Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2020, 05:01 PM

1,449 posts, read 1,154,737 times

Advertisements

If Trump had accomplished everything he did accomplish in the last 4 years with a silken tongue, a likeable personality, and made you feel good instead of with his gruff New York "take-no-prisoners manner," would you have voted for him in 2020 (whether you did in 2016 or not)?

If so, why?
If not, why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2020, 05:15 PM

24,548 posts, read 17,303,484 times
Trump was ruff, crass and a real jerk sometimes but you know what I liked him for his policy over personality.

Despite the unprecedented propaganda 24/7 smear machine that was leveled at him he was able to accomplish so much for America. As it is stripped away by Biden we will start to realize how much he did for us.

Considering Biden's near 50 years in politics, 5 decades of doing very little and actually being on the wrong side of many things I'm surprised that so many have put their faith in such an empty suit.

I liked Trump in 2016 and voted for him again in 2020 because what he was standing for was in my mind Pro America. We really can't say that for Biden and his Dems.

It was said of Teddy Roosevelt that he walked softly and carried a big stick, well Trump stomped loudly and carried a club that he wasn't afraid to use and that was exactly what we needed.

Old 11-08-2020, 05:18 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,152,534 times
Nope. First of all, he didn't accomplish much. Where's that better health care he promised? Where's all that infrastructure?

But it's not a New York manner. His personality deficits are from his upbringing.

Old 11-08-2020, 05:25 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,772,279 times
What did he accomplish? I keep hearing about these tax breaks, but I don’t see it in my bank account. I keep hearing about the stock market, but my portfolio was already doing good...I do give him credit on putting Iran in check.

Old 11-08-2020, 05:27 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 20 days ago)

35,672 posts, read 18,045,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
If Trump had accomplished everything he did accomplish in the last 4 years with a silken tongue, a likeable personality, and made you feel good instead of with his gruff New York "take-no-prisoners manner," would you have voted for him in 2020 (whether you did in 2016 or not)?

If so, why?
If not, why not?
Trump did a good job with the economy and under his leadership the economy was buzzing along like magic.

So you gotta give him that.

I don't know how to answer the rest - give the guy an entire new personality and new way of dealing with the American public?

He was good for the economy. I think that's undeniable.

But he has divided us, perhaps forever. And even though he lost this election, he's NOT DONE DIVIDING US.

Old 11-08-2020, 05:33 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,273,053 times
President Donald Trump accomplished nothing of significance and that's a good thing, because his policies stink.

Old 11-08-2020, 05:35 PM

11,152 posts, read 10,731,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Trump did a good job with the economy and under his leadership the economy was buzzing along like magic.

So you gotta give him that.

I don't know how to answer the rest - give the guy an entire new personality and new way of dealing with the American public?

He was good for the economy. I think that's undeniable.

But he has divided us, perhaps forever. And even though he lost this election, he's NOT DONE DIVIDING US.
Still giving the Democrats a pass on the division, I see. I guess Pelosi ripping up the SOtU speech on live television was a gesture of bipartisanship, eh? Not to mention the crying, the riots, the calls to “impeach this mfer” and the four year attack on anyone who didn’t hate Trump.

Old 11-08-2020, 05:36 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,778,008 times
If only the media reported on policy rather than tweets, people here would have better answers.

Old 11-08-2020, 05:37 PM

11,152 posts, read 10,731,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
President Donald Trump accomplished nothing of significance and that's a good thing, because his policies stink.
He kept us out of any new wars for four years. If nothing else, he deserves credit for being the first POTUS in my lifetime that didn’t get our military involved in other peoples’ problems. There are other things he accomplished as well, though you will never acknowledge them.

Old 11-08-2020, 05:39 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 20 days ago)

35,672 posts, read 18,045,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
He kept us out of any new wars for four years. If nothing else, he deserves credit for being the first POTUS in my lifetime that didn’t get our military involved in other peoples’ problems. There are other things he accomplished as well, though you will never acknowledge them.
That's true. That's a positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies