Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 11:53 AM

47,142 posts, read 26,316,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I didn't elect anyone, tyvm. I never consented to Trump having power over me. I don't vote for people to hold involuntary power over others.

Only thing I do in voting booths is vote nay to any new tax or regulation, or yea to the removal of any tax or regulation.

I wouldn't vote for Trump or Biden if someone was threatening me with legit physical harm.
You may want to check your password, because someone posted some rather gushing stuff about Trump under your name.

Quote:
...via objective measures that would be known by an informed voter, Trump (like any sitting chief exec) is superior in almost every possible way...
Extremely even-handed.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/59553888-post95.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 05:22 PM

14,212 posts, read 5,791,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You may want to check your password, because someone posted some rather gushing stuff about Trump under your name.

Extremely even-handed.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/59553888-post95.html
ANY CHIEF EXECUTIVE vs a lifetime legislator.

Read it again, and L2context.

And I still have not voted for Trump, nor will I. Neither he nor Biden will ever get my consent to oppress me. Neither will anyone other person for the remainder of my life. I did not elect Trump, and that's a fact.

What I said was directed at people who still think their vote a) matters and b) is something other than an indirect act of violence. And I will stand on the analysis, because it has held up for 132 years. When the voters choosing the next chief executive are given a choice between the current chief executive and a lifetime legislator/meeting attendee, they are rock solid consistent for the last 132 years in choosing actual executive experience over hypotheticals from someone who has never held an executive position in their career.

For any objective measure you use to judge the ability to do any job, someone currently in the job versus someone with exactly zero experience with that job (or even type of job) is not a real tough choice. It's why experience almost always beats just education (edit, lol) during job searches. Practical vs theoretical, and you voter folks aren't choosing the next helpdesk intern, junior developer or mailroom tech. You're choosing the CEO of the United Freaking States. Experience matters, and it's why incumbents tend to win...objective analysis of who is best suited for that job.

Your partisan myopia takes that analysis and turns me into a Trumpster, but only in your freaking head. I hate the whole freaking construct, Bad Orange Man included. But FFS, I can figure out the objective way to match candidates with a particular job.

Last edited by Volobjectitarian; 11-01-2020 at 06:19 PM..

Old 11-01-2020, 06:17 PM

47,142 posts, read 26,316,110 times
Relax, you're not the only Libertarian/Anarchist/whatever who just so happens to be in agreement with the Republicans on the Internet. It's surprisingly common.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:19 PM

38,777 posts, read 26,586,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Biden started the nonprofit cancer initiative in 2015.
How close are they to a vaccine?

Old 11-01-2020, 06:20 PM

14,212 posts, read 5,791,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Relax, you're not the only Libertarian/Anarchist/whatever who just so happens to be in agreement with the Republicans on the Internet. It's surprisingly common.
Where am I in agreement with Republicans? They tax, they oppress, and they initiate force, same as Democrats. Why would I agree with them?

Old 11-01-2020, 06:52 PM

35,643 posts, read 17,594,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
+1500 Americans die every day because of cancer. Did you know that OP? Why didn't Obama do anything to address or acknowledge this national disaster/catastrophe?
But Trump is the President. Need to create hysteria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
How close are they to a vaccine?
Close enough. It won't be 10% effective but still worth it. But the governors are working to slow its use.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:20 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,483,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
ANY CHIEF EXECUTIVE vs a lifetime legislator.

Read it again, and L2context.

And I still have not voted for Trump, nor will I. Neither he nor Biden will ever get my consent to oppress me. Neither will anyone other person for the remainder of my life. I did not elect Trump, and that's a fact.

What I said was directed at people who still think their vote a) matters and b) is something other than an indirect act of violence. And I will stand on the analysis, because it has held up for 132 years. When the voters choosing the next chief executive are given a choice between the current chief executive and a lifetime legislator/meeting attendee, they are rock solid consistent for the last 132 years in choosing actual executive experience over hypotheticals from someone who has never held an executive position in their career.

For any objective measure you use to judge the ability to do any job, someone currently in the job versus someone with exactly zero experience with that job (or even type of job) is not a real tough choice. It's why experience almost always beats just education (edit, lol) during job searches. Practical vs theoretical, and you voter folks aren't choosing the next helpdesk intern, junior developer or mailroom tech. You're choosing the CEO of the United Freaking States. Experience matters, and it's why incumbents tend to win...objective analysis of who is best suited for that job.

Your partisan myopia takes that analysis and turns me into a Trumpster, but only in your freaking head. I hate the whole freaking construct, Bad Orange Man included. But FFS, I can figure out the objective way to match candidates with a particular job.
You seem unaware that Biden held the executive job of VP for 8 years, and as a close advisor to the POTUS In the WH for 8 years, clearly gained some insight and experience relevant to the POTUS job as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies