Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 09:12 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

This is an existential crisis for our democratic election process and therefore our constitutional system of governance. If this is allowed to stand, then elections will no longer be by the people according to who gets the most votes, but according to who can jam the most manufactured votes in late at night after the election.

If Biden takes office, it will be as a usurper and as an imposter. He will not be a legitimate holder of that office as a result of the deceit and fraud that was used to put him into it. He will be like some sort of invasive virus, or perhaps a case of cancer. He will deserve the same level of respect and response that those two diseases warrant.

Considering how blatant and how pervasive the election fraud by the Democrats appears to be, it is not a situation where business as usual is appropriate. Our nation as we have known it will be finished if Joe Biden were to take office and the Democrat left led by Joe Biden will be the villains that have killed it. They should be responded to as the villains that they are.

Cooperation and deference to tradition should not be a part of that.

Old 11-12-2020, 09:13 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
I wonder if Trump will boycott it, and Melania.

I would not blame them. I would call in sick. (already i read that Melania is not giving Jill Biden the tour of the White House yet.

Old 11-12-2020, 09:18 AM

6,104 posts, read 2,725,398 times
I see some of the moderates showing up Romney, Collins, and a few others but I suspect the rest will be cautious as to not upset Trump.

Old 11-12-2020, 09:20 AM

6,104 posts, read 2,725,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
This is an existential crisis for our democratic election process and therefore our constitutional system of governance. If this is allowed to stand, then elections will no longer be by the people according to who gets the most votes, but according to who can jam the most manufactured votes in late at night after the election.

If Biden takes office, it will be as a usurper and as an imposter. He will not be a legitimate holder of that office as a result of the deceit and fraud that was used to put him into it. He will be like some sort of invasive virus, or perhaps a case of cancer. He will deserve the same level of respect and response that those two diseases warrant.

Considering how blatant and how pervasive the election fraud by the Democrats appears to be, it is not a situation where business as usual is appropriate. Our nation as we have known it will be finished if Joe Biden were to take office and the Democrat left led by Joe Biden will be the villains that have killed it. They should be responded to as the villains that they are.

What deceit and fraud? there no evidence of widespread voter fraud. Do you think if you say it enough it will come true?

Enough with the nonsense already stop being a sore loser and behave like an adult.

Old 11-12-2020, 09:21 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
OK, so you’re fine with Republicans boycotting Biden’s inauguration? I’m fine with that, as well.
It's a choice they will have to make.

I think that the respectful thing to do is to attend, and either show support, or quietly be respectful.

I think that is what Dems should have done for Trump's inauguration (maybe he would have drawn better crowds if they did, LOL), and I think it's what R's should do for Biden. Someone needs to be the adult in the room, and right now neither party is showing that type of leadership. There are very un-fine people on both sides...

Old 11-12-2020, 09:48 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I wonder if Trump will boycott it, and Melania.

I would not blame them. I would call in sick. (already i read that Melania is not giving Jill Biden the tour of the White House yet.
Jill Biden doesn't need a tour of the White House. She's been there many, many times. It's OK, she knows where the bathrooms are.

Old 11-12-2020, 09:54 AM

5,345 posts, read 3,214,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

Did you have proof or are you just regurgitating what you read on Parler?

Old 11-12-2020, 09:57 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Democrats were attacking Trump before his first day. They were actually cooking up schemes to oust him!

And no, Republicans do not have to work with Biden, or with Harris once she takes over. Did Democrats work with Trump?
Lets be honest Trump wasn't the parties choice they got stuck with him so don't act like he was. Need I remind you how the GOP leadership spend Obama's inauguration evening at a private dinner party planning out their strategy to impede his presidency.

Biden's is what 3 years older than Trump stop acting like he has a foot in the grave, just because Trump continues to act like a petulant 5 year old doesn't make him younger.

No one has to work with anyone as it appears during Trumps first 2 years where he had both houses and accomplished bubkas. But is that the new norm that Congress will only work if its there own or is it time they start acting like adults and doing the job they were elected for? Please don't bring up Pelosi because McConnell is just as bad and both are an impedance to any sense of team work...

Old 11-12-2020, 10:04 AM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Should Republicans Boycott Biden’s Inauguration? I'd be surprised if Trump is there. I'd be a little surprised if he is still in the country.
Would anyone notice? Nope.

Old 11-12-2020, 10:06 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Are Trumpies still butt hurt over people snubbing his 2017 inauguration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies