Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2020, 07:19 PM

8,272 posts, read 11,122,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Healthcare was in the works. Try researching before you spout nonsense. I'd be willing to bet that the Democrats would have bucked him on that one to just like they did on everything else. He removed the mandate which was a good start.
Yes. Try to research. Check what Trump stated in 2016.

3 3/4 years later. All that came out of Trump was a "promise". Huh?

There is no plan now. There was never a plan.

Try to do some research before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Yep.

Trump promised BETTER healthcare, EVERYONE is covered, and the GOVERNMENT would pay for those who could not afford it. Trumps own words.

Better, cheaper, and everyone was covered.

Never happened. Never even offered. Never offered because there is no scenario that could accomplish this. Trump could not come up with a plan better then Obamacare.
Was one of those made up promises to win the independent voters.
Completely fabricated by Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2020, 07:19 PM
Status: "At this point I'd rather vote for the Email lady" (set 8 days ago)

6,345 posts, read 2,928,720 times
If Trump was a decent human being I prob would of voted for him. I used to enjoy watching the apprentice.

But one his true colors came out running for POTUS never!.

Old 11-08-2020, 07:26 PM

3,581 posts, read 4,452,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
If Trump had accomplished everything he did accomplish in the last 4 years with a silken tongue, a likeable personality, and made you feel good instead of with his gruff New York "take-no-prisoners manner," would you have voted for him in 2020 (whether you did in 2016 or not)?

If so, why?
If not, why not?
No, because I grew up in 1970's NYC when he was known as ConDon. It was a play of words on what anyone doing business with him would receive in the end. Anything and everything he did was done to benefit him and only him; no one else. He was despicable then, but I don't recall him being as hate-filled, angry, and as fearful as he is today. Something in his brain has definitely gone awry since the '70s.

Old 11-08-2020, 07:26 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,793,869 times
I would never vote for that man.

Old 11-08-2020, 07:27 PM

19,179 posts, read 8,753,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Imagine if we had a non biased media who reported factually.
..if Trump was a democrat he would be the best president ever

how easy people are manipulated by the media..not just by what they report....by what they don't report

Old 11-08-2020, 07:35 PM
JL

8,526 posts, read 14,644,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Yep.

Trump promised BETTER healthcare, EVERYONE is covered, and the GOVERNMENT would pay for those who could not afford it. Trumps own words.

Better, cheaper, and everyone was covered.

Never happened. Never even offered. Never offered because there is no scenario that could accomplish this. Trump could not come up with a plan better then Obamacare.
Was one of those made up promises to win the independent voters.
Completely fabricated by Trump.
Amen!

Old 11-08-2020, 07:38 PM

1,199 posts, read 739,785 times
I honestly could have voted for Trump if he implemented a healthcare plan that provided as much protection, if not more protection, then Obamacare and well as having more people insured then Obamacare.

If he also didn't downplay the Covid-19 situation and would have put away the Twitter, I could have seen myself more likely to vote for him

Old 11-08-2020, 07:41 PM

15,909 posts, read 21,627,279 times
Still waiting for his fabulous healthcare plans. Guess they're being audited, too?

While I'm not a single issue voter, my two biggest issues are healthcare and climate change. He utterly failed on the latter, and never bothered with the former besides saying "Just you wait, I'll have the best, most beautiful plan you ever saw!" Except we never saw it.

Don't be mistaken - Trump is no New Yorker. Don't insult New Yorkers by pinning his bad behavior on their attitude.

Old 11-08-2020, 07:44 PM

6,869 posts, read 14,158,288 times
Every politician lies but Trump took it to world class levels. I could never ever trust that man.

Old 11-08-2020, 07:52 PM

36,193 posts, read 18,597,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Imagine if we had a non biased media who reported factually.
Right. Imagine if we didn't have Rush Limbaugh, who is sane but biased, and a very strong leader, and Alex Jones who is insane. Imagine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies