Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2021, 10:20 AM

9,910 posts, read 4,670,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Addicts are not home grown. They come from outside the area and gather in cities because cities give them better access to everything. Many of them are from conservative rural Bible thumping towns, they got addicted, moved to the cities, and now they're the Democrats' problem.

75% of homeless get off the streets within a year. They do get help and it's been reasonably effective. The problem is our crap hole nation is producing homeless faster than we can get them off the streets.

I mostly agree. Like dogs many don't like to poop where they play.

Worked in a big city in a crack infested ghetto. When working weekends in morning I frequently see the fancy cars doing business with the corner dealers. You'd only see it in the morning. Many become permanent transplants which is probably whats going on in those pictures.

Problem is drugs are everywhere. Last century in the suburbs one tended to get their poop from a friend dealer or go to certain bars. Now you can see deals made just about anywhere as you do the associated paraphernalia. Especially on the streets near a public transportation stop or high schools. Big difference in the burbs is once it gets obvious the police step in where as in many cities certain neighborhood are left to rot-literally written off early in the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2021, 10:27 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,627,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
I mostly agree. Like dogs many don't like to poop where they play.

Worked in a big city in a crack infested ghetto. When working weekends in morning I frequently see the fancy cars doing business with the corner dealers. You'd only see it in the morning. Many become permanent transplants which is probably whats going on in those pictures.

Problem is drugs are everywhere. Last century in the suburbs one tended to get their poop from a friend dealer or go to certain bars. Now you can see deals made just about anywhere as you do the associated paraphernalia. Especially on the streets near a public transportation stop or high schools. Big difference in the burbs is once it gets obvious the police step in where as in many cities certain neighborhood are left to rot-literally written off early in the process.
I havent bought drugs in close to 5 yrs, but dealers are pretty slick nowadays, there have been some truly genius methods devised for them to 'do the transaction' with the buyer.

This one dealer I used a few times, the way he had it set up, dealer and buyer never saw each other, and the exchange was so 'clever', no one noticed, even when its right under their noses.

I know he is still dealing, because I still see his Craigslist ads!

Old 04-17-2021, 10:55 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,584,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why do we send Billions of dollars to foreign countries when US citizens are sleeping on the streets? Why is there more concern for the welfare of the "migrants" at the border than for US Citizens? One has to wonder if the "migrants" would be in such a rush to cross that border if instead of having every need taken care of by the Government they would be thrown onto streets like these to fend for themselves?
It is a disgrace.
Because the democrats and their corrupt media told us for 4 years it’s RACIST!!! to put America First or to MAGA....

Old 04-17-2021, 11:03 AM

20,161 posts, read 9,055,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Everything about the "War on Drugs" is a complete and utter failure...if we would just legalize them, get them off the streets and into regulated businesses that can be taxed, this nation would be so much better off...you'd lessen the power of the Central and South American Cartels which would improve the safety of those countries which would lessen the # of undocumented immigrants migrating to our country...you'd be able to get rid of the DEA altogether...you'd be able to cut narcotics divisions from municipal police departments...the money saved and new money from taxes can go into addiction treatment programs to get these people the help they need.
you could expand that further to the "War on Poverty"

Old 06-21-2021, 01:50 PM

29,526 posts, read 22,704,392 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HBAPCl2Mco

Old 06-21-2021, 02:02 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,708,484 times
Yuck! - I can scratch Philadelphia off the bucket list then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies