Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 06:34 AM

39,922 posts, read 26,631,982 times

Advertisements

I figured Joe's policies would put us in a recession, but figured it would take a year for the Democrats to destroy 4 years of progress and prosperity. Biden takes office with a stock market at a record high-in spite of a worldwide pandemic. He took power when there is not just one Covid vaccine rolled out (due to Trump)-but 3. All he has to do is not F up distribution and it's over. Unemployment on Trump's last day in office, again in the midst of a pandemic, was lower than at any time in Obama's entire first term in office (and only slightly higher than his best day of his 2nd term).

But, frankly, I didn't expect Joe to ignore congress and rule by Executive Order. He killed 10s of thousands of jobs in his first day in office, and in the following days has just doubled-down on stupid. I think I was wrong-I gave him a year to put us in a recession, now I'm thinking it might happen in his first month! Anyone taking any bets? I'm really regretting not shifting a lot of my retirement out of stocks and into cash or gold to survive this. Might still be time to cut the losses and do so today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2021, 06:35 AM

955 posts, read 618,360 times
We've been in a recession, technically, since July. Look it up.

I give Biden a year before he brings the economy back to life after Trump sadly drove it in the ground last year.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:39 AM

10,932 posts, read 4,422,505 times
Covid tanked the economy so bad last year, and Trump still won Florida by 3.3 and Ohio by 8.0, quite incredible.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:41 AM

20,313 posts, read 21,064,739 times
It’s already started. And not the covid related slow down.
2021 will make 2020 seem like a joke.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:43 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,851,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I figured Joe's policies would put us in a recession, but figured it would take a year for the Democrats to destroy 4 years of progress and prosperity. Biden takes office with a stock market at a record high-in spite of a worldwide pandemic. He took power when there is not just one Covid vaccine rolled out (due to Trump)-but 3. All he has to do is not F up distribution and it's over. Unemployment on Trump's last day in office, again in the midst of a pandemic, was lower than at any time in Obama's entire first term in office (and only slightly higher than his best day of his 2nd term).
Trump has already destroyed the economy and this is far worse than a recession. Great Depression 2.0 began last March.

There's no way out of a lost decade for the economy at this point. Soon the Dow will be under 10,000 (where it will reflect the pain currently being felt on Main St). Job losses under Trump were 4x worse than the 2008-2012 recession.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:45 AM

3,558 posts, read 1,671,288 times
See you actually gotta recognize that a pandemic will likely cause a recession even if, unlike Trump, you deal with it effectively.... All Trump did was stick head in sand and effectively kill more Americans than Hitler, Mussolini, and Tojo did together.

Whats really wack is some Trumpers in hospital DYING OF COVID, still deny covid exists and argue with the nurses and doctors. That takes major delusion. But guess their orange god will save them....

Old 01-28-2021, 06:46 AM

15,949 posts, read 12,347,801 times
A true correction of the excesses in the system would require far more than a recession.

https://twitter.com/NorthmanTrader

"Kinda ironic that this sell off has commenced right at the time of the widest spread between record long bullish asset manager allocations and record low options equity put/call ratio protection."

Old 01-28-2021, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimumingyu View Post
We've been in a recession, technically, since July. Look it up.

I give Biden a year before he brings the economy back to life after Trump sadly drove it in the ground last year.
Nope-a recession is 2 consecutive quarters of negative economic growth. We rebounded from the big dump of early last year in record time. Under Bush/Obama it took 7 years for the economy (Dow) to rebound from the highs in 2007. Under Trump, what, 2 months? When you have a president that actually works FOR your country, your economy can prosper.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Covid tanked the economy so bad last year, and Trump still won Florida by 3.3 and Ohio by 8.0, quite incredible.
You did read the OP right? The economy "tanked" so hard that our UE rate was still better than ANY time in Obama's entire first term, and the stock market was at record highs. All the key pieces are in place for Biden to do extremely well given the booming economy and the ready availability of vaccines to put Covid down. All he has to do is not F it up. Not looking like he can manage that based on his progress so far. Actively trying to destroy American jobs and help our enemies tends to do that.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Trump has already destroyed the economy and this is far worse than a recession. Great Depression 2.0 began last March.

There's no way out of a lost decade for the economy at this point. Soon the Dow will be under 10,000 (where it will reflect the pain currently being felt on Main St). Job losses under Trump were 4x worse than the 2008-2012 recession.
Do you enjoy your delusional little world, separated from reality? Are the scary little Qauans in the room with you now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies