Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 11:02 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,832,330 times

Advertisements

You can try to justify it by saying that it's payback for what the left did over the summer looting and burning businesses (though it wasn't the "left" doing that and Biden denounced the violence, but you don't care). In reality, this gets us closer to a religious coup and the institution of a theocratic fascist regime such as those depicted in fiction like 'V for Vendetta' or 'A Handmaid's Tale' or what currently exists in Iran or Saudi Arabia.

We very much could have our own ISIS brewing in this country. Growing up in a church that preached that we'd literally have a civil war if same-sex marriage was ever legalized, I have to say absolutely nothing going on right now surprises me.

The LGBT issue is a line in a sand for these people and they will not tolerate a society that doesn't enforce their views on issues like gender and sexuality. 1-6-21 shows how far they are willing to go. The fact most are passively supporting the insurrection by immediately shifting the conversation to BLM really shows how much closer to a theofascist takeover we are in this country. Despite all the flag waving and patriotism after 9/11, that all went out the window the moment we elected a black President and legalized same-sex marriage. To about 30% of the country, America is Sodom and Gomorrah and the only way it can be saved is by a violent overthrow of the government and forced return to Christian (i.e. Victorian era) values.

That, to me, is terrifying. When it becomes in the name of God, anything can be justified. This is exactly why tying religion to political ideology is so dangerous and why the founders wanted separation of church and state.

P.S. This does not apply to ALL conservatives or Christians. If you support what happened on 1-6-21, it applies.

Last edited by bawac34618; 01-24-2021 at 11:12 AM..

Old 01-24-2021, 11:14 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,020,924 times
Ha, ha, ha. I get a kick out of people forever focusing on a few people. There are over 320,000,000 people in the US. The FBI will handle the idiots. The few idiots that did that Capital Building thingy were able to do so because the right typically doesn't do such things like the left does all the time. It will never happen again.

Of course Biden made a mess of it making National Guards people sleep in some damn cramped parking garage and making COVID BOOM! Nice.

Old 01-24-2021, 11:20 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,786,882 times
You hit home. In another thread, I explained why some Americans won't ever accept Biden as president and it's not because they think the election is stolen but because he was raised a Roman Catholic and these same people have a nasty, bigoted bias against Catholics. What DJT has revealed in the last four years is that hatred, bigotry, and intolerance is still pervasive in our society. Some still dip their hands into conspiracies and accuse others of heresy as if it is still 1692 and of course without solid, scientific proof. The new administration has to work hard to educate the American public not to simply judge books by their covers if you know what I mean.

Old 01-24-2021, 04:45 PM

27,190 posts, read 15,367,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
You can try to justify it by saying that it's payback for what the left did over the summer looting and burning businesses (though it wasn't the "left" doing that and Biden denounced the violence, but you don't care). In reality, this gets us closer to a religious coup and the institution of a theocratic fascist regime such as those depicted in fiction like 'V for Vendetta' or 'A Handmaid's Tale' or what currently exists in Iran or Saudi Arabia.

We very much could have our own ISIS brewing in this country. Growing up in a church that preached that we'd literally have a civil war if same-sex marriage was ever legalized, I have to say absolutely nothing going on right now surprises me.

The LGBT issue is a line in a sand for these people and they will not tolerate a society that doesn't enforce their views on issues like gender and sexuality. 1-6-21 shows how far they are willing to go. The fact most are passively supporting the insurrection by immediately shifting the conversation to BLM really shows how much closer to a theofascist takeover we are in this country. Despite all the flag waving and patriotism after 9/11, that all went out the window the moment we elected a black President and legalized same-sex marriage. To about 30% of the country, America is Sodom and Gomorrah and the only way it can be saved is by a violent overthrow of the government and forced return to Christian (i.e. Victorian era) values.

That, to me, is terrifying. When it becomes in the name of God, anything can be justified. This is exactly why tying religion to political ideology is so dangerous and why the founders wanted separation of church and state.

P.S. This does not apply to ALL conservatives or Christians. If you support what happened on 1-6-21, it applies.

The Left "will not tolerate a populous that doesn't accept their views on issues like gender and sexuality".

Old 01-24-2021, 04:48 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,832,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The Left "will not tolerate a populous that doesn't accept their views on issues like gender and sexuality".
But it's your side that wants laws to enforce your views. You want marriage defined as between a man and a woman and transgender identity banned entirely. The left simply wants people to be able to make their own decisions.

Anything less than full fundamentalist Christian dominance of society is persecution in the right's eyes.

Old 01-24-2021, 06:16 PM

83 posts, read 45,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
But it's your side that wants laws to enforce your views. You want marriage defined as between a man and a woman and transgender identity banned entirely. The left simply wants people to be able to make their own decisions.

Anything less than full fundamentalist Christian dominance of society is persecution in the right's eyes.

The Left:

Climate Change: “You don’t get to just ignore science.”

Gender: “Science does not apply to biology. You get to choose your gender.”

Hilarious bro.

Old 01-24-2021, 06:56 PM

11,289 posts, read 11,059,747 times
The OP is a homosexual that hates Christians who oppose his lifestyle. It's really that simple. Just review his posts over the years. He hates conservatives in general and views life and politics through a single lens. The fact that he is still ranting after Biden/Harris won the presidency is very telling. What does the OP really want in this country?

Old 01-24-2021, 06:58 PM

34,094 posts, read 17,157,211 times
Bawac terrified of Christians..must be just another one of 365 days.

LOL.

Old 01-24-2021, 09:57 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,894,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Lol yeah the Left will not tolerate anyone disagreeing with them about anything.

Old 01-24-2021, 10:02 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,894,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
You hit home. In another thread, I explained why some Americans won't ever accept Biden as president and it's not because they think the election is stolen but because he was raised a Roman Catholic and these same people have a nasty, bigoted bias against Catholics. What DJT has revealed in the last four years is that hatred, bigotry, and intolerance is still pervasive in our society. Some still dip their hands into conspiracies and accuse others of heresy as if it is still 1692 and of course without solid, scientific proof. The new administration has to work hard to educate the American public not to simply judge books by their covers if you know what I mean.
Seems it's the other way around. Biden has apparently no white Protestants just Catholics in his cabinet even though about half of all white Americans still identify as Protestant and about 70% of white Christians identify as Protestants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies