Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 09:21 AM

5,108 posts, read 2,355,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I can't pronounce the names of half the people in my block. Tomorrow, since we have all had our shots, I get to have the resumed monthly dinner. There will be people from Turkey, Puerto Rico, deep east Texas, rural black Georgia, Viet Nam, China and Japan. The neighbors from Pakistan cannot come.

There are parts of Houston left over from the olden days still mostly AA. They will last another 10 years, maybe.

It has been my observation that people in Houston don't give a flip about skin color. If you can afford the house next them, come on in.

I still think the woman is block busting.
Houston?! You must live far, far away from the black folks in the Houston area, if you're saying stuff like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 09:21 AM

2,772 posts, read 918,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I see cousins coming over for a visit. Lots and lots of cousins.
Yup. The party will start at midnight and they start shooting each other at 3 am, just like in da hood.

Old 04-10-2021, 09:28 AM

2,772 posts, read 918,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The NRA's main product was fear. They sold and traded on the fallacy that the boogie man was going to take your guns and that liberals don't have guns and can't shoot. Maybe you have seen the video of a cop killing a a man by leaning his knee on the man's neck. The cop's hand is casually in his pocket so he seems to not be in any kind of struggle. If BLM didn't exist this cop would not even be on trial. So BLM will score a victory with the Chauvin conviction and the most important thing is there is a crack in the Blue Wall of police violence.
I hope Chauvin walks a free man. The glow from the Minneapolis inferno will be seen from space. It will be great!

Old 04-10-2021, 09:31 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,970,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Blacks can't afford a million dollar house? Geez And y'all call Dems racist. LOL

Where do the drug dealer live?
Lol! I’m talking about those who BLM were supposed to help, obviously there are middle class, upper middle class and wealthy and successful blacks, they claimed to be helping the black communities that are struggling, they received millions in donations, besides screaming in the media, what have they done? They talk the talk, but where are they doing something about it?

Old 04-10-2021, 09:35 AM

26,620 posts, read 19,504,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Like the NRA?
The NRA was burning down America?

Old 04-10-2021, 12:07 PM

24,279 posts, read 15,405,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Lol! I’m talking about those who BLM were supposed to help, obviously there are middle class, upper middle class and wealthy and successful blacks, they claimed to be helping the black communities that are struggling, they received millions in donations, besides screaming in the media, what have they done? They talk the talk, but where are they doing something about it?
According to sites i found through Google, they are spreading the money out among their local chapters. And the leadership squabbled among themselves.

There are some news postings that indicate large corporate donations went directly to other organizations that lift up communities.

didn't have too much time for research BLM use of funding because Spotify sent me some Jontavious Willis that I hadn't heard. He's much more useful to my soul than and ol BLM rip offs.

Old 04-10-2021, 12:19 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,953,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
One thing to point out here. $1.4million for property in CA is pretty damn low. Especially for Topanga Canyon.

But that's not really the point, is it?

1.4 million could have been used to invest in black communities, particularly those that were burned down during the riots last year.

But, in order for that to happen, BLM would have to be an honest and forthright organization.

Not a bunch of grifters with a catchy name simply designed to raise money for Act Blue - the fundraising arm of the Democratic Party.

Anyone who believed these people were genuine can now wake themselves up. Black lives apparently don't matter to Black Lives Matter.

They're only good for sowing chaos and division, while extracting maximum cash for themselves and the Democratic Party.

Old 04-10-2021, 01:03 PM

9,368 posts, read 16,796,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I find it interesting she would live in a posh, mostly white area instead of some place like Compton, closer to the people she is supposedly fighting for.
The only thing she is doing for blacks is taking their hard earned money. It's a Marxist organization.

Old 04-10-2021, 04:23 PM

13,019 posts, read 13,846,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
The NRA was burning down America?
No, they were just bilking their supporters so they could live high on the hog. What you are accusing BLM of is called "acting white."

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/06/89971...-investigation
The attorney general of New York took action Thursday to dissolve the National Rifle Association following an 18-month investigation that found evidence the powerful gun rights group is "fraught with fraud and abuse."

Attorney General Letitia James claims in a lawsuit filed Thursday that she found financial misconduct in the millions of dollars and that it contributed to a loss of more than $64 million over a three-year period.

Powell is also accused of directing charitable funds to be used for the benefit of his family members. The New York attorney general said that Powell approved of a $5 million consulting contract with the firm McKenna & Associates. That firm, in turn, hired Powell's wife and passed her a $30,000 monthly consulting fee through the NRA. Powell also arranged for an NRA vendor to hire his father as a paid photographer, leading to $90,000 in fees for his father — funds that were ultimately billed to the NRA.

The lawsuit also claims that LaPierre received more than $1.2 million in expense reimbursements over four years, including gifts for friends, travel expenses and memberships at golf clubs and hotels.

LaPierre, who also serves as CEO, has held the top position at the organization for nearly 30 years. In the attorney general's lawsuit he is accused of using charitable funds for personal gain, including a post-employment contract valued at more than $17 million that was not approved by the NRA's board of directors.

"The NRA's influence has been so powerful that the organization went unchecked for decades while top executives funneled millions into their own pockets,"

Old 04-11-2021, 09:53 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,953,616 times
Turns out the spending binge is much steeper than originally reported, and has been going on for years:

Quote:
As protests broke out across the country in the name of Black Lives Matter, the group’s co-founder went on a real estate-buying binge, snagging four high-end homes for $3.2 million in the US alone, according to property records.

Patrisse Khan-Cullors, 37, also eyed property in the Bahamas at an ultra-exclusive resort where Justin Timberlake and Tiger Woods both have homes, The Post has learned. Luxury apartments and townhouses at the beachfront Albany resort outside Nassau are priced between $5 million and $20 million, according to a local agent.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/10/inside...-buying-binge/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies