Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 03:47 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,743,852 times

Advertisements

Are there any links to what Cuomo actually said? Maybe a direct quote from Cuomo, rather than some right-fringe interpretation of what he said?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2020, 03:52 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,531,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Silly games. It isn't ready for distribution until after the inauguration - it's not up to Trump -- lol.
Not ready for distribution?! Did you listen to the press conference? No, I’m guessing. That’s because the lib channels weren’t showing it, because it cast Trump in such a good light.

It will be ready for emergency distribution in 10 days - and then to nursing home resident within weeks.

This is the maddest I’ve been. Cuomo is so intent on not letting this vaccine go out under Trump’s Administration and Operation Warp Speed that he’d rather his own constituents die. Reprehensible isn’t a strong enough word.

Old 11-13-2020, 03:53 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,438,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Are there any links to what Cuomo actually said? Maybe a direct quote from Cuomo, rather than some right-fringe interpretation of what he said?
Cuomo just clarified on CNN.

He set up a separate review panel in addition to the FDA's because many were distrustful that the FDA seemed to be trying to cut corners on the approval for political reasons. He said the additional review would be conducted at the same time as FDA's and would not delay the availability of an approved vaccine in NY (assuming the additional scientists on this panel did not have a major disagreement with FDA on the science).

Old 11-13-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Cuomo just clarified on CNN.

He set up a separate review panel in addition to the FDA's because many were distrustful that the FDA seemed to be trying to cut corners on the approval for political reasons. He said the additional review would be conducted at the same time as FDA's and would not delay the availability of an approved vaccine in NY.
Sure, that’s how he’s playing it. The military generals/physicians who spoke today said no corners were cut. It’s all petty politics on the liberal governor’s part.

Old 11-13-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Sure, that’s how he’s playing it. The military generals/physicians who spoke today said no corners were cut. It’s all petty politics on the liberal governor’s part.
Whether or not it was justified to have an additional review panel, it sure doesn't look like what Trump said (that Cuomo had flat out refused to accept delivery of the vaccine to NY) has any basis in truth.

Old 11-13-2020, 03:57 PM

26,039 posts, read 22,230,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
It’s a response to Cuomo who said he did not trusts the vaccine
https://nypost.com/2020/11/09/cuomo-...ccine-rollout/

Cuomo said the vaccine rollout plan needed to be stopped until his old friend President-elect Joe Biden takes office in January, otherwise it will cause “damage.”

So, it isn't about Trump not sending it, it is about Cuomo not wanting it. I don't even listen to MSM, and I knew this already.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...k5q-story.html

Cuomo wants to wait until Biden is POTUS. Isn't NY where they killed off a bunch of elderly by putting people, probably the homeless, with COVID 19 into nursing homes?

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 11-13-2020 at 04:14 PM..

Old 11-13-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
I BELIEVE what you're referring to is the below:

""You have two months, and we can’t let this vaccination plan go forward the way the Trump administration is designing it because Biden can’t undo it two months later, we’ll be in the midst of it. And I'm going — I've been talking to governors across the nation about that; how can we shape the Trump administration vaccine plan to fix it, or stop it before it does damage.""

While I don't like how he said it, I'll admit having an idiot like Trump who lied to people about how deadly the virus was, did almost nothing about it since March and spent 8 days after the election doing NOTHING while numbers spiked be in charge of distributing the cure is like having the captain of the Titanic do a pleasure cruise.
That’s your partisan bias talking. The military doctors and generals are encouraging everyone to take it - and for NY to allow it to be delivered to their state.

And I wouldn’t be calling Trump an idiot when you elected a man with dementia to be president.

I need a stiff drink.

Old 11-13-2020, 03:59 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,743,852 times
So we are arguing over whether a governor will accept a vaccine that isn't even available yet? We all know that he will (no matter what he says), just as we know that Trump will no longer be in office by then (no matter what he says).

Old 11-13-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
Republicans cannot get Governor Cuomo out. Only New York citizens can.
If NY locks down the schools, and parents have to quit jobs, and people are getting COVID, and there’s a vaccine available that Cuomo is refusing until Biden takes over, I guarantee you there will be a revolt.

Old 11-13-2020, 04:05 PM

NY AG just responded by saying NY will sue the fed gov if they attempt to block distribution of the vaccine to NY. (source: Fox News)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies