Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2020, 05:08 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,071,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
But that is only Georgia, with its measly 8 electoral votes.....they recount there was because it was closer that their state rules..

Only the mail in ballots will be recounted, they are confident in their machine votes
Small correction. GA has 16 electoral votes. Same as Michigan. Still not enough to overturn the election though if everything else stays the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2020, 05:09 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,473,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I mean,.,.

we all watched and saw in real time Election night.

Trump was ahead. But it was no mystery that they couldn't call some places due to the insane amount of mail in ballots that some were not even allowed to count until that morning.

So logically the votes we saw were mostly from the walk-ins.

It's no mystery that many Repubs opted for walk-ins for whatever reason.
And most Dems opted for Mail in for other reasons.

So...as the mail ins were tallied up., We started to see the bulk of Dem votes filling in and overtake the walk-ins.

Seems intuitive.

Now,.I am not saying there wasn't any funny business while those mail ins were in the ether floating around.

But just understanding why Trump had the lead at first.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

If there had been no pandemic the mail-in option would not have been very popular, and would not have been encouraged.

States like Pennsylvania and Arizona would have shown as Biden/blue right away, the same night, in the same proportions.

What people don't seem to take into account is that other than for Trump, the Republicans did fairly well. What is being suggested is that somehow there was massive fraud, but there was only one office affected by it ... ticket-splitting fraudsters? Is that a thing?

Old 11-11-2020, 05:10 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,426,754 times
LOL, I can see OP is still in Baghdad Bob mode. Sad and funny at the same time.

Old 11-11-2020, 05:12 PM

6,701 posts, read 3,000,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
What people don't seem to take into account is that other than for Trump, the Republicans did fairly well. What is being suggested is that somehow there was massive fraud, but there was only one office affected by it ... ticket-splitting fraudsters? Is that a thing?
This is an observation that bears more attention. As a Party, they are doing well. They just lost their Spokesperson.

33,315 posts, read 12,575,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
It’s almost zero they would ever overturn this. Also the constitution basically says Inauguration Day has to be on that date. It’s nearly as impossible a task to push it out or delay it than it is to overturn this and hold another election. It’s most likely Biden either dies in office for that he’s removed at some stage before 2022 because his mental state deteriorates
If Republicans maintain control of the Senate, the bolded won’t happen.

Republicans I’ve talked to would rather have Biden in any capacity than have Harris....and 2/3 vote of the Senate would be required for Kamala to serve out the rest of Joe’s term

21,430 posts, read 7,473,682 times
Quote:

Only the mail in ballots will be recounted, they are confident in their machine votes
How is that even possible?

A recount is a recount, everything should be looked at.

672 posts, read 256,741 times
Quote:
No...impeachment means the House votes to impeach based upon enough evidence..
Sorta like an indictment..

Then it goes to the Senate for hearings and a vote to REMOVE from office..

Once impeached, that is permanent, like a red mark..

Only two other presidents have been impeached...both in second term and not running for re election..

Didn’t you finish 7th grade? They teach this there

You're asking for WAY too much in this forum.

Old 11-11-2020, 05:14 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,286,221 times
I actually read the OP linked article at Gateway Pundit.

Some guy who gives himself a bunch of titles, but is basically a businessman, coincidentally just like Trump and all the other self-appointed CEOs. And someone is using this guy as a credible source? But what does MyPillow Guy think?

This guy is just another extreme alt-right BS artist. I'm going to go with the guys who analyze politics for a living.

Here is how he describes himself:

..."WAYNE ALLYN ROOT is a CEO, entrepreneur and successful businessman like his mentor Donald Trump. He is the host of nationally-syndicated "Wayne Allyn Root: Raw and Unfiltered" on USA Radio Network and former host of national TV show "WAR Now: The Wayne Allyn Root Show" on Newsmax TV. He is a bestselling Conservative author and syndicated columnist and a former Libertarian vice presidential nominee. A key ally of Trump from the beginning, Root aims to share the secrets to a successful life through the lens of the forty-fifth president of the United States..."

I rest my case.

Old 11-11-2020, 05:15 PM

1,969 posts, read 545,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I think the media is a joke too,..

but it's not their numbers. It's the States reporting.

Even tossing out some fraudulent or invalid votes won't be enough to cover that spread.

He is welcome to legally contest it. But I fear it's just not gonna be enough,.and in the meantime he is just cmoing off as a wild animal.
i havent even seen his face since his press conf a week ago. wild animal is a bit much. its really his team duking it out at this point.

it will play itself out one way or another, by january senior puppet will be posted in the whitehouse (im sure its got a cool basement) and his crew will be running the show.

should be interesting

Old 11-11-2020, 05:16 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,833,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Here's hoping. Bring on the recount!
We shall see what transpires.
Meanwhile GA SOS says there is no evidence of fraud.
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...de60dfa0b1f252
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies