Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 08:45 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,878,279 times

Advertisements

The CBO estimates that it will take ten years for the unemployment levels to recover from Covid and estimates that will cost the U.S. almost 8 trillion dollars.

Marketplace: "CBO says Covid-19 recovery for the U.S. economy will take ten years."

Fact: Trump left office with less jobs than when he came.

You can't ignore those images of cars lined up for miles waiting for food.

None of this, NONE of this should have happened with the right, aggressive, honest response to the pandemic from day one.

We are so far behind the 8 ball now because of Trump's lies and failed leadership.

Fact: Trump lost reelection because of his failed Covid response. He ruined our economy just like he's done with his many businesses and bankruptcies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2021, 08:49 AM

6,015 posts, read 2,962,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Nope-a recession is 2 consecutive quarters of negative economic growth. We rebounded from the big dump of early last year in record time. Under Bush/Obama it took 7 years for the economy (Dow) to rebound from the highs in 2007. Under Trump, what, 2 months? When you have a president that actually works FOR your country, your economy can prosper.

Old 01-28-2021, 08:53 AM

955 posts, read 624,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Nope we've been in a recession since July (thanks to Trump).

Old 01-28-2021, 08:53 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,476,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Joe inherited the recession, he didn't create it. The pandemic is the cause of the recession, Joe is on the right track to an economic boom! Give Joe time!

It didnt help that Trump fired the entire pandemic response team, when the unit was disbanded. So now everything's a mad scramble to get back to some kind of normalcy.

“The Obama-Biden Administration set up the White House National Security Council Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense to prepare for future pandemics like COVID-19. Donald Trump eliminated it — and now we're paying the price.”

Old 01-28-2021, 08:57 AM

19,001 posts, read 8,635,544 times
The Pandemic is Job #1 and why as an Independent I voted for Biden. Fix the Pandemic and the economy will boom again.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:03 AM

3,005 posts, read 1,514,747 times
Recession is a spin word for economists and pundits to pretend it's only a temporary setback before more inevitable growth. They can't comprehend stability or permanent decline, despite the USA peaking in the 1970s, with almost five decades of mostly decline behind us. That leaves Joe's team with the options of managing or mismanaging their period of the decline, or just ignoring it and hoping people don't complain too much. The population is still growing, especially as the borders are opened, so there will be less wealth spread among more people.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:23 AM

10,445 posts, read 8,029,683 times
Quote:
I figured Joe's policies would put us in a recession, but figured it would take a year for the Democrats to destroy 4 years of progress and prosperity. Biden takes office with a stock market at a record high-in spite of a worldwide pandemic. He took power when there is not just one Covid vaccine rolled out (due to Trump)-but 3. All he has to do is not F up distribution and it's over. Unemployment on Trump's last day in office, again in the midst of a pandemic, was lower than at any time in Obama's entire first term in office (and only slightly higher than his best day of his 2nd term).

But, frankly, I didn't expect Joe to ignore congress and rule by Executive Order. He killed 10s of thousands of jobs in his first day in office, and in the following days has just doubled-down on stupid. I think I was wrong-I gave him a year to put us in a recession, now I'm thinking it might happen in his first month! Anyone taking any bets? I'm really regretting not shifting a lot of my retirement out of stocks and into cash or gold to survive this. Might still be time to cut the losses and do so today.
I agree. I'm very nervous about my 401K and I also have personal stocks. Things aren't going well now and will get a lot worse with Biden 100%. I hate to pull out my 401K but I also hate to lose it all. This has me really nervous and upset. Do I just get cash and put it under my mattress? I can't stand Biden. He is absolutely the worst president ever and just awful for this country. Trump is having a big "I told y'all so" right about now.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:30 AM

10,445 posts, read 8,029,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimumingyu View Post
Nope, we've been in a recession since last year, look it up. All under Trump.
Not Trump's fault Covid happened. If not for Covid, the economy would be booming better than ever. So don't put that on Trump. Trump would have been the best person to get this economy back up 100%. Biden will put in in the crapper....don't believe me, just watch. It won't take long.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:56 AM

18,490 posts, read 7,171,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Who?

You know, the old white guy you elected that's been in government for close to 50 years and hasn't accomplished anything and also has a penchant for getting touchy-feely with little kids.

Old 01-28-2021, 10:23 AM

11,084 posts, read 4,501,726 times
Quote:
You did read the OP right? The economy "tanked" so hard that our UE rate was still better than ANY time in Obama's entire first term, and the stock market was at record highs. All the key pieces are in place for Biden to do extremely well given the booming economy and the ready availability of vaccines to put Covid down. All he has to do is not F it up. Not looking like he can manage that based on his progress so far. Actively trying to destroy American jobs and help our enemies tends to do that.
I'm talking about the unemployment rate obviously resulting from covid.
All the good economic factors were overshadowed by the high unemployment rate.
It made it difficult for Trump to campaign on the economy, no matter how great the economy really was.
Early in 2020, Trump had huge leads over Biden in polls asking which candidate people trusted with economy.
By the end of 2020, Trump only had a small lead, because all they look at is the unemployment rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies