Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 02:54 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,952,846 times

Advertisements

What exactly are GOPers terrified of if Biden becomes President? The Senate is red. Biden is very middle of the road, and neither he nor Harris would have carte blanche due to the Senate. So much huffing and puffing over nothing. Life goes on and none of the radical ideas Joe ran on will be possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2020, 02:59 PM

25,807 posts, read 17,575,847 times
They are middle of the road.
But they are not very bright. America may become very popular again as we give away everything we gained over the last 4 years.

Old 11-04-2020, 02:59 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,399,243 times
She will try to destroy Israel with executive order (that's what I'm concerned about, although I realize most of America doesn't care).

Old 11-04-2020, 03:00 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 27 days ago)

36,152 posts, read 18,434,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
What exactly are GOPers terrified of if Biden becomes President? The Senate is red. Biden is very middle of the road, and neither he nor Harris would have carte blanche due to the Senate. So much huffing and puffing over nothing. Life goes on and none of the radical ideas Joe ran on will be possible.
It's a mystery to me too.

A Biden win is certainly not yet in the bag - mathematically, Trump could still win.

But if Biden DOES win - all the things they're very afraid of won't come to pass. Whatever it is they're so afraid of.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:04 PM

5,379 posts, read 3,281,354 times
Quote:
Yeah I don't get it. Biden is as "middle of the road" as it gets. And in all honesty I don't think "GOPers" are the ones who are concerned - it's the Trumpers.

It's like I told my son (this is the first election he's eligible to vote in)...the presidential race gets all the attention but your Governor on down are the ones that will impact you on a day to day basis. One man, whether it's Trump or Biden, can't radically change the country so the drama queens on both sides need to take it down a notch.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:05 PM

6,991 posts, read 3,183,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
She will try to destroy Israel with executive order (that's what I'm concerned about, although I realize most of America doesn't care).
that is a thing, eh.

I kinda of liked how we pulled back from meddling around in the world. No big wars. Stuff is expensive.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:05 PM

9,668 posts, read 4,456,333 times
Quote:

I voted for Trump, but I'm feeling more comfortable with the situation. When there was the possibility of Dems taking both the Senate and the Presidency, I was sincerely worried for the future of this country. However, that didn't happen and, in other good news, it appears that some Dems are finally waking up to the fact that they are out-of-touch with the population in general.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-election.html

Despite a Biden win, this election may be a turning point (for the better) for the Democratic party. I'm actually cautiously optimistic.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:06 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,018,222 times
Yep beats me.. Biden isn't looking like a strong president to me.. GOP told Dems on here to take the L and quit crying.. Seems like they are crying now and have the Senate

Old 11-04-2020, 03:08 PM

17,966 posts, read 13,937,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's a mystery to me too.

A Biden win is certainly not yet in the bag - mathematically, Trump could still win.

But if Biden DOES win - all the things they're very afraid of won't come to pass. Whatever it is they're so afraid of.
They live off outrage and grievance. That's why they loved Trump so much. That's basically his whole agenda. They really don't behave much different than leftist extremists, but then again, if you aren't as far right as they are...then you ARE a leftist extremist.

I truly hope Biden will make an effort to work across the aisle. The right won't recognize him for doing it, but we really need to build up the moderate component of both the congress and the electorate if it's possible.

I'm tired of this WWE type grandstanding we have in Washington. I'm ready to see some grown up discussion and it will be up to Biden to set that tone. Obviously if Trump wins that is out of the question.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:09 PM

929 posts, read 403,659 times
Quote:
Who says we are terrified? A lot of people sometimes missed the big picture here, Trump may have lost the election but the support for Republican Party as a whole has remained intact and in many cases increased (Latinos and black). Look at how many House seats have flipped to Republican and despite record spending ($500Bn) in the senate contest, Schumer will have to cry in the corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies