Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 05:50 PM

8,567 posts, read 10,992,176 times

Advertisements

Many have already voted, and I would assume that to be many on this web site as well.
My comments are directed at those who have not yet voted.
I don't care what party you are affiliated with, I just want you to look at facts.
Today we are dealing with two very different ideologies, and the only things we have to measure success or failure, is by taking a look at what has gone on in this country since the current administration came to power in 2016.

Many can argue their points of view, but pure facts do not lie.
I don't feel partisan politics or bias should enter into proven, verifiable facts.
So, let us now take a reality check on these last four years.

Many on the democratic side of the fence were appalled by the statements candidate Trump stated on the day he entered the race in I believe, June of 2014.
He stated murderers and rapist were among the people coming across our southern border, and many thought that to mean people of Mexican heritage.
They immediately called him racist.
Those of us who actually listened to what the man actually said, know he did not mean the entire Mexican race, and he emphasized this by saying the word, "SOME".
Still those on the left felt this was the battle cry to action.
After all, "we do not want a racist leader of our country".

Well, Mr. Trump, despite the negativity of the left, was overwhelmingly elected to be president.
Putting aside all the attempts to get him out of office, he still prevailed, and in doing so, rebuilt the economy in ways that were record breaking in many aspects.
He rebuilt our depleted military to the point it is the best and strongest in the world.
He stopped the huge flow of illegal immigration at out southern border, by erecting large portions of the wall, and working with the Mexican government to curb the flow of illegals coming into the country.

He brought China to a point it had never been regarding trade with this country, to the point China knew they had to accept, or lose out on trade entirely with the United States.
Now, in a world still filled with turmoil, the Trump administration has brokered peace agreements in the middle east.
Because of this, he has been nominated for the Nobel peace prize, by three countries.

Not everything in the Trump administration has been advantages to the American people.
The failure to adopt a viable health plan has not been forthcoming, and this should have been a top priority in the first four years of this administration.
Saying "we will have the best and most beautiful health plan you have ever seen", isn't going to cut it.
The administration had four years to develop a plan, and to date, nothing.

The covid 19 pandemic only made matters worse.
The pandemic early on should have been enough to let the administration know it was serious, and needed the utmost attention.
Trump, at the earliest onset of this pandemic did what any leader would do, and that was to curb international travel to this country from the source of the virus.
That was a smart move, and in doing so, perhaps saved many, many lives.
Still more should have been done early on.

Once more was learned about this disease, more things were done to deal with it, but at a pace much to slow.
For a while there was a lull in new infections, but with the onslaught of colder weather, infections are on the rise once again.
My feeling is, not to change horses in the middle of the river.
Stick with what we know is working, and count on those in government, whose responsibility it is to keep us safe, continue their work.

Bipartisan cooperation has been lacking in both parties, and both should come together to better the country, not divide it.
This has been a major problem for many years, not just this administration.
All in all, for the betterment of the country, this administration has made giant steps in making things better for it's citizens.

Look what has and hasn't been accomplished in this administration.
What I am finding on the democratic side is nothing but playing the blame game, accusing Trump of many things they were not able to verify.
In stark reality, we only need to look at the facts laid out before us, to see what party has, and is doing more for the country.
Trump has made promises to the people, and has done well to keep them.
Because there is such polarization through out the country, based on different ideologies, it is best to look at the facts. the facts don't lie, no matter how much spin is put on them from opposing factions.
Study the facts, and weigh your options carefully, before going into the voting booth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 05:53 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,392,167 times
4% of the worlds population. 25% of the deaths. Trying to claim thats anything short of incompetence for a leader is just unreal.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:00 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,964,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Many have already voted, and I would assume that to be many on this web site as well.
My comments are directed at those who have not yet voted.
I don't care what party you are affiliated with, I just want you to look at facts.
Today we are dealing with two very different ideologies, and the only things we have to measure success or failure, is by taking a look at what has gone on in this country since the current administration came to power in 2016.

Many can argue their points of view, but pure facts do not lie.
I don't feel partisan politics or bias should enter into proven, verifiable facts.
So, let us now take a reality check on these last four years.

Many on the democratic side of the fence were appalled by the statements candidate Trump stated on the day he entered the race in I believe, June of 2014.
He stated murderers and rapist were among the people coming across our southern border, and many thought that to mean people of Mexican heritage.
They immediately called him racist.
Those of us who actually listened to what the man actually said, know he did not mean the entire Mexican race, and he emphasized this by saying the word, "SOME".
Still those on the left felt this was the battle cry to action.
After all, "we do not want a racist leader of our country".

Well, Mr. Trump, despite the negativity of the left, was overwhelmingly elected to be president.
Putting aside all the attempts to get him out of office, he still prevailed, and in doing so, rebuilt the economy in ways that were record breaking in many aspects.
He rebuilt our depleted military to the point it is the best and strongest in the world.
He stopped the huge flow of illegal immigration at out southern border, by erecting large portions of the wall, and working with the Mexican government to curb the flow of illegals coming into the country.

He brought China to a point it had never been regarding trade with this country, to the point China knew they had to accept, or lose out on trade entirely with the United States.
Now, in a world still filled with turmoil, the Trump administration has brokered peace agreements in the middle east.
Because of this, he has been nominated for the Nobel peace prize, by three countries.

Not everything in the Trump administration has been advantages to the American people.
The failure to adopt a viable health plan has not been forthcoming, and this should have been a top priority in the first four years of this administration.
Saying "we will have the best and most beautiful health plan you have ever seen", isn't going to cut it.
The administration had four years to develop a plan, and to date, nothing.

The covid 19 pandemic only made matters worse.
The pandemic early on should have been enough to let the administration know it was serious, and needed the utmost attention.
Trump, at the earliest onset of this pandemic did what any leader would do, and that was to curb international travel to this country from the source of the virus.
That was a smart move, and in doing so, perhaps saved many, many lives.
Still more should have been done early on.

Once more was learned about this disease, more things were done to deal with it, but at a pace much to slow.
For a while there was a lull in new infections, but with the onslaught of colder weather, infections are on the rise once again.
My feeling is, not to change horses in the middle of the river.
Stick with what we know is working, and count on those in government, whose responsibility it is to keep us safe, continue their work.

Bipartisan cooperation has been lacking in both parties, and both should come together to better the country, not divide it.
This has been a major problem for many years, not just this administration.
All in all, for the betterment of the country, this administration has made giant steps in making things better for it's citizens.

Look what has and hasn't been accomplished in this administration.
What I am finding on the democratic side is nothing but playing the blame game, accusing Trump of many things they were not able to verify.
In stark reality, we only need to look at the facts laid out before us, to see what party has, and is doing more for the country.
Trump has made promises to the people, and has done well to keep them.
Because there is such polarization through out the country, based on different ideologies, it is best to look at the facts. the facts don't lie, no matter how much spin is put on them from opposing factions.
Study the facts, and weigh your options carefully, before going into the voting booth.

A lot of verbiage for a specious argument. You have been spinning yourself and what are your facts are only your opinions.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:02 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,146,625 times
I'm sorry, CalGuy, but your posts isn't "facts."

Let's just take one sentence: Well, Mr. Trump, despite the negativity of the left, was overwhelmingly elected to be president.

This is untrue. He lost the popular vote, won by a fairly small margin, and apparently in many counties and states, a very narrow margin indeed. This is why people faulted Hillary for not making more of an effort on the campaign trail, because just a few thousand votes more in a few areas would have tipped the election to her.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:02 PM

1,484 posts, read 481,260 times
I just hope for everyones' safety and well being in the days to come.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:16 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,402,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
4% of the worlds population. 25% of the deaths. Trying to claim thats anything short of incompetence for a leader is just unreal.
International flights move the Covid-19 virus from one continent to another.

A large number of these flights go through airports in China, France, Spain and the United States.

The two largest economies are the United States and China, so a virus that originates in China will make its way to our shores via international flights - toot sweet!

Other flights from China land in France and eventually Spain for reasons that a world map will make clear without further elaboration.

This is why some of the first and most severe outbreaks were in Spain, Portugal, Luxemburg, Belgium and France.

They are places where international flights land or areas close to these places.

Given that asymptomatic carriers will take the virus anywhere they go, and given that the president has no constitutional authority to prevent travel within the United States, outbreaks like we witnessed in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Louisiana and Michigan were simply going to happen.

It's all about the air travel.

Countries that people fly to and through got to go first and rack up the greatest number of Covid cases.

A country like New Zealand can control Covid-19 better than the US because the only people that go there are tourists and New Zealanders.

See how that works?

Old 11-01-2020, 06:25 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,392,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
International flights move the Covid-19 virus from one continent to another.

A large number of these flights go through airports in China, France, Spain and the United States.

The two largest economies are the United States and China, so a virus that originates in China will make its way to our shores via international flights - toot sweet!

Other flights from China land in France and eventually Spain for reasons that a world map will make clear without further elaboration.

This is why some of the first and most severe outbreaks were in Spain, Portugal, Luxemburg, Belgium and France.

They are places where international flights land or areas close to these places.

Given that asymptomatic carriers will take the virus anywhere they go, and given that the president has no constitutional authority to prevent travel within the United States, outbreaks like we witnessed in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Louisiana and Michigan were simply going to happen.

It's all about the air travel.

Countries that people fly to and through got to go first and rack up the greatest number of Covid cases.

A country like New Zealand can control Covid-19 better than the US because the only people that go there are tourists and New Zealanders.

See how that works?

4% of the worlds population, 25% of the deaths.

Its that simple. See how that works? One simple fact that shows how incompetent he is. You blather on and on...but...that one simple fact.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:33 PM

8,567 posts, read 10,992,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
A lot of verbiage for a specious argument. You have been spinning yourself and what are your facts are only your opinions.
NO, they are true verifiable facts.
If you don't think what I have stated is true, you are free to google any reliable source you want to find what I have posted is fact.
Some people(and I feel I must include you), fail to accept true fact when it is staring them in the face.
Check for yourself.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:35 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,964,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
NO, they are true verifiable facts.
If you don't think what I have stated is true, you are free to google any reliable source you want to find what I have posted is fact.
Some people(and I feel I must include you), fail to accept true fact when it is staring them in the face.
Check for yourself.
Again i say, your facts are only your opinions.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:36 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,768,054 times
I love Trump!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies