Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 06:36 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,743,611 times

Advertisements

Trump is an empty suit in a time of crisis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 06:37 PM

8,597 posts, read 11,033,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'm sorry, CalGuy, but your posts isn't "facts."

Let's just take one sentence: Well, Mr. Trump, despite the negativity of the left, was overwhelmingly elected to be president.

This is untrue. He lost the popular vote, won by a fairly small margin, and apparently in many counties and states, a very narrow margin indeed. This is why people faulted Hillary for not making more of an effort on the campaign trail, because just a few thousand votes more in a few areas would have tipped the election to her.
Obviously you don't have any idea how the electoral college works.
The EC uses percentages of the vote in each state to determine the winner.
On the hole, Trump received a higher percentage of votes in most states, which is why the EC voted for him to be president.
It had nothing to do with the popular vote,(and it shouldn't) but percentages of the votes in each state.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:45 PM

1,969 posts, read 547,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
4% of the worlds population. 25% of the deaths. Trying to claim thats anything short of incompetence for a leader is just unreal.
curious, what should trump have done, or what would you have done in that situation that would have guarentee 200k didnt die? i really want to know how the other side would have done it. remember, no cheating with hindsight.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:51 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,970,028 times
Look here, i don't call names like you are doing. It is against the rules of this forum. Be forewarned. Name calling reflects on YOU.

Why is it always the Trumpers who resort to name calling. Is it because your leader is a role model?

Just to point out one opinion as NOT a fact is your opinion on Trump's covid handling. His ban on Chinese flights came too little and too late. thousands still came in. And his travel ban on Europe was very late. The virus had already spread here from Europe to the U.S.

In another post you speculated CA would go for Trump. Fact or opinion?

Old 11-01-2020, 06:58 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,427,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
curious, what should trump have done, or what would you have done in that situation that would have guarentee 200k didnt die? i really want to know how the other side would have done it. remember, no cheating with hindsight.
Ive made posts about this before, and you folks ask over and over again.

Simple-treat it like other countries have. This would have meant for example using the WHO test at the start instead of losing a month because we wanted to make our own (that failed). Thats one small example. Its pretty easy to look at this stuff and point out our mistakes. But I recognize that I dont expect perfection from him, rather I expect that in one of the wealthiest countries in the world with some of the best experts that we should have listened to them. We have HUGE advantages here because of our wealth and technological advances over other countries such that in no sane world should we have 4% of the population and 25% of the deaths.

If you really feel the need to see what we could have done different theres TONS of places to google that. You should try it. How Trumps treated mask wearing alone is downright horrifying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies