Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 05:01 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 27 days ago)

36,164 posts, read 18,434,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Apparently you slept through the Reagan and Clinton administrations? Or maybe you weren't alive yet, who knows.
Did either one of them enact legislation that was hotly fought against by the opposing party? Reagan had popular appeal to the masses, and from what I can remember Clinton wasn't able to enact divisive legislation.

You just can't do it, if the parties are in opposition about a piece of legislation. That's the checks and balances.

Neither party just gets "run over" in the government when the Exec branch and the Leg branch don't agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2020, 05:07 PM

16,234 posts, read 5,928,349 times
While I will always respect the office of the President of the United States, I will never respect a hair sniffing pervert like Biden. I never respected Trump either. This election isn't a win for the nation as it was a lose lose deal.

I am sad for my country that the 2 best we could come up with was Biden and Trump.

Old 11-04-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Class back in, so, do you approve of what mcconnell has done?

Do you approve of what pelosi has done?

Class waiting to hear from the teacher.
LOL. The left doesn't feel that what their side did was divisive or obstructionist.

Both Reagan and Clinton had a congress and senate that understood the art of compromise. Tip O'Neil and Reagan were civil to one another.

Clinton was a fairly conservative democrat especially by today's measure.

Old 11-04-2020, 05:28 PM

4,475 posts, read 3,338,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Did either one of them enact legislation that was hotly fought against by the opposing party?
Yes, of course, but the laws that were enacted were compromises. That was what we did before Barrack Obama. How do you think we got Simpson-Mazzoli? Tax Equity & Fiscal Responsibility Act?

Quote:
Reagan had popular appeal to the masses
That would be "we the people", American citizens, the voting public.

Quote:
and from what I can remember Clinton wasn't able to enact divisive legislation.
EVERY bill is divisive, but parties used to work together to fix things. Maybe horses came out looking like camels, but is how the system was designed; debate and compromise.

Quote:
You just can't do it, if the parties are in opposition about a piece of legislation. That's the checks and balances.
Freakin' A this is pointless if you refuse to get that the parties are in HUGE opposition on just about every piece of legislation that isn't ceremonial.

The check and balance are the compromises.

Old 11-04-2020, 05:30 PM

30,319 posts, read 18,883,294 times
Quote:
How very presidential.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...112b54ca66694f

I hope in his first presidential speech, he evokes Abraham Lincoln -

With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation’s wounds.
Of course- he cheated and wants that to stand.

There is no way that fraud on this scale be allowed to stand, as it means the destruction of the republic. When elections are rigged, there is no reason to be a part of the Union any longer.

Old 11-04-2020, 05:45 PM

73,232 posts, read 63,145,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
While I will always respect the office of the President of the United States, I will never respect a hair sniffing pervert like Biden. I never respected Trump either. This election isn't a win for the nation as it was a lose lose deal.

I am sad for my country that the 2 best we could come up with was Biden and Trump.
I voted for Jo Jorgensen. It is sad that this is the best we can do.

Old 11-04-2020, 07:51 PM

10,796 posts, read 3,633,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
And i could have never guessed you were part of Little Girl Sniffer
It appears you buy into propaganda. Yah!

Old 11-04-2020, 07:53 PM

3,358 posts, read 1,285,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Of course- he cheated and wants that to stand.

There is no way that fraud on this scale be allowed to stand, as it means the destruction of the republic. When elections are rigged, there is no reason to be a part of the Union any longer.
No, Trump cheated. There....I can make stuff up too.

Old 11-04-2020, 07:55 PM

24,991 posts, read 9,730,673 times
Biden is very presidential, just look at all his lies, America won’t miss a beat.

Old 11-04-2020, 07:57 PM

Where was his call for unity last week? 36 months ago? Yeah thats what I thought. Biden just wants a variety of hair to sniff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies