider trading is not the same as disclosing your assets.
One is a crime while the other is protecting your privacy.

Old 07-06-2021, 06:49 PM

26,664 posts, read 15,222,500 times
Nancy "insider trading" Pelosi strikes again!

Her husband perfectly timed multiple government contracts correctly guessing who would, wouldn't, and would get their contract revoked multiple times making millions.

Nancy Pelosi has had this happen over a dozen times now, but insists there is nothing to see here.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...shares-soaring

Old 07-06-2021, 07:04 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,787,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
This isn't political in the sense that both parties do it and both parties have a block opposing changing the law that allows congress members to do inside trading.

Nancy Pelosi who is worth $114.7 million has been accused of insider trading multiple times and every time feigns indignation and refuses to address the evidence while pretending she opposes insider trading from congress members.

Now Nancy's husband bought $1.9 million worth of Microsoft call options right before it was publicly announced that Microsoft had won a huge government contract.

There is no way the Pelosis dumped $1.9 million bucks into risky call options for any reason other than they wanted to act on Nancy's private knowledge of the government contract going to Microsoft.

The Pelosis just got a whole heck of a lot richer gaining $10 million back.

Congress opposes changing this law.

If a low level government clerk did this they'd wind up in jail likely.

Laws are for us peons.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/na...-govt-contract
Last time Pelosi got virtue checked on this a law was passed that it was illegal for congress critters to be involved in stocks as a vested and conflict of interest.

6 months later it was reversed and back to insider trading on the laws they know they are about to pass, affecting stocks.

Old 07-06-2021, 07:21 PM

27,752 posts, read 16,266,009 times
Wow, her husbands an oracle. How lucky for her. This is what the guillotine was made for.

Old 07-06-2021, 07:27 PM

33,603 posts, read 18,252,733 times
They all are dirty. The ones who have no morals and we know by the lies they tell have no moral compass.

If Trump exaggerates they call it lies. Yet the left blatantly and completely lies to smear anyone that is in their way of complete power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies